[REMOVE ADS]

Freddy Cole's New LP 'My Mood Is You'

Officially streaming on YouTube - Cole ALWAYS makes a great LP -

Hey PNH, I'm not familiar with Freddy at all really. Would you say he is more jazz or more soul? Or perhaps an equal combination of both?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey PNH, I'm not familiar with Freddy at all really. Would you say he is more jazz or more soul? Or perhaps an equal combination of both?
    Hey, Tom, I’m not PNH, but Freddy is decidedly a jazz legend. He’s also the brother of Nat and uncle of Natalie.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Hey, Tom, I’m not PNH, but Freddy is decidedly a jazz legend. He’s also the brother of Nat and uncle of Natalie.
    Thanks sans. I looked him up and couldn't quite decide. I might check out some of his earlier albums.

Hi there, Tom and Sans - always happy to read posts and opinions by the both of you. Freddie is indeed a jazz singer and pianist as well as younger brother of Nat King. Freddie has created his own career for decades now and is a great singer with impeccable taste in material and instrumentation. I love Freddie's lp's - he is, indeed, JAZZ!

^Yep. And in the words of the old song, “Jazz ain’t nothin’ but soul”!

Tom, I know you have an aversion to jazz, but I’d be willing to wager that you’d really dig some of it, like Miles Davis’ late-60s-early-70s funk explorations.😎
    Last edited by sansradio; 05-31-2018 at 08:31 PM.

LOL, I think that's exactly what I have sans

I checked out Freddy's 70s albums and liked them, especially One More Love Song, so that's good.

Now I have checked out Miles Davis before but I'm an all-or-nothing kinda guy, and I'm not sure I can quite get into a, ahem, 46-minute song about Gondwana, for example. Some of that stuff is waaaaay too trippy for me.

I have gone as far as Ramsey Lewis, whose 70s albums I have and quite like!!!! "aversion to jazz"... pff... what nonsense!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    LOL, I think that's exactly what I have sans

I checked out Freddy's 70s albums and liked them, especially One More Love Song, so that's good.

Now I have checked out Miles Davis before but I'm an all-or-nothing kinda guy, and I'm not sure I can quite get into a, ahem, 46-minute song about Gondwana, for example. Some of that stuff is waaaaay too trippy for me.

I have gone as far as Ramsey Lewis, whose 70s albums I have and quite like!!!! "aversion to jazz"... pff... what nonsense!!!
    Cool! There’s hope for you yet!!!😆

Is he still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Is he still alive?
    Absolutely.