[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    supreme_lady Guest

Diana Ross will be on Oprah 25th Feb. 2011.

This information was posted on a Diana Ross message board this morning, so
    I googled Diana on OPRAH and this came up, stroll down to see until you get to THE VIEW CO-HOST OPRAH on Friday live headline, I am really curious to know why Diana is going on Oprah, hmmmmmmm.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/index

topdiva1 Guest
    Thanks for the heads up. Surely Oprah will be in her full Ross glory.

But will she ask any HARD questions of the icon. Do not bet on it. Still this will be a feeding frenzy for those who care.

Like me!!!

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Friday, February 25: The legendary Diana Ross comes to The Oprah Show stage for a rare interview and performance."

http://www.oprah.com/pressroom/One-T...h-Winfrey-Show

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supreme_lady View Post
    This information was posted on a Diana Ross message board this morning, so
    I googled Diana on OPRAH and this came up, stroll down to see until you get to THE VIEW CO-HOST OPRAH on Friday live headline, I am really curious to know why Diana is going on Oprah, hmmmmmmm.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/index

LOVE IT!! It's been a while since Miss Ross has had a lengthy interview. Certainly she will discuss being a grandmother. Evan's CD drops in June, and there will be a duet on it. Perhaps she has a new CD to promote, and yet another leg of her tour commences on the February 28 in Austin, Texas, so she will certainly be promoting that and possibly European and other legs of the tour? This is Oprah's final season, and she has been doing shows that reflect that. Nice to see that Miss Ross will be included.

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Surely Oprah will be in her full Ross glory.

But will she ask any HARD questions of the icon. Do not bet on it. Still this will be a feeding frenzy for those who care.

Like me!!!

What hard questions would you like answers to, Tony?

I wonder if Mary and Cindy will be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post

I would love Florence's daughters along with Mary Wilson and Jean Terrell to be on Oprah with Diana.

is this appearance after she's been to the shops or before?
    when can we expect more pics of her shopping,they are so interesting!

I'm sure it is a "come as you are, no make up" appearance.

olamaebarto Guest
    Well I've been told that Mary will be in the UK at the time. Interesting how this was scheduled at a time with Mary Wilson will not be in the US.

It's well known that Oprah is a Rosser. She promoted RTL in 2000 by having Ross on with Lynda and Scherrie. So maybe this shouldn't be a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by olamaebarto View Post
    Well I've been told that Mary will be in the UK at the time. Interesting how this was scheduled at a time with Mary Wilson will not be in the US.

It's well known that Oprah is a Rosser. She promoted RTL in 2000 by having Ross on with Lynda and Scherrie. So maybe this shouldn't be a shock.
    Actually Mary will be back in the US when this is filmed. The airdate is February 25th; however episodes are taped one to two weeks in advance. Mary doesn't kick off her UK tour until the 26th so the window of time in the US is the same as the taping.

I would like to see something happen, but I'm not holding my breath. It will be great to see Diana on Oprah though. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post

Actually Mary will be back in the US when this is filmed. The airdate is February 25th; however episodes are taped one to two weeks in advance. Mary doesn't kick off her UK tour until the 26th so the window of time in the US is the same as the taping.

I would like to see something happen, but I'm not holding my breath. It will be great to see Diana on Oprah though. I'm looking forward to it.

So maybe Mary and Jean and Florence's daughters can be on Oprah with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I'm sure it is a "come as you are, no make up" appearance.
    LOL!! I know I won't be watching it with my wig, teeth, or chin in place. Got to put potato chips on the shopping list, tho.....

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I would love Florence's daughters along with Mary Wilson and Jean Terrell to be on Oprah with Diana.
    How about Scherrie, Susaye, Lynda, and Barbara Martin as well?

miss_lish Guest
    Eso's thoughts on the tough questions:

Timmy Lopez-Fitzgerald <timmy_lopez_fitzgerald@msn.com>
    View Contact
    To: RosSORESwhichneverheal@yahoogroups.com
    I have a feeling that if the topic of Gladys Horton does not come up on Wedneday, February 27th on Oprah with Diana we can pretty much assume it is a verboten topic that Oprah had to agree NOT to ask Diana about considering the vehicular manslaughter allegations.

Eso

What vehicular manslaughter violations?

To be honest I'll watch Oprah again if Aretha is willing to be on there since it's Oprah's last season and all. That said I will watch. It's been 18 years since she was last on there. After 1994 "Oprah" started to become irrelevant to me.

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post

View Contact
    I have a feeling that if the topic of Gladys Horton does not come up on Wedneday, February 27th on Oprah with Diana we can pretty much assume it is a verboten topic that Oprah had to agree NOT to ask Diana about considering the vehicular manslaughter allegations.

Eso

Talk about the ravings of a madwoman!

olamaebarto Guest
    What hard questions would you like answers to, Tony?
    I think mona2400 would like to know as well.

All I will say is there is a potential Nobel Peace Prize in this for Oprah!

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    How about Scherrie, Susaye, Lynda, and Barbara Martin as well?
    That's too many people. All we need on Oprah with Diana Ross are Mary Wilson, Jean Terrill, Cindy Birdsong to sing the Lords Prayer and Florence Ballard's kids.

You may get Rhonda or Chudney in the audience but no former Supremes will be there.

All I will say is there is a potential Nobel Peace Prize in this for Oprah!
    For what? This is just an interview with someone she's admired since she was 10.

Don't forget that Diana is now a grandmother, so maybe she'll be talking about her grandson. She'll be performing, so maybe she'll perform the song she wrote for him. That would be cool.

^ Exactly! This will be the first time since she'll talk about something new happening in her life, I'm sure Oprah will mention that.

topdiva1 Guest
    ALREADY TAPED - or so I was told.

Can we get Eso to come on SD? Then all the nuts that got listed in Diana's Dogs will be together in one place.

He is the funniest man, Rossnation and all; he what all the Rossers think; lives with his Dad apparently; wonder if there's a job besides covering Rossnation.

topdiva1 Guest
    ^ now you know better hahahahaha

why on earth would Jean be there ? she never really knew Diana or ever worked with her !! hopefully it will cover MJs will,Arnes death,DIU case,Return To Love,Her skills as a mother and her all round presence as a music goddess..

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    ALREADY TAPED - or so I was told.
    Well most shows get taped in advance.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Well most shows get taped in advance.

Yes they do - thanks. ^

it has to be taped in advance as Diana is performing at the Golden Moon casinio Mississipi on that date

supreme_lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    it has to be taped in advance as Diana is performing at the Golden Moon casinio Mississipi on that date
    I am so excited about this, I have been wanting to see Miss Ross again on the Oprah show [[I know how much she admires her), I was starting to get worried that it ain't never going to happen again since this is Oprah's last season.
    Should have known all along that Miss Ross will schedule herself into the show somehow, can't wait.

I'm so excited!

honest man Guest
    Supreme lady Diana , where can we view in the UK, ADVISE pretty pretty please and all that, cheers.

supreme_lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Supreme lady Diana , where can we view in the UK, ADVISE pretty pretty please and all that, cheers.
    I was planning to watch it on YOUTUBE, as you can bet it will be on the YOUTUBE site on the same day or the following day it was aired.
    And I wonder whether it will be on any of the CABLE or SKY channels, but for the UK though, it probably wouldn't be aired until next month or something.

Also on the OWN network they have a new show that is basically the "Oprah Show season 25" behind the scenes. Not sure if Diana's show will be included, but its something else to look forward to. I've caught that show a couple of times and it is a good show.

miss_lish Guest

View Contact

Eso

It finally clicked; Eso is alluding to the blind boy automobile incident between Miss Ross and Gladys on the Motortown Review tour. LOL! Pretty funny actually.

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by olamaebarto View Post
    I think mona2400 would like to know as well.

Who is mona2400? Another 20-something college student and Tony Turner fan?

It finally clicked; Eso is alluding to the blind boy automobile incident between Miss Ross and Gladys on the Motortown Review tour. LOL! Pretty funny actually.
    Would Miss Lish care to explain what happened please?

Has Mary Wilson every appeared on Oprah?

^ Not that I know of.

Hmm...interesting. I thought that was the case and I find that hard to understand.

Oprah was supposedly very affected by that first Supremes performance. So why avoid an original Supreme from such a vivid memory. It doesn't add up.

Is there history that I dont know about?

Rather ironic but Diana seems to have this lineup behind her [[or beside her) of Berry, Smokey, Michael [[had), Barbara W., Oprah, Rick James [[had), Beyonce, Cindy, Lynda, Scherrie. I wonder what that means.

Rob

I think it's more about who she don't!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Has Mary Wilson every appeared on Oprah?
    Mary Wilson, Cindy Birdsong, Jean Terrill and Florence Ballard's children should all be on Oprah with Diana Ross.

My ideal match would be to have Barbara Martin, Mary and Diana with their guitar player, Marv Tarplin. Now that would be the ultimate dream for me.

It'll be up to the man to make it happen! HAHA

It would be great to see the real,DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES,MARY WILSON AND CINDY BIRDSONG on OPRAH,For the last time.[[smile)
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    My ideal match would be to have Barbara Martin, Mary and Diana with their guitar player, Marv Tarplin. Now that would be the ultimate dream for me.

It'll be up to the man to make it happen! HAHA

That sounds like a very nice dream to have theboyfrommxtown.

Does Barbara Martin still sing? Last I heard she a Podiatrist in Wisconsin.