[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations wardrobe after eddie-better or worst?

Calling all my temptaholics on this one,which may have never been discussed previously..as anyone who's a longtime temps fan knows that the great eddie kendricks who was one of the best dressed singers of all time was in charge of the temps wardrobe for performances and nobody outdressed them,now although they still look good today but in my humble opinion they lost something in that aspect when eddie left those many years ago,let me hear from you all on this.

Here is something I’m curious about, when new members came in did they alter their old outfits for the new members or they just make a new one for that person or just ditched that set and made new outfits

Over time it got worse. They starting dressing like Elvis or the Osmonds. LOL! They got back on point by the time Ali Ollie Woodson joined them. They were in the sharper Tuxes by then.

Worse.

Eddie was definitely the reason they became fashion icons. Eddie KNEW his fashion, honey...

I think it’s just a matter of it being a sign of the times. The 70s in particular were horrible as far as fashions. All the male groups dressed tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I think it’s just a matter of it being a sign of the times. The 70s in particular were horrible as far as fashions. All the male groups dressed tacky.
    I respectfully beg to differ, khansperac—Blue Magic were ALWAYS clean.😁

I'd never really thought about this before... interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I respectfully beg to differ, khansperac—Blue Magic were ALWAYS clean.��
    Blue Magic stood out lol

But the '70s were really about glam and being outrageous so anyone wearing a suit looked ridiculous lmao

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Blue Magic stood out lol

But the '70s were really about glam and being outrageous so anyone wearing a suit looked ridiculous lmao
    I once wore a sky blue, crush velvet tuxedo in 1974! With the shirt with the big ruffles down the front. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I agree. Once the 70’s came anything went.

Blue magic were bamas compared to the temps,anyhow look at them at the beginning of the seventies before eddie left and look at them later.

HAHAHA

Well the Temptations were already icons by the time Blue Magic came around.