[REMOVE ADS]

High Definition Music - Motown and Others

Here's a link to a seller of HD download music; I'm not a techie so all this escapes me but I thought some of us would like to know. It was recommended the blogger of 'On This Day In Judy Garland's Life And Career':

http://www.hdtracks.com/music/label/view/id/219/

Thanks Peace. I have purchased a ton of High resolution downloads from HD Tracks in the past. There is more Motown stuff there from the Temptations and others. I was just debating on getting the Psychedelic Shack album. I only know one person, personally who is into hi rez music.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Thanks Peace. I have purchased a ton of High resolution downloads from HD Tracks in the past. There is more Motown stuff there from the Temptations and others. I was just debating on getting the Psychedelic Shack album. I only know one person, personally who is into hi rez music.
    Now here's the $24.95 question. Can the average listener [[me) with an average system [[me) hear a difference?

alanbill1074 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Now here's the $24.95 question. Can the average listener [[me) with an average system [[me) hear a difference?
    Probably not. The difference is usually in the amount of 'air' and 'space' in the recording. On a good system it sounds like you're listening to your favourites with the lid off when it's a good recording, of which I'd class a lot of Motown stuff. On others, like early Roxy Music say, you're better off with a good remaster than a flat transfer 24 bit file because the quality of the recording wasn't great to begin with.

I wish SACDs were still being made on a large scale still.

Alright! This stuff is what i'm interested in! So far, I have two Commodores, several Rick James, and Stevie Wonder albums in high-rez.

alanbill1074 Guest
    I have Nightshift and 13 hi res from The Commodores, and a bunch of Diana Ross/Supremes ones too. SACD wise I've got Marvin and Stevie, although I've a lot of non Motown SACDs.

The downloads are expensive but it's like owning a copy of the master so I think they're worth it for albums I like, since I have the gear to appreciate them on.

Good info from all. Wish I could hear on my lowly system before p urchasing. Unless one of these is the only way to obtain a title, I'll pass. BUT remain happy that this is being done for those who appreciate the difference in sound.