[REMOVE ADS]

IVY JO HUNTER Information - Reposting from Soulful Detroit Forum

A new member lucabella posted this thread on the Soulful Detroit Forum this morning. I think he or she has a sincere interest in Ivy Jo Hunter. I am going to take the liberty of reposting it in the Motown Forum so more Motown fans see it. I am afraid not many will see it posted there. Here it is:

Question Hunting For Ivy Jo Hunter
    hi everyone! i'm new here and am looking for any background info i can find about IVY JO HUNTER. i know he is from Detroit and still lives there...wrote prolifically for Motown, and wrote some outstanding songs. i do know the basics, but am hunting for all the info i can get. lol! i'd appreciate anyone's help on this topic. thank you!!

Maybe Marv2 has contact with him as he knows virtually all Detroit Motown artists.

I created am IVY JO HUNTER-YESTERDAYS DREAMS Facebook group. He replies there quite often.

Yes he is on Facebook.

Ivy Jo Hunter, one of the most underrated Motown vocalists IMHO, having listened to his VIP releases and furthermore unreleased material, I for one feel "cheated"that his unreleased album never came to light.....Class Act!

His songwriting and production work marks him out as Motown Royalty.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    His songwriting and production work marks him out as Motown Royalty.
    Indeed it does!

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    A new member lucabella posted this thread on the Soulful Detroit Forum this morning. I think he or she has a sincere interest in Ivy Jo Hunter. I am going to take the liberty of reposting it in the Motown Forum so more Motown fans see it. I am afraid not many will see it posted there. Here it is:

Question Hunting For Ivy Jo Hunter
    hi everyone! i'm new here and am looking for any background info i can find about IVY JO HUNTER. i know he is from Detroit and still lives there...wrote prolifically for Motown, and wrote some outstanding songs. i do know the basics, but am hunting for all the info i can get. lol! i'd appreciate anyone's help on this topic. thank you!!

Maybe Marv2 has contact with him as he knows virtually all Detroit Motown artists.
    Thanks Woodward,but they've already beat me to the punch! LOL! If he's on Facebook
    [[which I am not), that would be the best, fastest way to contact him.

Have you all heard this, some unreleased recordings by Ivy Jo Hunter?

Ivy Jo, could easily hang with Edwin Starr and Ronnie Isley in terms of vocals.

I'm waiting for his version of TO SEE THE SUN AGAIN to get a release. Better than Chuck Jackson's.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Have you all heard this, some unreleased recordings by Ivy Jo Hunter?

Sincere Thanks for that Marv2, I've been in total awe of Ivy Jo Hunter since hearing a few tracks by him, and TBH have been lucky enough in hearing one or two different takes of a couple of inclusive items in your post.....Would just reiterate what a joy personally it would be to hear those, and more gems in the not too distant future.....Ivy Jo Hunter, absolutely revered by myself, and I'm sure many others.... Absolute Class Act!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wilxy View Post
    Sincere Thanks for that Marv2, I've been in total awe of Ivy Jo Hunter since hearing a few tracks by him, and TBH have been lucky enough in hearing one or two different takes of a couple of inclusive items in your post.....Would just reiterate what a joy personally it would be to hear those, and more gems in the not too distant future.....Ivy Jo Hunter, absolutely revered by myself, and I'm sure many others.... Absolute Class Act!!!
    You are most welcome Wilxy!