[REMOVE ADS]

Johnny mathis discusses his truth

Though it has been no secret, I've never heard him talk about it publicly. It was great that he had a support system

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Though it has been no secret, I've never heard him talk about it publicly. It was great that he had a support system
    Yes. Always better late than never. Mathis has always been a gentlemanly presence and a welcome to my community.

The fact that he casually said he was gay in 1982 shows how unbothered he was that people knew it but I know his people had to retract that to avoid him getting death threats. Shows how far we have come [[though the struggle is obviously not totally over but it's better than where we were at the time he said it in '82).

What a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Yes. Always better late than never. Mathis has always been a gentlemanly presence and a welcome to my community.
    Agreed, he has always been a class act.