[REMOVE ADS]

The Flos turn it out! 5/18

That was great. Thank you Luke.

Sure Marv and a top notch band!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Sure Marv and a top notch band!
    That really did impress me. They were lively and sounded good. They looked happy on stage to. Now compared to that last video performance they did with Lynda, this is a major improvement and I know that they know it! LOL! This grouping can get some work!

Yes indeed! They seemed more like a group working together and much better song arrangement. Nathan Jones also on you tube from this performance.

Sorry, this song has NEVER sounded good live, and this is no exception. I'm glad the FLOS are incorporating more 70's hits into their set, but they should have let this one walk on out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yes indeed! They seemed more like a group working together and much better song arrangement. Nathan Jones also on you tube from this performance.
    I'll go find it.

and here we go............

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Sorry, this song has NEVER sounded good live, and this is no exception. I'm glad the FLOS are incorporating more 70's hits into their set, but they should have let this one walk on out the door.
    It is not one of the easiest songs to perform live. The missing percussion for starters is a big loss to the feel of the song.

DMCFAN Guest
    But Lynda was a Supreme, right? Who is the third in this & was she Supreme? So that would be false advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCFAN View Post
    But Lynda was a Supreme, right? Who is the third in this & was she Supreme? So that would be false advertising?
    There is no false advertising involved and the third member is Joyce Vincent who was seen by millions of people every week in the mid 70s on her television show with her former group "Tony Orlando & Dawn". Ever heard of them? Of course you have. "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" so you can remember this! LOL!!!!!

DMCFAN Guest
    But Former Ladies of the Supremes? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by DMCFAN View Post
    But Former Ladies of the Supremes? Just curious
    Read the words on the video describing who they are and that's where you'll find your answer.

DMCFAN Guest
    So Joyce gets no credit other than being third? Should be Former Ladies plus one who wasn't. Lynda is great vocalist

I think their official name is Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene Former Ladies of the Supremes with Joyce Vincent.

DMCFAN Guest
    Thanks Luke for explanation

You are most welcome DMCFAN

No disrespect to Joyce, but I wish Lynda was in the group. Then it would really be an authentic Supreme group. Aside from the original grouping with Jean, the other lineup with Freddie- as good as she was, defeated the whole purpose of them being “former ladies of the Supremes”. This new lineup is weird. They really are The Supremes and Dawn.

I really enjoyed these videos, they put on a great show and they keep an authentic tribute to the Supremes for fans to watch, I hope they come to the UK soon I'm thinking that gonna let my heart do the walking is included as 2of the ladies actually recorded that one and that is part of their legacy with the group. .