[REMOVE ADS]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    No, mysterysinger, both of my booklets are perfectly smooth and untainted. Sorry to hear that yours is wrinkled. Report it to Amazon and they'll send you a new CD set without charge. They'll also arrange for you to return your defective set at no cost to you. When I had to return my scratched Bobby Darin Motown CD a week or two ago, it had arrived on Friday, the day of release. My new replacement copy was here 3 days later on Monday. You can arrange for the return by simply going into your Amazon account and click on "My Orders". You'll then click on "Returns". It takes two minutes. Amazon will immediately email you a page with a bar code and a postage-free label and address for you to print out and enclose and attach to your package to be returned. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    My copy from Amazon UK was delivered today. Not sure why the hold up for you Paul [[Bradburger). I must say a big thank you to all involved. The booklets are wonderfully informative together with the fantastic pictures and beautifully crafted cover. The mastering is supreme

All of this for £9.99!!!!!

Just one request please to those who can make things happen......

Just as we have the You Can't Hurry Love overspill on this album, could we please have the Motown LP box set version of You Keep Me Hangin' On released on the expanded release of Reflections. I have always wanted that version on CD and to coin a phrase from Diana Ross, I'm Still Waiting.

Sincere thanks to all.
    We've put out the Motown Story version of "You Keep Me Hangin' On" on CD. I'm pretty sure it was on The Supremes Playlist plus. Am I wrong? I know it's somewhere. Help me somebody...

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    We've put out the Motown Story version of "You Keep Me Hangin' On" on CD. I'm pretty sure it was on The Supremes Playlist plus. Am I wrong? I know it's somewhere. Help me somebody...
    George, I recall some discussion about this a while ago where someone mentioned the Playlist version and that it did not have Flo and Mary as prominent as the LP Box version. It would be good to compare the two which I can't as I don't have either of them. Can someone on here do that please?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    George, I recall some discussion about this a while ago where someone mentioned the Playlist version and that it did not have Flo and Mary as prominent as the LP Box version. It would be good to compare the two which I can't as I don't have either of them. Can someone on here do that please?

Thanks.
    i'd like a totally unedited version of YKMHO. with the intact middle extended chorus, the hard stop ending and the complete, unedited background vocal track

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...hlight=hanging

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    thank you for reminding everyone that unlike most releases, these expanded editions are very, very rare to get and the only way anyone can listen to them AT ALL, is if they are supported financially by US! There are no legions of teens or audiophiles all waiting for the next release to cover for those who wish to Spotify or thelike. My God, how previous can $20 be twice a year to support music that you are clearly interested in?
    Thank you and thank you original poster!

At $20 these are a STEAL. The booklets alone are worth the purchase price.

Truthfully, if the price was doubled, I still wouldn't even think twice. Especially for a physical Funny Girl Expanded!

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i'd like a totally unedited version of YKMHO. with the intact middle extended chorus, the hard stop ending and the complete, unedited background vocal track
    That's not asking for much!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    No, mysterysinger, both of my booklets are perfectly smooth and untainted. Sorry to hear that yours is wrinkled. Report it to Amazon and they'll send you a new CD set without charge. They'll also arrange for you to return your defective set at no cost to you. When I had to return my scratched Bobby Darin Motown CD a week or two ago, it had arrived on Friday, the day of release. My new replacement copy was here 3 days later on Monday. You can arrange for the return by simply going into your Amazon account and click on "My Orders". You'll then click on "Returns". It takes two minutes. Amazon will immediately email you a page with a bar code and a postage-free label and address for you to print out and enclose and attach to your package to be returned. Hope this helps.
    Ok thanks for your help PMG.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Thank you and thank you original poster!

At $20 these are a STEAL. The booklets alone are worth the purchase price.

Truthfully, if the price was doubled, I still wouldn't even think twice. Especially for a physical Funny Girl Expanded!
    I couldn’t agree more. And TheMotownManiac gets it! There are no legions of teeny boppers waiting for these. If we don’t support these releases, they will cease.

i am not aware of the Motown story version being released. the Playlist version seems different to me

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Ok thanks for your help PMG.
    You're welcome, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I couldn’t agree more. And TheMotownManiac gets it! There are no legions of teeny boppers waiting for these. If we don’t support these releases, they will cease.
    Not everyone can afford $20 - but most of us can. Those who can and don’t support are poopie faces! Nothing* more annoying to me than folks who dig the music but don’t support for nit picky reasons.

*except Republicans

George,
    I was looking over the booklets while giving the set another listen and something caught my eye that I've not yet seen addressed here-
    The replica 1967 tour book [[pg 21) Program
    [[Subject to change)
    lists Let Me Love You Medley
    What songs were part of that medley?

I’m not George, but it’s Let There Be Love, Let Me Love You, Spring Is Here, Love Is A Many Splendored Thing

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I’m not George, but it’s Let There Be Love, Let Me Love You, Spring Is Here, Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
    The next question is: are there any live recordings of this? I don't ever recall seeing this as a part of their set list, and certainly don't ever recall seeing it on anything that's been released.

ok I am ready for Reflections now.
    George, was there any thought into a new mix of Heatwave or Same Old Song, both have good Ross vocals but seem weaker than the other tracks.

Has anyone else noticed the error/ misprint on the back cover of the EU edition of the CD where it says "...all of Disc 3 previously unreleased" instead of Disc 2? Is this mistake also on the US edition?

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the error/ misprint on the back cover of the EU edition of the CD where it says "...all of Disc 3 previously unreleased" instead of Disc 2? Is this mistake also on the US edition?
    Yes. George explained about the miss print. He said something about even after all the proof reading and corrections it printed this way. I don't remember the exact quote but something to that.

Let There Be Love Medley [[known as the Let Me Love You Medley) is on Live at the Roostertail on the I Hear A Symphony Expanded. They also sang it at the Copa but it was a bit of a mess and a let down after the Roostertail performance. We actually had included it but swapped it with Queen Of The House. I would have loved to have done remixes of Same Old Song and Heat Wave but there just wasn't room. I love doing fresh mixes of everything. I love discovering other elements and longer fades etc.

I would have loved to have done remixes of Same Old Song and Heat Wave but there just wasn't room. I love doing fresh mixes of everything. I love discovering other elements and longer fades etc.
    And we love it, too, George!

Let There Be Love Medley [[known as the Let Me Love You Medley) is on Live at the Roostertail on the I Hear A Symphony Expanded. They also sang it at the Copa but it was a bit of a mess and a let down after the Roostertail performance. We actually had included it but swapped it with Queen Of The House. I would have loved to have done remixes of Same Old Song and Heat Wave but there just wasn't room. I love doing fresh mixes of everything. I love discovering other elements and longer fades etc.
    Surely there could be room on Reflections Expanded but I am sure you guess already have a plan made out ;-)

George [[and all), forgive me, but I don’t recall ever hearing/having the Supremes singing “Love Is A Many Splendored Thing” as part of a medley at the Roostertail in 1966 or elsewhere. They sing “Let There Be Love” on the Roostertail set included on IHAS:EE, but...I don’t hear Splendored or any of the other songs mentioned as part of that medley. What’s the story?

The medley actually consists of "Let There Be Love" which goes into a song called "I Love You" [[they sing WE love you) and at the end of the medley they sing "cause love is a many splendored thing. So they don't actually sing the song just that one line.

Just searched Youtube for the Motown Story version of You Keep Me Hangin On and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-3aguVeydY

This version does seem to have more prominent background vocals when compared to the Play List version.

Also, interestingly, if you listen the the music playing behind Diana's intro you can hear, what sounds like, the alternate drum backing track used for the alternative version released on the Expanded HDH album.
    Last edited by rovereab; 08-21-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Hello George! I have a question about that first, original version of "It's The Same Old Song" on the A-Go-Go set; there are points in the song where it's just down to the bass and that heartbeat bass drum. Am I imagining it or is the bass in a totally different key during those "intermissions" than it is on the rest of the song?

It's the darndest thing that this song has a very rudimentary sound and yet it's spellbinding. I absolutely love that thing to pieces. So much that I can rarely get past it before playing it about 6, 7 times in a row. It's just something about the rawness that is fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    Hello George! I have a question about that first, original version of "It's The Same Old Song" on the A-Go-Go set; there are points in the song where it's just down to the bass and that heartbeat bass drum. Am I imagining it or is the bass in a totally different key during those "intermissions" than it is on the rest of the song?

It's the darndest thing that this song has a very rudimentary sound and yet it's spellbinding. I absolutely love that thing to pieces. So much that I can rarely get past it before playing it about 6, 7 times in a row. It's just something about the rawness that is fascinating.
    Crazy that you should ask this. I thought the same thing but gave up thinking it was just my imagination. Ultimately I thought it was such a minor point and didn't interfere with the release.

interesting! i know the team doesn't want to release anything that would come across as "a mess." A few did make it onto Copa - Nothing But heartaches is a bit rough, as is Tonight. What happened with Love?

are there other tracks between Copa 65, Roostertail and Copa 67 that were performed but cut from the X Editions?

I love hearing how the live tracks evolve. Like how they continually added comedy bits to Queen, or how the spiced things up a bit on you Can't Hurry Love by Copa 67. very interesting

Crazy that you should ask this. I thought the same thing but gave up thinking it was just my imagination. Ultimately I thought it was such a minor point and didn't interfere with the release.
    I'm chuckling because I swear, I thought I was loosing what was left of my mind each time I played that song! At least now I know, there is something there, and I'm very, VERY glad the decision was made to leave it as is. Sometimes, it's little quirks like this that makes a song more interesting and enjoyable.

I love the way that the percussion on "You Keep Me Hangin' On [[extended)" sort of transforms the track into a cha cha.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I love the way that the percussion on "You Keep Me Hangin' On [[extended)" sort of transforms the track into a cha cha.
    I think I like this new version even more than the officially released version. I have a feeling H-D-H were experimenting with this beat. It's similar [[not quite the same) to the beat heard on Chris Clark's "Love's Gone Bad". They also had another beat they were trying out on a Kim Weston song, "I've Got A Weak Heart" that I never heard on any other H-D-H song.

I also love the bass on this extended version. It does some slick moves that in places that are just so funky.

Mine arrives Friday too. Yes, even though I've had it for over 6 months I still buy some. Every sale helps. LOL.
    For those who are going to do the digital download, please check to see if the digital booklet is there. It might not be there the first day. [[June 29) But SHOULD be there every day after. So please confirm before you buy. And many thanks to everyone. We hope you love it.
    Hey there, George. Two months later, and the digital booklet still isn't available on iTunes. And I still haven't opened my CD.

this is still one of my favorite Supremes albums. I hope we don't have to wait a year for the next release. looking forward to Reflections.
    more fresh mixes....Going Down For The Third Time is the bomb. love it

Quote Originally Posted by thesupremes View Post
    Hey there, George. Two months later, and the digital booklet still isn't available on iTunes. And I still haven't opened my CD.
    This. I haven’t downloaded it primarily for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by thesupremes View Post
    We have brought this to Universal's attention repeatedly with no response. Eventually you throw up your hands...

Buy the cd! For me, it’s worth it just for the versions of YKMHO and Remove this doubt