[REMOVE ADS]

Best of The Supremes on Ed Sullivan

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/880...r=release_date

Wonder why this is being released again as it's readily available on
    amazon?

Hmmm...could it be revised to include other great moments? If so, I'd snap it up.

The MOTOWN GOLD series are still incomplete. It didn't have EVERY standard the Supremes did. Or THE TEMPTATIONS I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME/ CLOUD NINE and a number of others.

There was a press release issued by Sofa Entertainment, which owns the Ed Sullivan footage...apparently it is being reissued in an 'upgraded HD format'. It is the same tracklisting as the previous DVD.

Here is the press release. It mentions 22 performances, which is misleading since they are counting each of the songs in DMC's 1970 hits medley as a performance. I would also love to see a dvd of their complete Sullivan performances someday, but from past email exchanges with Andrew Solt [[CEO of Sofa), he believes that such a DVD would not be a viable product. He believes no one is interested in the 'show tunes' numbers, which would also require additional clearances for the songs themselves.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300625506.html

They keep saying people aren't interested in show tunes. We want the COMPLETE shows. They need to quit trying to read our minds. They're not good at it. Give us COMPLETE SHOWS.

Are we gonna even going to be able to tell the difference between these releases and the first ones?

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    I could listen to the Ed Sullivan version of Can't Hurry Love over and over and over. It's an amazing performance where all three girls are shining and singing their hearts out and having fun: hell as soon as I saw it and saw Mary swaying and tapping her jingle frisbee against her leg and my baby Florence smacking hers against her bootiful hips, I was like: I gotta get me one of these.

I ended up buying two and they are my favourite toys atm. I love listening to my fave cds and vinyls and pretending I'm Flo or Mary working my jingle frisbees and experimenting what sounds I can make with them, by applying different levels of force or hitting different body parts with them, or how I hit it with my hands: and since I have two I can work up a good beat with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Coppelia-Birdsong View Post
    I could listen to the Ed Sullivan version of Can't Hurry Love over and over and over. It's an amazing performance where all three girls are shining and singing their hearts out and having fun: hell as soon as I saw it and saw Mary swaying and tapping her jingle frisbee against her leg and my baby Florence smacking hers against her bootiful hips, I was like: I gotta get me one of these.

I ended up buying two and they are my favourite toys atm. I love listening to my fave cds and vinyls and pretending I'm Flo or Mary working my jingle frisbees and experimenting what sounds I can make with them, by applying different levels of force or hitting different body parts with them, or how I hit it with my hands: and since I have two I can work up a good beat with them!
    Love when one of Diana's earrings fall off and she smoothly catches. Probably unnoticeable to the audience.

Ha! Thanks for supplying this great visual !

agree! not only is this an excellent Sullivan performance but it's my fav Sup song of all time. could listen again and again.

my only slight complaint with the Sullivan clip is they didn't do a group shot as they lead into the chorus. As M and F sing their ooooo background parts, they hit the tambourines on their hips. but when they cut the ooos and Diana is singing "these precious words, keep me hanging on, I remember Mama said" M and F switch to hitting the tambourines on their palms. really builds up the excitement towards the chorus and visually, would have been great to see

YCHL is my fav, since it's my fav supremes song of all time

but I have to acknowledge their amazing Fats Waller medley. it's not on the dvd but can be found on youtube [[I know cuz I uploaded my version of it lolol). Of all their special material performances, this was the most perfect. I suspect they're lip syncing but that's ok. harmonies are rich and full. they sound amazing. and their choreography is spot on. I purposely left Ed's comments in during the applause, just to reinforce They Are Great! lol

the Millie/Rose/Mame clip is also a fav. again, not on the dvd but I put up on youtube. I think it's the best special material performance of DMF but Flo is a bit sloppy with her choreography. the More performance is another good one