[REMOVE ADS]

The Temptations New Album

The Temptations have a new CD coming out in May. Temptations "All the time"
    I heard two cuts off the CD. They sound good, but I still miss Dennis [[RIP) Ali and David.
    The soul singer is missing and they have a new sound.

The album also features covers of songs from various artists including Bruno Mars, Maxwell, and Michael Jackson. Three original songs from the group’s members Otis Williams, Ron Tyson, Terry Weeks, Larry Braggs, and Willie Greene will also be featured

"All The Time" is produced and arranged by Dave Darling, also known for his work with Glen Campbell, Brian Setzer, Tom Waits, and Janiva Magness, among others. The new album has The Temptations' newest lineup, led by founding member Otis Williams. Among the cover versions, the group transforms Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" into a stirring soul-gospel love song, while in their hands "Earned It," originally recorded by The Weeknd for Fifty Shades of Grey, becomes an emotional tour-de-force, and "Thinking Out Loud," originally by Ed Sheeran, is soulfully reflective and features Williams' spoken introduction. The album's new original songs are the yearning "Waitin' On You," the romantic "Be My Wife" – a sure steppers favorite – and the funked-up "Move Them Britches." The digital album's two bonus tracks are a spare 'Gospel Mix' for the rendition of Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" and a special 'Heathens Mix' for "Move Them Britches."

The song "Earn It" is really nice

Stay With Me
    Earned It
    Pretty Wings
    Thinking Out Loud
    Waitin' On You
    Remember The Time
    Be My Wife
    Still Feel Like Your Man
    When I Was Your Man
    Move Them Britches
    Stay With Me [[Gospel Mix)

So the Tempts did record again

Sadden about the passing of Dennis Edwards. I wonder what's going to happen to the Temptations Review.

God Bless you all

Dr. Temptation

This sounds great Dr. Temptation and thank you! I will buying it and look forward to listening to them again and again!

Just arrived in the post from Universal UK, playing now loud! a few tracks that need to grow on me, but I am sure they will.Name:  The Temptations All The Time.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  75.0 KB

I'm loving what I'm hearing. And I'm a picky person. Thinking out loud is such a standout. This is got to be their best recording since well I can't remember. Dare I say Phoenix Rising?

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    I'm loving what I'm hearing. And I'm a picky person. Thinking out loud is such a standout. This is got to be their best recording since well I can't remember. Dare I say Phoenix Rising?
    Right now I think the new CD is pretty good. It's still growing on me.
    the stand outs are

EARN IT
    THINKING OUT LOUD

I still miss the soul singer. That sound you get when David, Dennis or Ali
    Terry, Larry Braggs have a similar sound. They have nice voices. I guess I'm used to Dennis giving them that gospel gritty feel.

Thinking Out Loud is the best. Can't say it enough. It's on a constant loop for me. I may have to buy another copy of I keep this up. Get the Target exclusive with the 2 remixed songs.

I just got it at Target today.

It is great

edafan

I've checked out the tracks on iTunes, and, well, I likes them. Now to buy...

And the covers are actually really good too. And "Move Them Britches", PHEW, how FUNKAY is that jam??!!

It is utter madness that we are talking about a new Temptations album in 2018. Utter madness in a totally and utterly awesome away.

Just listened to this album in it's entirety and I must say that I'm impressed. My favorites are the single "Waitin' On You", " Be My Wife" and "Still Feel Like Your Man". I hope this album does for The Tempts what " Smokey & Friends" did for Smokey. It will introduce them to a new generation while satisfying longtime fans at the same time. Kudos to Bruce Resnikoff and Harry Weinger for suggesting it and bringing it to fruition. These albums are desperately needed in this world of mumble rap and lack of uniqueness in the music industry. Now we await new material from Zapp,Smokey Robinson,Lamont Dozier, and Detroit's soul sensation Dwele. A new collection of unreleased Prince tracks is also coming. 2018 is looking very good so far.

I still say this..how many groups from[1960]are still recording?god bless otis williams and the mighty temptations.

Your Right

I'm really enjoying the new album! Just ordered my copy from the Classic Motown Store:

https://store.universalmusic.com/motownclassic/*/Music/

One thing I did notice is that Terry Weeks has the best lead vocals on this Album. I was hoping to hear more from the bass, but you do hear it in the harmonies. This is a much better lineup in recent years. I wasn't feeling Bruce Williamson or GC Cameron. The Temptations are a unique group. 1) After all these years still performing and recording. 2) There are off shoot groups: a) Temptations Review b) Temptations revue with Barrington Henderson c) Temptations Revue with Nate Evans. Glen Leonards Group of Temptations.

I guess it will be "Temptations Forever"

"All the Time" by The Temptations. Every music star covers the Temptations at some point. So what happens when this legendary group does its own covers?
    The answer is something very special when the Motown icons get their hands on songs by Sam Smith, John Mayer, Michael Jackson and The Weeknd.
    The R&B pioneers who gave us "My Girl," "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" and "Get Ready" are respectful of each tune they handle on the 10-track "All the Time" but still infuse their own gospel-tinged sound and distinct soulful harmonies.
    "Still Feel Like Your Man" is stripped of Mayer's sharp guitar work in favor of strings and new R&B clothes. Unbelievably, Smith's astonishing vocals on "Stay With Me" are matched in a white-hot cover.
    The group transforms the Weeknd's cool piano-and-strings ballad "Earned It" into a throbbing, steamy soul number, complete with organ and fuzzy guitar. Perhaps the only misstep is their cover of Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time," which is overly processed and heavy.
    The Temps - Terry Weeks, Larry Braggs, Otis Williams, Ron Tyson and Willie Greene - also offer three terrific original songs.
    So whether it's new songs or old classics - or, as with this album, even somebody else's tune - you can't beat the Temptations. It's the way they do the things they do.
    - By Mark Kennedy, The Associated Press

Great album. One I’m gonna put off the shelf regularily.

There’s not a bad track on it.
    It’s so great to have a new Temptations album that’s that good.

Reminds me of the times when I was actually excited to listen to the « new one » by the Tempts, and that dates back to the end of the last century...

Also I agree with everything said above. “Thinking our loud” is my fav track...

Btw, I was worried by the first seconds of “Remember the Time” but things soon change for the better. MJs original is still the best version but the Temptations’ cover is interesting though

JB
    Last edited by jbpintus; 05-18-2018 at 04:11 PM.

I wonder why they chose to cover "Remember The Time"? All the other covers are much more recent as far as I'm aware. I still can't believe they covered Ed Sheehan and made it sound good. [[Sorry Ed )

Just picked this up at a Target store in the US. It has two "exclusives" on the disc - Stay With Me [[Gospel Mix) & Move Them Britches [[Heathen Remix).

Hi!

Barry Towler's review:
    http://www.soulexpress.net/temptations_allthetime.htm

Best regards
    Heikki