[REMOVE ADS]

Theo Peoples' Four Tops Motown Tribute?

Ok, now I'm confused. Here is Theo Peoples with a new group called "The Four Tops Motown Tribute" and he's singing a Temptations song "Papa Was a Rolling Stone". Didn't someone recently post here that the he had joined Dennis Edwards' "Temptations Revue" group recently?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Ok, now I'm confused. Here is Theo Peoples with a new group called "The Four Tops Motown Tribute" and he's singing a Temptations song "Papa Was a Rolling Stone". Didn't someone recently post here that the he had joined Dennis Edwards' "Temptations Revue" group recently?

That's what I was thinking. Too many tribute groups. Thought he joined The Temptations Review.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Too many tribute groups. Thought he joined The Temptations Review.
    Agreed! I like Theo, met him once. He's talented enough to go out as a solo. I wonder if he's tried.

This link says that the act was billed as Theo Peoples and the Four Tops, but they sang Temps and Tops songs. Is this a renamed Dennis Edwards and the Temptations Revue? I read that he recently joined the Revue and I doubt that he would be in two groups.

Theo Peoples, the only man to sing lead with the Temptations and the Four Tops, captured Motown magic in all its soulful and funky glory. The show was billed as Theo Peoples and the Four Tops, but it was so much more than that for a generation that came of age with Motown.

Theo Peoples, the only man to sing lead with the Temptations and the Four Tops, makes a point during his show at Savannah Center on Wednesday.
    This night was about honoring the memories of such late Motown pioneers as Levi Stubbs of the Four Tops, along with the Temptations’ David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks, Paul Williams, Melvin Franklin and Dennis Edwards.

There were plenty of standards, including “[[Reach Out) I’ll Be There,” “I Can’t Help Myself,” “My Girl” and “Just My Imagination.” But one song touched the heart, as well as the soul.

It was “A Song For You,” a bittersweet, mournful number from 1975 with Dennis Edwards on lead. “We just lost Dennis, this year,” Peoples said. “We dedicate this song to him and all the rest of the performers who made Motown. Without them, we would not be here tonight.”

I remember when Dennis Edwards played The Villages three years ago. He offered similar thoughts about his late musical partners: “I’ll never forget them. I stand here tonight because of them.”

Motown memories can be sad, but the music is uplifting and powerful.

https://villages-news.com/theo-peopl...vannah-center/

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    This link says that the act was billed as Theo Peoples and the Four Tops, but they sang Temps and Tops songs. Is this a renamed Dennis Edwards and the Temptations Revue? I read that he recently joined the Revue and I doubt that he would be in two groups.

Theo Peoples, the only man to sing lead with the Temptations and the Four Tops, captured Motown magic in all its soulful and funky glory. The show was billed as Theo Peoples and the Four Tops, but it was so much more than that for a generation that came of age with Motown.

Theo Peoples, the only man to sing lead with the Temptations and the Four Tops, makes a point during his show at Savannah Center on Wednesday.
    This night was about honoring the memories of such late Motown pioneers as Levi Stubbs of the Four Tops, along with the Temptations’ David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks, Paul Williams, Melvin Franklin and Dennis Edwards.

There were plenty of standards, including “[[Reach Out) I’ll Be There,” “I Can’t Help Myself,” “My Girl” and “Just My Imagination.” But one song touched the heart, as well as the soul.

It was “A Song For You,” a bittersweet, mournful number from 1975 with Dennis Edwards on lead. “We just lost Dennis, this year,” Peoples said. “We dedicate this song to him and all the rest of the performers who made Motown. Without them, we would not be here tonight.”

I remember when Dennis Edwards played The Villages three years ago. He offered similar thoughts about his late musical partners: “I’ll never forget them. I stand here tonight because of them.”

Motown memories can be sad, but the music is uplifting and powerful.

https://villages-news.com/theo-peopl...vannah-center/
    No, this is not a renamed "Dennis Edwards' Temptations Revue". Long time member David Sea and newer, but fairly known member Paul Williams Jr. are not there.

Then you have this BS by Nate Evans who sang with the Impressions for a minute back in the 70s. He lies and bills himself as "Motown Royalty" when he never was with Motown. If you read this press at this link, he claims he took over when Dennis Edwards retired. Dennis never retired!

http://temptationstribute.com/

More Nate Evans press release:

As Dennis Edwards has retired, Nate Evans, with his Temptations Revue, is the ONLY RECOGNIZED ORIGINAL TEMPTATIONS member in the world, besides Otis Williams, who heads up a tribute group that exemplifies the integrity of the original Temptations music, dance moves, and style!

The Temptations started performing on bus tours called The Motor Town Revues that criss-crossed the country and drew scattered crowds. But those crowds became larger and larger until there was a legion of dedicated fans. The Temptations, working first with Smokey Robinson and then with others, scored hits like “My Girl,” The Way You Do The Things You Do,” “Get Ready,” and “Ain’t to Proud to Beg.”

He is clearly lying when he says that he is the only recognized Original member of the Temptations in the World besides Otis! Nate Evans was never even in the Temptations!

http://www.dukeenergycenterraleigh.c...ate-event-9060

This is the Facebook page for Dennis' group of which Paul Williams Jr. is a member:

https://www.facebook.com/Temptation-...-116200056936/

Glen Carl Leonard's Temptations group has been dissolved and he is now singing as a part of a trio.

Richard Street's Temptations group disbanded after Richard's death.

This whole scenario is just one hot mess!

Shantel itis is contagious. Next thing you know Freda will be touring as an original Supreme. I hope they all get shut down

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Shantel itis is contagious. Next thing you know Freda will be touring as an original Supreme. I hope they all get shut down
    "Shantel itis"? LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    This whole scenario is just one hot mess!
    A huge mess. It cheapens the Temptations legacy in my opinion.