[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    Actually, I've heard two different versions of "Se Il Filo Spezzerai". One is Italian vocals all the way through, and the other has the first verse in Italian and the other two in English [[though only single-tracked, not double-tracked as in the original version). It's interesting, but very strange.
    The version on my laptop is the one with mixed languages. I have another one somewhere that's Italian all the way through. I wonder what's the story behind doing both Italian and English on the same recording. Perhaps it was a messed up take?

Amazon just moved HDH release date to July 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Amazon just moved HDH release date to July 6th
    I have June 29. In any case, booooooooo.

I just checked my order and the release date is now June 29th. I guess Motown/UMe is keepin' us "hanging on".

It might also move back. I’ve had that happen frequently too.

I don't recall.what the original price was on Amazon [[was it $29.99?); it's now down to $25.64.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I don't recall.what the original price was on Amazon [[was it $29.99?); it's now down to $25.64.
    Yes, it was 29.99 on pre-order day.

Usually after a few months after the releasedate the price drops 25-50 %.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    It is the last Supremes LP to be mixed in both mono and stereo. I have never heard the mono mix of the album although I do know "Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things)" has an alternate vocal on the mono album. I have two LP's of Reflections and they're both in stereo. The early 90's CD issue was the stereo mix.
    I have the UK release of the mono mix [[TML11073) and it's great.

I also suspect [[but can’t confirm) that the more pre-orders they receive as the release date approaches, the price drops accordingly. Amazon offers a pre-order price guarantee, so even if you originally ordered it at $29.99, it honors the lowest sales price with 24-hours of release and will either charge you less or refund the difference. If this release gets down to $22.99 [[on Amazon) by release day, that’s pretty reasonable for a 2-CD set with deluxe packaging. Factor in free shipping to receive ON release day and it’s worth it...to me, at least.

I always use Amazon..I'm a 'prime' member [[primette?), the service is great and the industry always looks at the Amazon sales to see what's happening so it bodes better for more future releases

Currently £19.15 on UK Amazon

Oh—and, once again, I encourage everyone who is enjoying these releases [[specifically on The Supremes) should buy AT LEAST two copies of the set if not more. Keep one in the house and one in the car...keep one sealed for the shelf and one to open and play...one to keep and one to give to a friend...or one to keep and one to sell for a profit in 5 years when it’s out of print! Regardless, sales is the only way we continue to see releases by The Supremes and our other favorite Motown artists. My two copies are pre-ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Oh—and, once again, I encourage everyone who is enjoying these releases [[specifically on The Supremes) should buy AT LEAST two copies of the set if not more. Keep one in the house and one in the car...keep one sealed for the shelf and one to open and play...one to keep and one to give to a friend...or one to keep and one to sell for a profit in 5 years when it’s out of print! Regardless, sales is the only way we continue to see releases by The Supremes and our other favorite Motown artists.

My two copies are pre-ordered!
    As are mine [[one for a friend)!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Oh—and, once again, I encourage everyone who is enjoying these releases [[specifically on The Supremes) should buy AT LEAST two copies of the set if not more. ..keep one sealed for the shelf and one to open and play...
    I do exactly that!

Didn’t a go go sell out?

Importcds.com

$19 no postage

I use them all of the time.

Now Amazon says it will be released June 29.

It's worth it to me to pay the few extra $$$ and buy through Amazon. It's fun to watch how it sells and where it ranks. $29, $26: it's a steal either way to have this expanded and in physical form.

I buy through import because they make it easier for those with low incomes to be able to buy these. Amazon is amazing, but they destroyed the record industry retailwise with their pricing and lack of tax ramifications. No more stored to browse through in malls, no more promo materials ........ I buy locally when I can or at import for price - then amazon as a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I buy through import because they make it easier for those with low incomes to be able to buy these. Amazon is amazing, but they destroyed the record industry retailwise with their pricing and lack of tax ramifications. No more stored to browse through in malls, no more promo materials ........ I buy locally when I can or at import for price - then amazon as a last resort.
    When "A Go Go" was released I pre-ordered through Amazon on the first day it was announced. When the release date arrived my order went into processing for days and days. Just because i didn't update my shipping to prime or refused to pay a higher shipping cost they made me wait forever. I finally cancelled the order and bought it locally from Rasputin. I will not play those games with Amazon. Did you know they stopped shipping small items that have free shipping unless it equals $25.00 or more. Said it isn't worth it to them.

I was hoping both Love Is a Heatwave and Same Old Song would be remixed as both seem watered down to me. neither got a 2018 mix, darn.
    I suppose we will get Reflections this time next year

honest man Guest
    Currently available on AmazonUk,hmmm,,,,m,

honest man Guest
    Unavailable correction,

"04. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) [[Gladys Knight and The Pips Duet mix)"

Does this mean a DIana Ross/Gladys Knight duet to be heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    "04. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) [[Gladys Knight and The Pips Duet mix)"

Does this mean a DIana Ross/Gladys Knight duet to be heard?
    It means they combined Diana and Gladys' vocals, like they did with Diana and Levi's vocals on SHAKE ME WAKE ME on the A GO GO set.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It means they combined Diana and Gladys' vocals, like they did with Diana and Levi's vocals on SHAKE ME WAKE ME on the A GO GO set.
    Or like they did with Diana's and Marvin's? lol!

I'd like to hear that Levi/DIana combo.
    I'll have to check to see if it's on YouTube .

And hearing Diana's and Gladys' voices together will be most interesting!

and a possible Diana and Marvin expanded set with additional vocals found....but maybe we will get ROSS 78 first

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    and a possible Diana and Marvin expanded set with additional vocals found....but maybe we will get ROSS 78 first
    That would be nice, but it is Ross78 that i want first. We have waited so long for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    That would be nice, but it is Ross78 that i want first. We have waited so long for it.
    yes I agree....and the last one to get a cd /expanded release

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    yes I agree....and the last one to get a cd /expanded release
    I also agree. I have been wanting Ross 78 forever.

I haven't yet read the thread, but "The Supremes Sing H-D-H" sounds like an automatic purchase for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the "Supremes-A-Go-Go" set from last year. And, they mastered it beautifully, so I expect the same quality on the new one.

Thanks for the heads-up!

$25.64 now down to $24.99!

$24.99 now down to $20.19!

$25.64 now down to $24.99!
    I think they like to move it below $25.00 so you have to pay shipping unless you are a Prime member.

Fyi there is a digital single from this collection that has been released, for download on iTunes and streaming on all major services [[Spotify, etc). It is an extended demo version of The Happening.

The 2CD set is now $20.19 on Amazon U.S.! Pre-order now!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Thats a real good price. Im ordering or preordering today. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Wow. That is a great price.

Still not available for pre-order on Amazon UK. First time I've known that to happen so close to release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thats a real good price. Im ordering or preordering today. Thanks
    Well, I saw some people posting on the other thread that it is $24.99 today, so what I saw must have been a glitch. I just checked and Amazon tells me that my order changed. It's back to $24.99 again.

The wait is almost over! 8 days and counting!

This 2CD Expanded Edition of The Supremes’ chart-topping, ‘The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland,’ includes a whopping 52 tracks that magnify the scope of a seminal album that made history. It includes 28 tracks heard for the first time via updated mixes & alternate versions, as well as a score of electrifying live performances captured at the Copacabana nightclub in New York City in May 1967, the last recorded performance of the original trio: Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard.

Back down to $20.19! Grab it while you can!

Back down to $20.19! Grab it while you can!
    This really is an amazing price considering what you're getting. That's $10.095/disc. I recall paying $8.99 or 9.99 in the early 1990s for each of the original CDs in that series. I have the 1986 version of Supremes Sing HDH. Let's say I paid $8.99 in 1992 dollars. And now the new set is only $10.09 a disc ?!? Amazing! Again, a most gracious "thank you" to George, Andy & the team.

I should get this.

Press Release from last week

Los Angeles – June 15, 2018 – On June 29, in anticipation of the upcoming 60th anniversary of Motown — a.k.a. Hitsville U.S.A. — and inspired by the album’s own recent 51st anniversary, Motown/UMe is releasing a 51-track, 2-CD Expanded Edition of The Supremes’ tenth studio effort, the chart-topping The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland. The collection magnifies the scope of a seminal album that made history, including 27 tracks that are heard here for the first time via a number of updated mixes and alternate versions, as well as electrifying live performances captured at the Copacabana nightclub in New York City in May 1967, the last recorded performance of the original trio: Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard.

The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland, originally released in January 1967, further cemented the group’s chart prowess and vocal harmonizing skills. Inspired by the production team who along with the group had come to define the “Motown Sound” – producers Brian Holland and Lamont Dozier and lyricist Edward Holland Jr. – spawned a pair of universally loved No. 1 singles, the forever-pleading “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” and the heartbreakingly dramatic “Love Is Here and Now You’re Gone.” The LP also went to No. 1 on the Billboard R&B Albums Chart, their fourth album to do so up to that point, while peaking at no. 6 Pop.

Formed in Detroit as The Primettes in 1959, The Supremes were Motown’s most successful act of the 1960s, scoring 12 No. 1 singles. They also continue to reign as America’s most successful vocal group to date. Their influence not only carries on in contemporary R&B, soul and pop, they also helped pave the way for mainstream success by African-American artists across all genres.

The expanded The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland includes the original mono album on CD for the first time and the stereo version newly remastered, plus several rare and new mixes created exclusively for this expanded edition, featuring alternate versions and alternate mixes of the hits. Among them: the original film version of the No. 1 hit “The Happening,” which was re-cut for the single version and is now a revised, correct mix and edit of the version that appeared in The Supremes box set; a version of “Love Is Here and Now You’re Gone” with a vocal previously available only on a Japanese Greatest Hits release; a new mix of “You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart)” that includes previously muted strings; and a rare live concert from the Copacabana in New York, in May 1967, one of the last performances of the group with Florence Ballard. This spirited show, two years on from the Supremes album Live at the Copa, is a masterful blend of Supremes hits and show tunes, the epitome of Motown founder Berry Gordy’s vision for his Detroit-based company.

Also included in the package are two booklets; they are, in addition to the music, a collector’s dream: one, with 32 pages, has a new essay, detailed track annotations, a Supremes timeline, a new interview with Lamont Dozier, and rare and never-before-seen photographs. The other, with 24 pages, recreates The Supremes’ 1967 souvenir tour program.

Fifty-plus years on, The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland receives a well-deserved remastered expansion, produced by the team responsible for previous expanded editions, Andrew Skurow and George Solomon, and remastered by Universal Music’s Kevin Reeves. These collections continue to keep us hangin’ on to the most intuitive and most indelible blend of perfect harmonizing and majestic songwriting of the very best artists and creative teams Motown had to offer.

Preorder The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland: Expanded Edition here

classic.motown.com/artist/the-supremes

facebook.com/Supremes

twitter.com/ClassicMotown

The Supremes THE SUPREMES SING HOLLAND-DOZIER-HOLLAND: EXPANDED EDITION [2 CD]

Disc 1

Original Mono [[1-12) and Stereo [[13-24) LPs
    01./13. You Keep Me Hangin’ On
    02./14. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart)
    03./15. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone
    04./16. Mother You, Smother You
    05./17. I Guess I’ll Always Love You
    06./18. I’ll Turn To Stone
    07./19. It’s The Same Old Song
    08./20. Going Down For The Third Time
    09./21. Love Is In Our Hearts
    10./22. Remove This Doubt
    11./23. There’s No Stopping Us Now
    12./24. [[Love Is Like A) Heat Wave

Bonus Tracks
    25. The Happening [[extended hit mix)
    26. All I Know About You [[extended mix)
    27. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone [[Version 3)
    28. We Couldn’t Get Along Without You [[extended mix)
    29. You Keep Me Hangin’ On [[extended “cool” alternate)

Disc 2

01. You Can’t Hurry Love [[extended alternate)
    02. The Happening [[film versions)
    03. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone [[version 1)
    04. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) [[strings mix)
    05. I Guess I’ll Always Love You [[extended mix)
    06. Going Down For The Third Time [[extended mix)
    07. Remove This Doubt [[extended mix)

Live At The Copa May 1967
    08. Put On A Happy Face
    09. Medley: Stop! In The Name Of Love/Come See About Me/My World Is Empty Without You/Baby Love
    10. My Favorite Things
    11. You Keep Me Hangin’ On
    12. The Lady Is A Tramp/Let’s Get Away From It All
    13. I Hear A Symphony
    14. From This Moment On
    15. Queen Of The House
    16. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone
    17. Somewhere
    18. You Can’t Hurry Love
    19. Medley: Thoroughly Modern Millie/Second Hand Rose/Mame
    20. Group Introductions
    21. You’re Nobody Til Somebody Loves You
    22. The Happening

There is nothing on the above track listing about the duet version of "Always In My Heart"..its saying that there is a strings version...i hope they have not issued the fake duet that includes strings instead of a full proper version with strings...this has always been my favourite Supremes song and i would love to hear the original version with strings instead of one of those fake duets...fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    There is nothing on the above track listing about the duet version of "Always In My Heart"..its saying that there is a strings version...i hope they have not issued the fake duet that includes strings instead of a full proper version with strings...this has always been my favourite Supremes song and i would love to hear the original version with strings instead of one of those fake duets...fingers crossed.
    It's not a duet. The original track list posted last month was a bit premature. [[The same thing happened with A Go Go). Strings were added to the Always In My Heart track in 1966 but they didn't use them in the stereo mix when the song appeared on HDH. This is the full version by The Supremes with strings and it's very nice. I'm glad it's here instead of the duet. Also the Can't Help Myself/Where Did Our Love Go mash is gone again. [[it was originally listed on A Go Go). Some clearance issues would have held up the release even longer and we didn't want that to happen! Sorry if this disappoints some but I'm very happy with the final product as it is.

Thank you George...i am so looking forward to hearing this..i have not been dissapointed by any of the expanded editions..they are all sublime and hats off to all involved.

Clearance issues? I shouldn't have read this. There's always some boss making it hard for the fine folks that put these Wonderful expanded editions together. They should've just out the mash up on there anyway.