[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross on Merv Griffin

Theres a dvd for sale on ebay of Diana on Merv griffin it says theres an interview and she performs Reach Out and Aint No Moutain the thing is the photo looks like circa 1980..does anyone remember her singing these songs around this time or is the picture wrong and this is a 1970 apperance any details about her apperances on Merv would be greatly appreciated cheers

She did indeed appear on Merv Griffin in 1970. It was her only television appearance that year.

REACH OUT was done as she did it in concert, going into the audience,etc., and AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH was performed in full. During the interview segment, Michael Jackson is pointed out in the audience.

miss_lish Guest
    I need to see this; how many copies are available? ;o)

I remember that appearance. Merv told the audience that it is unusual for her to do a show like this [[meaning she had
    crossed into superstar territory). She wore a red gown and said she had just recently quit smoking. It was definitely
    in 1970.

Nomis:

The photo in the ebay ad is of Diana and Johnny Carson, from her 1983 appearance on his show. It is one of the other clips on the dvds being offered.
    Last edited by reese; 02-09-2011 at 04:29 PM.

thanks Reese so it is i only glanced at the photo in my excitment of finding a Merv Griffin show for sale..I also found a "74 studio ticket for Merv Griffin signed by Diana on Ebay so she was on the show that year to..I wonder what she sang that time around ?

Where is it boys....is it worth buying?

I'm not familiar with a 1974 appearance. She didn't appear much on US tv during the 70s, unless she was promoting a film or doing a rare hosting gig like THE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL or THE TONIGHT SHOW.

Maybe she performed LAST TIME I SAW HIM. That was her only solo hit that year.

Diana taped the Merv Griffin Show Jan 21st 1974..not sure of the air date probably a few days later..