Today, Starbucks closed their stores for mandatory anti-bias training. This is only the start of their process. Tune in to MSNBC Tuesday May 29 at 9 p.m. ET or stream the event on Twitter @MSNBC. Join in the discussion using #EverydayRacism.

I thought it would also be a good idea to start a thread here to keep the conversation going. Of course, I don't care who you are, White, Black, Latino, Asian, Muslim, Christian, Martian...please post experience you've had when you felt that bias was at play.

I'll start:

I am Black. Over the last year, I have gone to Target in three different cities. In each, I was followed by several employees and security while trying to shop, as i've done for years. They follow me around, yet don't follow any Whites around. [[My sister was once the head of the security team in one of them). I shop at Target because I have liked their treatment of their employees more than at Walmart.

Lately, since this has been happening, i've decided to shop more at Walmart because I don't feel like I am being watched because i'm Black. And, if they are watching me, I don't see it. I would rather shop where I do not feel like I am profiled, even if they have a less than stellar reputation. In my eyes, Target has fallen from grace with me.