[REMOVE ADS]

Please lower your volume...or......!

For those of us with large collections,have you ever had a neighbor who would blast their music with few records not knowing that you could blast em out at any time,but you try to be cool?

I share walls with two neighbors in a condo. One of them gets loud every few weeks or so. When it's really bad, I bang on the walls but it's seldom playing for more than an hour. They don't know that I have a PA and two pro speakers in my basement that I could easily place to the wall if I wanted to.

Can be an issue ... I had a terrible upstairs neighbor for years who SCREAMED on the phone for hours at at time as well as playing sports TV at mind-boggling volume; neither he nor law enforcement shave a git. A terrible time. After he moved out a wonderful lady moved in and occasionally played a non-favorite music loud enough for me to understand lyrics to songs I never heard before. She would turn the volume down for me. Jerry Oz may have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    For those of us with large collections,have you ever had a neighbor who would blast their music with few records not knowing that you could blast em out at any time,but you try to be cool?
    Yeah, years ago this Puerto Rican chick downstairs with a bad attitude and temper would do that. LOL!

I didn't realise I was playing my records too loud, but not long after my new neighbours moved in, they complimented me on my great taste in music

I mean i like to crank it too,at a respectable hour,but these clowns wait til[2am]when i'm in bed on a weeknight to play their tired stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  21.1 KB
    Yes. Where I lived in Den Haag for 32 years, I had an extremely large, strong, Dutch neighbour, of Moluccan heritage, who had been a military man. Every Sunday morning for the 12 years he lived there, at about 8:00, he would put on his camouflage outfit, and go down on the street [[across the street, about 3 buildings north), and blast his super loud radio on the loudest possible volume, playing Funk Music, while polishing his Jeep. The vibrations from his radio shook my building [[and it was a very solidly built brick building, from the 1880s). "Boomp! Boomp! Boomp! It would jar me out of my sleep, with a start. No one ever complained. And he just kept doing it. I think people were afraid of him. I was ecstatic when he moved away.

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    I like to have my boombox or my record player on when I'm doing housework or gardening or... ever really. At first I fretted about the volume worrying about upsetting my neighbours but then I realised my neighbours constantly have loud barking dogs [[especially the psychotic neighbour next door who argues with and screams at his dogs at four in the morning), the garage at the end of the gardens constantly have their music [[and loud tools) playing, then there's the gamut of screaming babies and roadwork.

So anyway yesterday I was gardening. I had found an old urn at the bottom of my garden and planted it up with a bunch of things that needed repotting, some alpine strawberries, some pansies, some rosemary, some nasturtiums, rose cuttings, calendulas, sword lilies ect. I had my mix cd on in the background, and was in a peaceful trance.

"IF YOU DON'T TURN OFF THAT F**KING MUSIC I WILL COME DOWN THERE AND RIP YOUR F**KING HEAD OFF!!!"

I looked up and saw my horrible fat neighbour, looking like a sweating albino gorilla. I hate this man and his family as they have been the neighbours from hell since before I was born and was only too happy he had given me the excuse for me to scream a piece of my mind at his fat bald head. So I did. I bellowed right back at him that if I have to hear him screaming at his dogs at 4 in the morning he could stand to hear Can't Hurry Love at 7 pm [[which what was playing, proving that he was a miserable pos to have such a hateful reaction to a song that lovely and joyous). He bawled a bunch of abuse, and said he was going to put a bomb through my letterbox. I cussed right back, saying if his ugly fat arse came anywhere near my house I was going to call the police. He shouted more abuse, but I kept the cusses coming, such as demanding to know why stray cats were always going into his house but never coming out again, and if he was eating them, because the cats always were at the windows meowing to be let out and making HELP ME eyes through the glass. Somewhere between the white trash verbal melee PP Arnold decided to pitch in and started singing The First Cut is the Deepest and Born to be Together at the tyrannical fat ape whose skin had turned a particularly horrible boiled lobster red in the sun, and he was sweating so much that he looked like he had just gotten out of the shower, except I'm pretty sure I wasn't born the last time he had one.

I kept my boombox playing through my mix CD finishing with Elephant Love Medley and I'm Coming Out. See how he like that, the evil pile of satanic blubber. A friend of mine [[real tough lad) got drunk and wanted to "f**k him up" and I had to plead with him not to. This guy is built like a brick ****house so he could have easily beaten this moblin of a man. [[Google moblin from zelda for an accurate depiction of my neighbour, only imagine him pinker and sweatier.)

I was worried about annoying my neighbours but I have heard a few applauses from other neighbours over the fence when I put most of my tracks on. My boombox is very quiet anyway as she was only 20 quid, nowhere near as loud as my neighbours radios and so forth, so I don't get what this nasty ugly man was being so OTT about. Bombing my letterbox indeed.

I'm usually the loud neighbor in regards to my friends and I jamming as well as my love for loud music and great acoustics.

My family definitely passed down my love for it. If you lived in an apartment next to me during college, you would probably hear a lot of ....swinging, swayin' records playin' [[dancing in the street). I would always turn it down if someone complained and kept it to daytime hours.

Lucky for me, now I live out in the boonies and noise isn't too much of a problem if I cause it.

I have a huge record collection, but I used to live next to a neighbor who had a little band. Every night they would get drunk and play the same riff from Thin Lizzy's "Cowboy" over and over and over for hours!