[REMOVE ADS]

Kanye West's Recent Comments

What do we think?

This guy is mental. How can he think that 400+ years of slavery was a choice. He definitely has the Kardashian curse. Poor fool!

I'm disgusted with Kayne's opinion about slavery and I certainly hope that it encourages his fans to Boycott his work.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    What do we think?
    I muted all his music a long time ago.

I was never a fan. I couldn't get past his ego and eccentric BS in order to appreciate his music. He already has racists quoting him on social media as proof that even black people agree with their ideology. Kanye and his Massa the Moron got me feeling more and more like Sergeant Waters from "A Soldier's Story".

^ Jerry, you better invoke Sgt. Waters!!!! One of my all-time favorite films.

Folks have been referencing this in response to 'Ye:

Clayton Bigsby. The original free thinker.

Kanye's music is outside of my interests and abilities to understand though I do understand that he is very well regarded and respected for his innovation. West strikes me as being a Bob Dylan for his generation and I think that's great. I wonder what he says for shock-value / publicity vs. what he really thinks, though, and certainly the slavery remarks cross a line. Any non-African American making such a statement would certainly be immediately dropped from their label/network etc. He lost credibility with me when he married into the Cash-trash-ian family. I honestly feel for the fans to whom he has been an important symbol and recording/performing artist.

He's a joke.

People have speculated whether these eruptions have any relation to Kendrick Lamar's DAMN. winning the Pulitzer.

The only thing you need to watch in this video starts at the 1:50 point. If this brother was not in the studio, nobody would have taken his weak ass to task.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The only thing you need to watch in this video starts at the 1:50 point. If this brother was not in the studio, nobody would have taken his weak ass to task.
    'FACT - and real-life consequences. While YOU are making music - sadly I think true

Isn’t he mentally ill with bipolar disorder?

Another sellout. He thinks throwing black people under the bus will save him. He better ask Bill Cosby how that’s working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopedia Mack View Post
    Another sellout. He thinks throwing black people under the bus will save him. He better ask Bill Cosby how that’s working out.
    Bill Cosby never threw black people under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Bill Cosby never threw black people under the bus.
    Sure he did. He wagged his finger at black people acting like he made it. But never called out racism ever. Never said anything when that white guy killed his son and went to court and said I shot the n***er. Facts look it up. He made NBC billions with the Cosby show. But when he tried to buy it twice they kicked him to the curb [[look that up as well). Never called that out. He thought he was one of the safe Negros that made it like OJ. Now they’ve come to collect he wants black peoples support. And what color are the people that threw him down the drain? Exactly. Checkmate.
    Last edited by Encyclopedia Mack; 05-05-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Sure he did. He wagged his finger at black people acting like he made it. But never called out racism ever. Never said anything when that white guy killed his son and went to court and said I shot the n***er. Facts look it up. He made NBC billions with the Cosby show. But when he tried to buy it twice they kicked him to the curb [[look that up as well). Never called that out. He thought he was one of the safe Negros that made it like OJ. Now they’ve come to collect he wants black peoples support. And what color are the people that threw him down the drain? Exactly. Checkmate.
    Bill Cosby had made it! All he was saying to young blacks was to straighten up and cut the BS! He definitely cared. He gave MILLIONS to help other blacks make it. Haven't you heard about all of that money he and his wife donated to HBU's and other college and universities?

Bill Cosby never called out racism? HA! You are probably very young and are not aware, but check this out:

Last edited by marv2; 05-05-2018 at 07:05 PM.

You are being misled. The same thing is happening with Harry Belafonte. Young black people don't know anything about him other than he married a white woman. So they call him a coon and don't take a moment to even research the man and his life. I am old enough to know about these people and not just their current circumstances which I believe have been manufactured for the most part. People like Mr. Cosby and Mr. Belafonte were real heroes when I was growing up. Not some rapper stoned on drugs.....

I have the further indignity of having been sampled by that jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Heehee
    Which track [[or tracks) Ralph?

Ralph, he did what? Did he pay you?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    What do we think?
    Kanye said that he doesn't read. Next question?

Would that have been Cosby's 'Little Old Man' by way of 'Uptight'?

Motown chose not to deal with it. it was sampled off the Power Of Zeus album. By that time Motown was out of the picture, so nothing was done. Probably wouldn't have amounted to all that much anyway. The song "Sorcerer Of Isis...Ritual Of The Mole" [[great title eh?) had a sonic freak-out put together by Russ, in the middle of the song. That got sampled.

Well, what a crazy song that was! It be trippin'...

By the way, the track has been sampled 79 times!

https://www.whosampled.com/Power-of-...-of-the-Mole)/

Thanks Tom. I'm aware of the various samples.

Kayne....put down the crack pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Kayne....put down the crack pipe.

He's not on Crack. He said that he was on Opioids.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    He's not on Crack. He said that he was on Opioids.
    That basically meant....quit being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    That basically meant....quit being stupid.
    ... dude gotta be on something to marry into the cash-trashian family. That really the best he could do?

Well Coonye did admit he was on like six different meds all at once...

That said, he's in that "new black" class along with Pharrell and them who whine "we should give white racists a chance" lol

Coonye is just another one but the difference is he think he's a "free thinker". People think anything but that doesn't make you free. FOH...

I've worked in the mental health field for several years and taught special education. I could tell many years ago that Kanye was not mentally stable. He's really having a breakdown. Hopefully he will realize that he needs help and reach for it.

Kan'tye....

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    Oh lordy bee, what has the stupid little man said now? Who is he mouthing off at this week?

After Azealia Banks, I would say Kanye is easily the musician in most need of a nice tall glass of shut the f**k up. And that's nothing to be proud of, considering how Azealia takes the bar to a whole new low every time she opens her mouth or twitter account. You know someone is beyond any kind of help or intervention when calling Zayn Malik all those disgusting things wasn't even the most hateful thing she had done that day. You just told a fourteen year old black girl that her mother was a whore and the only reason the girl had a job was because of her mother giving it up on the casting couch, and the girl herself was going to be dead in a few years of a drug overdose, and then you repost tweets saying bollocks like "To be Azealia Banks is to know the criticism all young black women in the public eye face?" Whatever honey, I'll remember that next time you call a black fourteen year old girl things like a "ugly black b**tch" or "negro bed wench" or worse.

Sorry if I went off a rant there, but Kanye and Azealia are two of the only celebrities I actually personally detest for how they treat people.
    Last edited by Coppelia-Birdsong; 06-13-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Kanye West has mental illness. That's obvious. Sad to say, I have more respect for Kim than Kanye. She's probably berated him for those comments.

Coppola-Birdsong, I don't know who is worse, these entertainers, the fans who blindly follow them, or the artists who continue to work with them. Have these artists no conscience, or are they so desperate for the dollar that they will set aside any moral or ethical compass for a buck?

Kanye and Azaelea are two more artists I have had to purge from my collection.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-13-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Kanye West definitely has mental issues and a I am sure he has great health insurance. He needs to use it! I have no use for him. He made a few good records, but that is a far as it goes. Good Luck Kanye.

I have an extremely complicated relationship with Kanye. at least a few times a year, I go through his discography and thoroughly enjoy myself, but I am constantly reminded of the public douchebaggery he conducts in his spare time. I hate how the man who gave me songs like "Famous," "Gold Digger," "Diamonds From Sierra Leone [[yeah, people gave him shit for that Shirley Bassey sample)," and a few others. When you separate the man from the music, his lyrics are incredibly caustic and clever. As a person? Well, I haven't even seen him in concert, and I don't feel good about his recent publicity. I don't think he is well, and I wish he would just take a ten-year break from all this celebrity and pull a "Nina Simone" when she f*cked off to France