I rarely ever see him mentioned on this forum so I thought i'd start a thread about him

Brother ray is a Detroit native who served as a sideman for Stevie Wonder and several other artists. He also produced and wrote songs for many others. He also claims to have at least co-written Leo Sayer's hit "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing", but was screwed out the songwriting credits. [[I believe him because not only does he play guitar on it, the song recording has his musical signature stamped all over it.)

In 1978, he signed with Arista and was forced to create a band that he called Raydio, featuring some of his buddies. As Raydio, he went on to have several high charting crossover hits including "Jack & Jill", "You Can't Change That", "Two Places At The Same Time", "A Woman Needs Love", plus many other soul hits. In 1982, he dropped "Raydio" and went solo with more hits like "The Other Woman", "Girls Are More Fun", "Let Me Go", and "Ghostbusters", over which he was sued by Huey Lewis because he copped the riff from his song "I Want A New Drug". However, Huey Lewis violated the settlement by discussing it later.

He has recorded at least twelve albums, and is still active. I like his brand of music because he writes from the average man's point of view. He is straight-forward and pulls no punches with his lyrics.