[REMOVE ADS]

Kamazi Washington's Jazz Masterpiece 'The Epic'

Any jazz fans as amazed by this work as I am?

I met Kamazi about 10 years ago and helped he and his lovely Turkish wife get a car they were looking at. He was playing in the band of one of the late night shows at the time. I learned he was being touted as the next Coltrane...Really nice guy... Coincidentally, several years before that, I did the same thing for Gerald Albright early in his career...I guess perhaps I was putting my unfinished sax section together at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    I met Kamazi about 10 years ago and helped he and his lovely Turkish wife get a car they were looking at. He was playing in the band of one of the late night shows at the time. I learned he was being touted as the next Coltrane...Really nice guy... Coincidentally, several years before that, I did the same thing for Gerald Albright early in his career...I guess perhaps I was putting my unfinished sax section together at the time...
    Very nice to hear! 'The Epic' is an astonishing work and I look forward to experiencing Washington's career as it grows.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Any jazz fans as amazed by this work as I am?
    Great LP, but the live act fell short! Of course, it's hard to meet such great ambition in person ... for one thing, there were just 5 musicians on stage, including a very loud keyboardist.