[REMOVE ADS]

So When Does Brenda Holloway Arrive In The Uk? Does She Need A Taxi From The Airport?

Can anyone share any information?

Do you need my mobile number?

So is any UK forum members attending this Brenda Holloway concert ??

I'm going along with 3 friends. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I'm going along with 3 friends. Can't wait!
    I can't wait for this too

Anyone knows what time she is on stage in London tonight

7.30 it said and over by 10.30 pm just getting ready to leave for train to big city now !!! Any one know if there is a support act. I read DJ 's

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    7.30 it said and over by 10.30 pm just getting ready to leave for train to big city now !!! Any one know if there is a support act. I read DJ 's

Thanks for letting me know

Hope those who attended enjoyed The band were tight and Brenda looked and sounded good even tho a little unprepared and under rehearsed her set was an hour long including every little bit hurts, reconsider, just look what you've done, crying time, when I'm gone, operator finishing up with you've made me so very happy, she began an encore of the Marvelettes I'll keep on holding on at this time I had to leave to catch my train. So if there was any more can you let us know

Bad timing by me. Brenda in my home time and I'm half way across the world! Glad that she charmed the London audience. She did I'll Keep On Holding On at the same venue with the Velvelettes a while back. Should still be on Youtube

Brenda Holloway, London appearance

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Hope those who attended enjoyed The band were tight and Brenda looked and sounded good even tho a little unprepared and under rehearsed her set was an hour long including every little bit hurts, reconsider, just look what you've done, crying time, when I'm gone, operator finishing up with you've made me so very happy, she began an encore of the Marvelettes I'll keep on holding on at this time I had to leave to catch my train. So if there was any more can you let us know
    Very enjoyable show last night even if Brenda was a little under rehearsed. I'll Keep Holdin' On was the closing number. Hopefully she'll be bit more prepared for the Margate show tonight.

She did seem a little under prepared - but you can forgive Brenda Holloway anything. Her voice was in fine form, and she graciously met fans after the show for hugs, chats and signings. I got her latest cd collection 'Spellbound' signed.
    Name:  IMAG0846.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  90.7 KB

And in full flight!
    Name:  IMAG0836.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  91.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    And in full flight!
    Name:  IMAG0836.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  91.6 KB

Here is what I managed to get on my iphone. Not got time to edit it and there are some bad bit

But what a great Motown night for us fans

https://youtu.be/T79Qo0_7WmE

Brenda was in fine voice. But the sound balance was very poor: the electric instruments were way too high. The bass guitar was so loud it was distorting at times. Those poor horn players were inaudible until they took their solos in the closing number, they might as well not have been there until that point. A shame, as the band were all obviously very competent. Same goes for the blonde bombshells, they looked great but I wish I could have heard them ...

Brenda proudly announced "You've made me so very happy" as "MY SONG! - I wrote it with my sister Patrice and Frank Wilson". Those of us who've ruined their eyesight by studying the small print on record labels for the last 50 years may vaguely recollect there was once a fourth writer in that list...

"Reconsider" was the best song of the night, for me, especially the second performance where she used the spectacles she'd borrowed from someone in the audience to read the lyrics from the sheet! But I'm not complaining - she could have sung it half a dozen times as far as I'm concerned. Neat arrangement on the outro - the keyboard player's work, I'd guess. He seemed to be the Man In Charge on stage.

"Who'd want to see an old lady like me?", our heroine asked, when she lowered her music stand so the people near the front could see her face. I would, Brenda - come again soon! But please have a sound-check man front of house next time.
    Last edited by keith_hughes; 05-25-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    Brenda was in fine voice. But the sound balance was very poor: the electric instruments were way too high. The bass guitar was so loud it was distorting at times. Those poor horn players were inaudible until they took their solos in the closing number, they might as well not have been there until that point. A shame, as the band were all obviously very competent. Same goes for the blonde bombshells, they looked great but I wish I could have heard them ...

Brenda proudly announced "You've made me so very happy" as "MY SONG! - I wrote it with my sister Patrice and Frank Wilson". Those of us who've ruined their eyesight by studying the small print on record labels for the last 50 years may vaguely recollect there was once a fourth writer in that list...

"Reconsider" was the best song of the night, for me, especially the second performance where she used the spectacles she'd borrowed from someone in the audience to read the lyrics from the sheet! But I'm not complaining - she could have sung it half a dozen times as far as I'm concerned. Neat arrangement on the outro - the keyboard player's work, I'd guess. He seemed to be the Man In Charge on stage.

"Who'd want to see an old lady like me?", our heroine asked, when she lowered her music stand so the people near the front could see her face. I would, Brenda - come again soon! But please have a sound-check man front of house next time.
    The fourth writer did not really write any thing on it. The name was just added on to the song. $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    The fourth writer did not really write any thing on it. The name was just added on to the song. $$$$
    It was me who loaned her my glasses, I could see that she was struggling and getting a bit confused. They were only a cheap pair from the £1 shop, she did actually give them me back towards the end of the show.

Then I was the very 1st in the queue at her signing session. She had misplaced her specs again so I gave them to her again. She was thrilled to meet her fans again. What a real treasure she is and very brave at her age to be making the long journey to the UK

I spoke to you Kieth on the night [[I'm Stephen [[Steve) Daws by the way)

Sorry I missed Brenda when she was in my home town. But I'm pleased that folk were able to get to see meet and talk with her...and get their cd's signed.

Did Brenda say anything to you guys about the CD? Hopefully, they were nice things!

Great footage on Youtube.

@keith_hughes, that's because there really wasn't a fourth writer. We all know WHY that "fourth writer" was added lmao

But anyway, nice to see Brenda still tearing up the stage after 50 years.