[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne Drifters backgrounds?

Hi friends - anyone know for sure what songs Dionne, her sister and cousin may have sang on - other than "Mexican Divorce" with the Drifters?

The notes in the Drifters' ROCKIN' & DRIFTIN' boxed set also lists Dionne and family singing on LONELINESS OR HAPPINESS, LET THE MUSIC PLAY, ON BROADWAY, IN THE LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE, ONE WAY LOVE, and VAYA CON DIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The notes in the Drifters' ROCKIN' & DRIFTIN' boxed set also lists Dionne and family singing on LONELINESS OR HAPPINESS, LET THE MUSIC PLAY, ON BROADWAY, IN THE LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE, ONE WAY LOVE, and VAYA CON DIOS.
    Thanks Reese - appreciate the quick info - t

Hey tjl,you do know that dionne wasn't the only great talent to play on a drifters session,phil spector laid down a cool guitar riff on[on broadway].

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hey tjl,you do know that dionne wasn't the only great talent to play on a drifters session,phil spector laid down a cool guitar riff on[on broadway].
    I did not know that. Verrrry in-ter-est-ing [[in my best Arte Johnson voice)!😆

well....I can't keep it a secret from SDF friends.....https://www.facebook.com/tj.lubinsky...0906953166209/

TJ, can you send me a link to your radio station again? I lost it. Thanks Marv

woldradio.com - live requests every Friday night )8pm-12am et) from doo wop to Philly Soul, Motown....and Motown, and some pop stuff too! Something for everyone we keep it rotating all night and I love playin' b-sides and album cuts and anything really from the 40s to the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    woldradio.com - live requests every Friday night )8pm-12am et) from doo wop to Philly Soul, Motown....and Motown, and some pop stuff too! Something for everyone we keep it rotating all night and I love playin' b-sides and album cuts and anything really from the 40s to the 80s.

Thanks TJ!

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    well....I can't keep it a secret from SDF friends.....https://www.facebook.com/tj.lubinsky...0906953166209/
    I will be looking forward to seeing this one! You produce the best music specials TJ!

With the Bacharach connection going on and since Burt featured Cissy Houston on his own albums on songs like "One Less Bell" you would think that he could have perhaps used some of the same background singers that Dionne used. Check out Burt's version of "Mexican Divorce" and "All Kinds of People" also. I've been curious about who sang on his albums for years. Back ground singers seem to get left out as far as getting credit. I wonder why?

some info on the Bacharach boxset:
    All Kinds Of People-Cissy Houston[[CH)
    I come To you-CH & Tony Middleton
    I Took My Strenght From You- Joshie Armstead[[JA)
    Us-JA
    Where Are You?-JA
    We Should Have Met Sooner-Jamie Anders[[JAn)
    No One Remembers My Name-Melissa McKay,Sally Stevens & Marti McCall
    Seconds-JA