[REMOVE ADS]

Exposed: The Multi-Track Sessions Mixed By Steve Levine Millie Jackson

Millie Jackson has never had the full recognition she deserves as one of the great soul voices of the 70s as her theatrical rap material became her signature sound. With Exposed, Ace go a long way to rectifying that with a dozen remixes by producer/engineer Steve Levine. Steve has piloted hits for a very wide range of artists from Culture Club's huge chart successes to the Beach Boys and Motörhead, having collected a Grammy along the way for his work with Deniece Williams. He has also produced the long-running radio programme, The Record Producers, in which he has worked with such greats as Holland, Dozier & Holland, Nile Rodgers, Brian Wilson and the late Sir George Martin. A huge fan of Millie's work, Steve s background makes him the ideal man to bring these fantastic tracks into the 21st century. These remixes stay true to the original recordings and the great musicians who played on them. No extra beats have been added, everything you hear was played on the original versions. Some have been extended to accentuate the grooves and all have been opened out using modern technology to better hear the quality of the playing and recording. Millie is loud and clear in the mix, exposing that great soul voice to maximum effect.
    Tracklist
    1. I Cry
    2. If Loving You Is Wrong [[I Don't Want To Be Right)
    3. It Hurts So Good
    4. Sweet Music, Soft Lights And You
    5. Kiss You All Over
    6. Go Out And Get Some
    7. Bad Risk
    8. Help Yourself
    9. A House For Sale
    10. I'll Continue To Love You
    11. My Man, A Sweet Man
    12. Never Change Lovers In The Middle Of The Night

Released on june 29, 2018

Will be great to hear. I do love Millie's singing.

I love Millie Jackson's singing, too.
    I have all of her Spring CDs up through and including her post-Spring Jive recordings. I've always loved Millie's back-up singers -- Brandye -- as well. Raeford Gerald produced some high quality tracks on Millie over the years which still get to me -- especially her ballads. Of course, her 'naughty' banter is still a hoot!

Her Caught Up and Still Caught Up albums are classics. I saw her live in Amsterdam beginning of the 80's

I remember when I first heard her cover of Bobby Goldsboro's "Summer [[the first time) ... totally blew me away

I Cry 2018: beautiful new version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT1JqEYxiwA

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    I Cry 2018: beautiful new version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT1JqEYxiwA
    Jack, did you like those remixes? Maybe I'm just old and stuck in my ways, but I much prefer the original versions.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Her Caught Up and Still Caught Up albums are classics. I saw her live in Amsterdam beginning of the 80's
    Definitely two of her best, Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    I remember when I first heard her cover of Bobby Goldsboro's "Summer [[the first time) ... totally blew me away
    Yeah, the music and Millie's emotional performance had the same impact on me, Alex! "I saw the sunrise... I became a WOMAN!" Who else but Millie!

Remixes always make me wary because you can never recreate the exact sound of the original mix no matter how hard you try. You can get mighty close, but if it isn't a technicality, the producer just can't resist putting their own little sonic signature on it. The second Steve Levine stated that he "enhanced" things, and used parts from outtakes and such, I stopped listening. Producers just can't resist changing stuff. It must be ego.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Remixes always make me wary because you can never recreate the exact sound of the original mix no matter how hard you try. You can get mighty close, but if it isn't a technicality, the producer just can't resist putting their own little sonic signature on it. The second Steve Levine stated that he "enhanced" things, and used parts from outtakes and such, I stopped listening. Producers just can't resist changing stuff. It must be ego.
    Did you listen to any of the 30-second samples of the new mixes on Amazon, Soulster? I did and I didn't care for them at all. I wrote a review here about three of the tracks in particular, but I see they've been deleted. I guess I must have inadvertently ruffled some feathers when I was merely offering my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Did you listen to any of the 30-second samples of the new mixes on Amazon, Soulster? I did and I didn't care for them at all. I wrote a review here about three of the tracks in particular, but I see they've been deleted. I guess I must have inadvertently ruffled some feathers when I was merely offering my opinion.
    They will never replace the glorious original versions, but i do like this album. It is classy and respectful - a bit like Millie really!!!
    You are entitled to your opinion of course, and i would never attempt to change that opinion. It was wrong that your review was deleted. Who would have had the authority to do that? We should all be able to express our opinions so long as they remain respectful.

Bluebrock, as it turns out, there are two threads running simultaneously for Millie's new "Exposed" remix CD. My review for 3 of the tracks is in the other thread. As luck would have it, I discovered it AFTER I posted that it had been deleted. My error. Embarrassing, but no harm done. Thank you for your support just the same. I appreciate it!

He Gary,

i Listened to my download of the album several times and liked the sound of it.
    What I like is that Steve did not change too much but only subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Bluebrock, as it turns out, there are two threads running simultaneously for Millie's new "Exposed" remix CD. My review for 3 of the tracks is in the other thread. As luck would have it, I discovered it AFTER I posted that it had been deleted. My error. Embarrassing, but no harm done. Thank you for your support just the same. I appreciate it!
    Glad we got that one cleared up!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Remixes always make me wary because you can never recreate the exact sound of the original mix no matter how hard you try. Producers just can't resist changing stuff. It must be ego.
    This is what remixes are about Soulster but I agree with you.

By the way I listened to large excerpts on Juno's site and I'm not convinced of the necessity/utility of such a work. https://www.juno.co.uk/products/mill...ons/688995-01/

Of course it's very listenable, but to me not better than the originals. This remix fashion just shows one thing : today's music is so poor that people prefer to "arrange" old material. At least the songs are great !

Personnally I don't buy this, I prefer to stand by my old albums. And you can call me old fashioned. LOL !
    Last edited by phil; 07-24-2018 at 08:33 AM.