[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Yea I know!!!! The average rating [[from everyone who has reviewed it?) is 31% but the film critic-reviewed rating is 0%!
    As you’ve probably read by now, one reason for the film’s endurance is the fact that it features the highest profile acting role of Sharon Tate [[famously murdered by The Manson Family two years afterward.)

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I love how she just flows through the song never over singing it, but using her voice to emphasize certain lines that really brings it all home! It is one of my deserted island songs.
    I understand what you're saying, her phrasing is impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I could say a lot here but i shall not sink to your depths. For your information i saw the film in the 70's and thought it was highly enjoyable trash. I watched it again around 20 years ago and just found it to be trash. That is my opinion. You have yours. I am not going to change my mind on the subject and i do not expect you to change your mind. Perhaps my tastes are more discerning. Let us just agree to disagree and move on. I am a busy man and i am sure you must be busy planning a new Mary Wilson thread to enthrall us all with. Go and get on with it. I await it with baited breath...............
    This thread is about Dionne Warwick's performance of this classic song. It was you that turned this thread into something else. You need to stop it and stop trying to start wars. You do that all the time. Seek anger management help.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I understand what you're saying, her phrasing is impeccable.
    It is like she is alone and singing this song to herself.

Now, I just looked into it, and both the book and film sold very well, so were successful in that regard. The book has sold 31 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time, and the film made 50 million USD at box office compared to a 5 million USD budget. However, both received generally negative reviews. The book was widely panned by critics, and the film has a rating of 0% [[!!) on Rotten Tomatoes as reviewed by film critics.
    Now you have decide to waste time regurgitating what I had posted above huh?

Now you have decide to waste time regurgitating what I had posted above huh?
    Really? I’m trying hard here marv. You just told me to look it up, so I did, then you tell me off. In fact I am supporting what you said with some research of my own, as you told me to do. Call it a summary if you like.

Also, you didn't say nothin' about no negative reviews, so that's something I've added to the conversation.

"Why so serious?" - The Joker from The Dark Knight

This thread is about Dionne Warwick's performance of this classic song. It was you that turned this thread into something else. You need to stop it and stop trying to start wars. You do that all the time. Seek anger management help.
    And Dionne's performance of the song is wonderful, but i still think the film was pure unadulterated trash. Why would i want to start a war with such an insignificant individual as yourself? If you don't like what i write then block me. End of problem. You have no need to get yourself all worked up over a trivial discussion such as this. Grow up and get yourself a life you sad little man.

Really? I’m trying hard here marv. You just told me to look it up, so I did, then you tell me off. In fact I am supporting what you said with some research of my own, as you told me to do. Call it a summary if you like.

Also, you didn't say nothin' about no negative reviews, so that's something I've added to the conversation.
    Don't beat yourself up over this Tom. He accuses me of having anger management issues yet it is he who is reacting so wildly over the top. We do appear to have touched a raw nerve here, and we do not want to run the risk of him having a funny turn so it is perhaps for the best if we all move on. Glad you are liking the song by the way. It is a gem, but not an absolute classic in my opinion.

I love the song too but I just find it hilarious that in the era of Motown, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, psychedelic music and Stax that someone will defy all logic and say one song is greater than all that music that came out in the sixties. LMAO

My nephew and his husband have a VOTD screening party every year or so and its a real fun event. Gay men adore that movie and can quote most of it. I never miss there VOTD party as its so much fun and everyone hollers the lines between Susan Hayward and Patty Duke. Im going to have to call my nephew and tell him to put another one of the calander.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    My nephew and his husband have a VOTD screening party every year or so and its a real fun event. Gay men adore that movie and can quote most of it. I never miss there VOTD party as its so much fun and everyone hollers the lines between Susan Hayward and Patty Duke. Im going to have to call my nephew and tell him to put another one of the calander.
    lol!! sounds like fun!!

It is like she is alone and singing this song to herself.
    yes, exactly.

Can anyone post the link for this medley she did of what I believe was an early 00s performance of Anyone Who Had A Heart / Theme From Valley of The Dolls on Top of The Pops? There was only one video of it on Youtube under a very nondescript name, and I think it was taken down. I don't know if she still includes it in her live sets, but it was one of my favorites since it was professionally filmed and shows her performing it in her modern jazzy voice.

Quote Originally Posted by loganjlr View Post
    Can anyone post the link for this medley she did of what I believe was an early 00s performance of Anyone Who Had A Heart / Theme From Valley of The Dolls on Top of The Pops? There was only one video of it on Youtube under a very nondescript name, and I think it was taken down. I don't know if she still includes it in her live sets, but it was one of my favorites since it was professionally filmed and shows her performing it in her modern jazzy voice.
    I vaguely recall this, but i think it was from the 90's rather than the early oo's loganjlr. She also did something similar on a UK chat show. I think it may have been the Michael Parkinson show. Not seen either for many years.