[REMOVE ADS]

"rosanne" tv show cancelled because of racist tweets from star

As CNN would say, BREAKING NEWS

Not sure what the offending tweet was , but I think she called a former presidential advisor to President Obama a product of the Muslim Brotherhood and the "Planet of the Apes".

Wanda Sykes, one of the executive producers, also walked away from the show.

Is there any way to cancel a US Presidency for racial remarks?

"Roseanne" just got canceled after Roseanne Barr said some Deplorable stuff on Twitter last night. Good for ABC. But screw ABC for putting this racist pig on while preventing "Black-ish" from showing its episode about kneeling during the national anthem.
    ‘Roseanne’ Canceled by ABC After Roseanne Barr’s ‘Repugnant’ Comments, Network President Says

‘Roseanne’ Canceled by ABC After Roseanne Barr’s ‘Repugnant’ Comments, Network President SaysABC has canceled “Roseanne” after Roseanne Barr’s racially charged tweet about Valerie Jarrett Monday morning.

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” ABC entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement to TheWrap on Tuesday.

“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr said earlier on Tuesday in response to a Twitter thread about Jarrett, a former adviser to Barack Obama.

Barr apologized before ABC’s statement on Tuesday, saying that her statement suggesting that former Barack Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett is a product of the Muslim Brotherhood and the “Planet of the Apes” was a “joke” that was “in bad taste.
    “I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” Barr said. “I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste.”

The “Roseanne” star’s tweet caused swift backlash on Twitter, and consulting producer Wanda Sykes said she would not be returning to the sitcom on Tuesday morning. Executive producer and co-star Sara Gilbert said that Barr’s comments are “abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show.”

Also Read: Roseanne Barr Apologizes for 'Planet of the Apes' Valerie Jarrett Tweet: 'My Joke Was in Bad Taste'

Gilbert added that news of the cancelation is “incredibly sad and difficult.”

“This is incredibly sad and difficult for all of us, as we’ve created a show that we believe in, are proud of, and that audiences love– one that is separate and apart from the opinions and words of one cast member,” she said.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roseanne-canceled-abc-roseanne-barr-repugnant-comments-network-174759145.html

I always knew that roseanne barr was stupid,but she's worst than i thought,i guess she thought that because her boy is in the white house she could just say what she wants...sad and stupid!

Bravo to ABC; hoping djt does not fan the flames with his ignorance; waiting to see if another network is craven enough to pick up the series.

It gets better...this asshole previously tweeted that Ambassador Susan Rice had "big swinging ape balls." Fuck off, lady.

Shes an ignorant pig and ABC did the right thing. And just like all cowards who dish it out but cant take it, shes left twitter. Good Riddance Barr.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I always knew that roseanne barr was stupid,but she's worst than i thought,i guess she thought that because her boy is in the white house she could just say what she wants...sad and stupid!
    Trump has said how much he enjoys her show and even bragged about how great it was because it was about "US"!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Bravo to ABC; hoping djt does not fan the flames with his ignorance; waiting to see if another network is craven enough to pick up the series.
    No one is going to pick that shit up and Rosanne Barr is now television history. No more shows for you Rosanne! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    It gets better...this asshole previously tweeted that Ambassador Susan Rice had "big swinging ape balls." Fuck off, lady.
    What does that mean? Susan Rice is a very nice looking, very intelligent woman.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    What does that mean? Susan Rice is a very nice looking, very intelligent woman.
    It means Roseanne is a racist p.o.s.

Agreed! !!!!!!

She's been that for years and still got a job on ABC.

Good point. She’s been tweeting this stuff for years and ABC still hired her and they would lose all their advertisers if they kept her, tho of course I’m thrilled they fired her. Valerie J is also a very attractive woman... Roseanne must have been jealous too.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Good point. She’s been tweeting this stuff for years and ABC still hired her and they would lose all their advertisers if they kept her, tho of course I’m thrilled they fired her. Valerie J is also a very attractive woman... Roseanne must have been jealous too.
    For some reason, the conspiracy minded 4chan crowd focus on certain people in Obama's circle and ascribe greater importance to their roles than conventional knowledge allows. Ms. Jarrett is one of those people who they think had some secret role in helping to remove the "patriots" from leadership roles in the military so they could be replaced by robots that obeyed Obama's command. She's not even in government service anymore and they still think she's a nefarious character.

ETA: Barr called Rice “a MAN [emphasis mine] with big swinging ape balls.” Methinks someone’s got an issue with powerful Black women. May this fool never work again.

I see that Roseanne Barr has blamed taking Ambien sleeping pills as the cause of her racist tweet. Well done Ashleigh Koss, spokesperson for Ambien manufacturer Sanofi, for stating, "While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect".

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    "While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect".
    Love it!!!

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    Good riddance to Roseanne, but I feel really bad for all the crew and actors on the show: they didn't deserve to lose all their jobs because one person expresses racist opinions on social media. If 2 and a Half Men can carry on without Mr Sheen, then we can have Roseanne without Roseanne. Just have Roseanne leave Dan and run away to join a kibbutz, see what Ashton Kutcher is doing, cast him as Dan's new gay lover or nephew or business protogee and go from there. Everybody's happy except Roseanne which is too bad for she.