[REMOVE ADS]

Happy birthdate to gladys horton marvelettes

Happy bitthday gladys you gave the marvelettes ur voice artistry and writing ability. playboy. And the marvelettes on stage was way ahead of its time. Perhaps too soon before the media picked it up. R.i.p always

Thanks for remembering Gladys. It's truly a shame she didn't record more after leaving Motown because her voice never lost any of its ability. She was instantly recognizable even if [[sometimes) she and Wanda could sound quite a lot alike.

A Very Happy Birthday to Gladys Horton! I remember you..........

Happy heavenly birthday, Miss Horton!

Happy birthday to an unsung hero of the Motown Sound... RIP Gladys Horton.

Gladys Horton was always a real Rock N Soul star. I feel blessed to have seen them on that Otis Redding Tour in 1966.Gladys had that "IT" factor in relating to the audience. I always thought "This Night Was Made For Love" would have been a hit follow up to "Young & In Love". In the 80-'s when my brother was in Calif. visiting Mary Wells, Gladys came over & played them a demo that she wrote & recorded called "Space Rock Radio" & my brother said it was great. Too bad she had so many problems with the fakes.

@motony, how great that you got to meet her!

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Gladys Horton was always a real Rock N Soul star. I feel blessed to have seen them on that Otis Redding Tour in 1966.Gladys had that "IT" factor in relating to the audience. I always thought "This Night Was Made For Love" would have been a hit follow up to "Young & In Love". In the 80-'s when my brother was in Calif. visiting Mary Wells, Gladys came over & played them a demo that she wrote & recorded called "Space Rock Radio" & my brother said it was great. Too bad she had so many problems with the fakes.
    I saw them in 1966 at an outdoor concert in City Park in Toledo, OH. Their new record was "Don't Mess With Bill" at the time.

This is a fantastic performance by Gladys, one of my favorites. It's easy to forget just how young these ladies really were at the time because here, Gladys has such a mature, jazzy, adult sound.