[REMOVE ADS]

Rueben studdard records luther tribute album

The American Idol alum has recorded an album "Reuben Sings Luther" paying homage to the late great Luther Vandross. Remakes of "A House Is Not A Home", "So Amazing", "Never Too Much" and many others are featured. Here's a duet with Lalah Hathaway "If This World were Mine". Your thoughts!!! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...dm_ws_sp_ps_dp
    Last edited by glencro; 05-14-2018 at 02:10 AM.

No one can ever beat Luther! but I do like Rueben and managed to get a copy of the CD from Germany, he does not let Luther down.

I wish Ruben would stop riding Luther’s jock. There will never be another.

Personally if I want to hear Luther I will listen to Luther. There's nothing really original about this concept but reviews have been favorable.

Many artists have covered others songs, it is nothing new! & it will always happen.

The album is on Spotify already a few months.
    I really like Ruben. His last album Unconditional Love was very good: it features collaborations with Stevie Wonder, Lalah Hathaway, and Eric Benet, and includes covers of songs originally performed by artists such as Paul McCartney, Donny Hathaway, Bonnie Raitt, Marvin Gaye, and Peabo Bryson.
    This one is ok, but the originals can not be beaten.

Can Reuben ever not over-sing a song? His version of soul is to have the voice DRIPPING in pain and suffering to the point that you wonder if he has a stomach ache or heart ache. I could not listen to the entire song.

Ya'll have valid points! Here's mine: uhmmm... didn't Rueben get on Idol and come in 2nd place because he copped Luther's style?

Come on , Rueben. Cameo said, "Be Yourself"! You've tried just about every genre, but rock and country!!