[REMOVE ADS]

The tears-a supremes doo-wop classic?

Yes i know it wasn't released but this little gem with mary on lead is just cool,written by smokey in[1961]when there were still four members,for my ears this one is as good for the time period as anything the mighty sherelles were doing with a young diana ross voice souring at the end,a rare motown gem.

Let me find that for everyone........Ahh, here they are from 1961 Mary, Florence, Diane and Barbara, The Supremes!

Mary blows it out on this - sensational!

I like their doo-wop stuff. I loved their version of [[You Can) Depend on Me for example.

It is a great cut and a great example of the quality vocalist that Mary was even at that young age.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I like their doo-wop stuff. I loved their version of [[You Can) Depend on Me for example.
    Absolutely agree. Another doo wop Supremes cut I love is "Heavenly Father". And I love "Never Again" too.

I always thought it would be a treat if Mary did a medley of her first album contributions. "Baby Don't Go," "After All," and "The Tears" really add a different depth to her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by loganjlr View Post
    I always thought it would be a treat if Mary did a medley of her first album contributions. "Baby Don't Go," "After All," and "The Tears" really add a different depth to her voice.
    Well only one of those made the first album. The others didn't see release for years. But I agree that it would be nice if she added them to her show somehow, along with her 70s leads. She is in great voice today and it would interesting to hear what she does with the songs.

Why doesn't ANYONE request "The Tears" for Mary during her concerts? I wonder if she even remembers it!