[REMOVE ADS]

The Elgins - Feel Real CD

I can't find much information about this CD - track list for example and is it THE Elgins? Does anyone have it and is it worth buying please?

Name:  elgins.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  30.0 KB

I don't see a single member that looks like anyone from the original group- maybe, and it's a real MAYBE- that guy in the middle of the three men is from the original group, but I really doubt it.

Most of them are tracks recorded with Ian Levine. Yonne Vernee Allen sings the leads. Saundra Edwards recorded solo for Ian Levine. Some of the tracks are very good especially Take The Train.

But that isn't Yvonne Vernee on the cover photo. The caption reads "This CD contains the hits Giving Up & Because Of You. Pot Of Gold Records".

I don't think this CD has the Motorcity recordings on it... I can't find any of the tracks from the CD on iTunes and the Motoricty ones are always available there.

https://www.amazon.com/Feel-Real-Elgins/dp/B0002Z9LPI

Confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Kenneth, thanks for that. I also found this:

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/theelgins

This CD is also on the Pot Of Gold Records label, which suggests that Feel Real and this one are both by the same group, apparently featuring Sharyn Ginyard! I hate to say it but to me the group looks fake... the CDbaby website sheds some light on this...

Sharyn Ginyard, the main stay of The “Elgins” is an outstanding female lead with few equals. When accompanied by Virgil Ginyard, The founder and original member of The “Elgins”, Guy Isley, Herman Watkins and Kevin Walker providing background harmony and interchanging leads expands the visual performance range of The “Elgins”.

erm...
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 06-01-2018 at 05:47 AM.

That seems to nail it - not "our" Elgins at all.