[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I am so happy for everyone who received their copies today. I will never pre order from Amazon again. I signed up for Prime and they said order shipped and charged my credit card. Said order would be delivered today. Guess what it wasn't. Now they are saying give it till the 3rd. I had this same problem with A Go Go and thought is was because I didn't have Prime. I had to cancel that order and bought it locally at a music store. SMDH

Before I forget, I want to thank George, Andy & Harry.Your efforts are deeply appreciated by this Motown fan.

HDH & DMF. Best combination ever!

More Hits was actually the first Supremes Sing HDH album. I've been enjoying both albums today, back to back.

I wouldn't change More Hits. [[It was my first Supremes/Motown album).
    For Supremes Sing HDH I would replace It's The Same Old Song and Heat Wave [[and include them on Supremes A' Go Go). I would include Put Yourself In My Place and Baby, I Need Your Lovin' from A' Go Go on Supremes Sing HDH, instead.

I'd send Always In My Heart to Where Did Our Love Go album. Don't know what I would replace it with. Maybe Mother Dear , versions 2 or 3. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    I'm not sure. Mine is coming much earlier than expected as well. I Pre-ordered on Friday the 22nd and release date is the 29th and mine is arriving Saturday the 30th and I chose regular/free shipping too. Very weird but very very excited. Can't wait to clean and do laundry tomorrow listening to The Supremes Sing HDH Expanded :-)
    Really hope you enjoy. Mine should be here around the 4th. Happy fourth of SUPREMES DAY. LOL

I got postal notice it's out for delivery today! Yea! Ordered from importcd's and they
    came through. I stay away from amazon when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Really hope you enjoy. Mine should be here around the 4th. Happy fourth of SUPREMES DAY. LOL
    Thank you. You can always get your fix by listening to the album on YouTube til the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I got postal notice it's out for delivery today! Yea! Ordered from importcd's and they
    came through. I stay away from amazon when I can.
    I don't blame you. We have Amazon Prime [[not my choice but my partner's choice), so I like the speed factor...but they are the reason we are losing our CD and record stores. They also don't always pack items in the best manner, as my Supremes Sing HDH arrived with a slightly smushed spine. This has happened before with other releases and usually I would take the time to exchange it, but I'm at the point where I can no longer be bothered. Next time I will buy from elsewhere. I try to opt for record stores whenever I can and it doesn't mean going too far out of the way to get there...

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I don't blame you. We have Amazon Prime [[not my choice but my partner's choice), so I like the speed factor...but they are the reason we are losing our CD and record stores. They also don't always pack items in the best manner, as my Supremes Sing HDH arrived with a slightly smushed spine. This has happened before with other releases and usually I would take the time to exchange it, but I'm at the point where I can no longer be bothered. Next time I will buy from elsewhere. I try to opt for record stores whenever I can and it doesn't mean going too far out of the way to get there...
    I agree, Carlo. Plus, I've had 2 situations when amazon did their own
    deliveries and someone else was delivered to. My postman told me
    amazon hires these drivers who pay little attention and packages are
    landing wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I agree, Carlo. Plus, I've had 2 situations when amazon did their own
    deliveries and someone else was delivered to. My postman told me
    amazon hires these drivers who pay little attention and packages are
    landing wherever.
    Yes, it is true. I have also had negative experiences with Amazon's carriers. With the Sing HDH Expanded, I entered delivery instructions with my order, asking them to leave the package in the enclosed storage doors/area that I have on my porch. However, the carrier left the box standing upright, right in front of my door, so the package was visible from the not-so-far sidewalk. Thankfully it was not stolen during the 7 hours it was sitting there, but I have had a package stolen once before, when it was left in plain sight at my front door.

Amazon seems to be the cheaper and more speedy way to shop these days, but the convenience comes at a price. Not only are traditional stores disappearing, but our mail service in Toronto has also been cut back due to the use of Amazon carriers.

It’s a testament to the glory and, yes, supremacy, of Diana, Mary and Flo. They excel in this masterpiece and this just proves why no one could touch them. Was up very late celebrating and loving this magnificent homage to a 51 year old album. Going back to bed but had to thank George and Andy. We couldn’t get along without you! ❤️

thanks to Andy , George, Kevin ,Harry and team. my favorite supremes album finally
    been listening,love the new mixes......want more . I was hoping Hetwave and Same Old Song would get beefed up .love Diana vocals but these song seemed a bit out of sync with the other tracks in this collection , but it could be my ears.

got mine yesterday. and of course, i'm thrilled with it. andy and george did an incredible job and i love it

but of course i'm listening for every little thing, change, difference, error and more. please be aware that my comments are absolutely not meant as malice. i'm must analyzing every element of the set. I love having problems, errors, voices cracking and imperfections.

1. the original album - great job remastering. i've always felt this album was uneven, with some amazing tracks and some weaker ones. Same Old Song and Heatwave frankly should have stayed in the vault. Love is in our hearts and Always in my heart just sound too out of date compared to the newer tracks. i do love the string added to Always though

2. you can't hurry love - this is my one bone to pick with andrew and george. no problem that they've included YCHL here but i would rather have the actual version from the 60s versus an extended mix they created today. there were 3 versions released in 1966 - the mono version, the stereo version and then the version on the reel to reel tape release. this version has the vocals of the stereo version but with the bridge still in tact. the version on L&F is this longer version but with an alt lead vocal. I believe the r2r version was the one on the japanese quad album. these new remixed, extended versions, duets, etc are fine but IMO only once we have the original materials first

3. YKMHO - it would be nice to have a completed unedited version on cd. with the missing extra chorus [[what was used on the #1 set), with the full stop ending and with the full, in tact backing vocals.

4. Copa - if i had to vote, i think the Rooster Tail set is the strongest live set we've received of DMF. of course i love this being the last recorded show of theirs. and i certainly understand diana's voice was affected by the cold. Not a huge fan of the rushed speed on Put On A Happy and YCHL. although i do prefer M and F work on this version of YCHL - they made a slight alteration to how they sing Love Don't Come Easy in the backgrounds and it helps. their pitch is better too. And love the harmonies in Millie/Rose/Mame but Di sounds rough during Rose!!

overall though an A+++

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post

2. you can't hurry love - this is my one bone to pick with andrew and george. no problem that they've included YCHL here but i would rather have the actual version from the 60s versus an extended mix they created today. there were 3 versions released in 1966 - the mono version, the stereo version and then the version on the reel to reel tape release. this version has the vocals of the stereo version but with the bridge still in tact. the version on L&F is this longer version but with an alt lead vocal. I believe the r2r version was the one on the japanese quad album. these new remixed, extended versions, duets, etc are fine but IMO only once we have the original materials first
    I too would have loved to have the Reel To Reel version of You Can't Hurry Love on cd. I am sure it wont be included in future expanded editions for it would be out of place and I'm not sure what Universal Motown has in store for future Supremes compilations and anthologies if anything at all. It could just simply be a missed opportunity and we may never get it. I would say that if we ever do get another anthology or something that it will be included :-)

I got my copy from Amazon this morning and am quite pleased with everything about it, especially At the Copa 1967! YEA!!

I received my copy of The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland Friday evening at 7 p.m. I heard my front door buzzer ring and was surprised to see the Amazon carrier with my delivery, here in Vancouver, Canada. I am listening to the two CD set and am Name:  36384630_10156520176426055_6156131463222788096_o.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  103.0 KBName:  36350020_10156520190296055_9000758487424172032_o.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  105.5 KBtotally blown away by all the extras!

Fortunately I was able to find it on YouTube once and downloaded. So at least I have a digital copy of it

I also find it surprising that they dropped the song from the act shortly after flo left. It’s my fav supremes song.

I haven't gotten the physical copy yet, but I love, love LOVE what I am hearing! The remix of "Going Down for the Third Time" is HOT and by far my favorite! I love that they've expanded all the fade-outs, particularly on "The Happening," "All I Know About You," "You Keep Me Hangin' On," etc.

They've done a good job of raising of Mary and Flo's vocals so they sound fresh and more mix-forward.

I am blown away by the Copa set. I have had a bootleg copy of it for years, but hearing it in its proper mix is incredibly fresh. The full set also includes a few things missing from the bootleg version. The ladies' harmonies are swell and its once of the best live Supremes recordings ever released.

Now I don't have the booklet, so forgive me if I am missing something, but wasn't "My Guy" also recorded during the HDH sessions, as well? The only release I've seen this on is the 2000 Box Set, and it's quite good, so I'm surprised to see it not included on this release.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    got mine yesterday. and of course, i'm thrilled with it. andy and george did an incredible job and i love it

but of course i'm listening for every little thing, change, difference, error and more. please be aware that my comments are absolutely not meant as malice. i'm must analyzing every element of the set. I love having problems, errors, voices cracking and imperfections.

1. the original album - great job remastering. i've always felt this album was uneven, with some amazing tracks and some weaker ones. Same Old Song and Heatwave frankly should have stayed in the vault. Love is in our hearts and Always in my heart just sound too out of date compared to the newer tracks. i do love the string added to Always though

3. YKMHO - it would be nice to have a completed unedited version on cd. with the missing extra chorus [[what was used on the #1 set), with the full stop ending and with the full, in tact backing vocals.

4. Copa - if i had to vote, i think the Rooster Tail set is the strongest live set we've received of DMF. of course i love this being the last recorded show of theirs. and i certainly understand diana's voice was affected by the cold. Not a huge fan of the rushed speed on Put On A Happy and YCHL. although i do prefer M and F work on this version of YCHL - they made a slight alteration to how they sing Love Don't Come Easy in the backgrounds and it helps. their pitch is better too. And love the harmonies in Millie/Rose/Mame but Di sounds rough during Rose!!

overall though an A+++
    Thank you sup_fan! I highly value your assessment of the details. This helps me to make a decision. Can you tell us about any sonic anomalies for the few audiophiles among us?

I was happy to see that the booklet contained the Detroit TV Guide's photo of the Supremes in the advertisement for the 1967 Ice Capades special. I cut this picture out of my parent's TV guide that week to include in an art class collage and haven't seen it since! I loved seeing that program on television when it aired. FYI the picture was much larger in the guide.

Name:  Supremes Ice Capades 1967 red sequins.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  63.6 KB
    Last edited by Skyliner; 06-30-2018 at 09:25 PM. Reason: add info

Absolutely loving the alternate/extended versions on this. "Third Time" has always been one of my favourite Supremes numbers, and to hear this absolutely amazing 4+ minute version is mindblowing. Same for the Hit mix of "The Happening", adding that "once I had a dream to hold..." bridge makes this the ultimate, nay, definitive version.

I can't say enough great things to the guys who made this set possible, except for: Well done, guys, you did it again!

I'm a very happy Supremes fan today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Absolutely not. Diana isn't capable of doing a song better than the Tops. The track is rushed and messy.

I hear you. I may not be the biggestfourtops fan but I am a fan. I respectfully disagree, however. Diana is capable of doing some songs better than Levi. The Supremes' I'll Turn To Stone is well-produced, appropriately paced [[the Tops' version is a bit languid) and Diana's assured vocal conveys the song's urgency and note of desperation convincingly.

["Ross’ Shake Me, Wake Me is often considered superior to The a Tops and I agree hands down - also Baby I Need Your Loving has a lot of votes."]

I loved the Shake Me, Wake Me mash-up on the A' Go Go expanded set. Ross' delivery conveys a touching strength which complements Levi's more emotional pleading. [[I really appreciated that the Funk Brothers track was used for the mash-up).

No Motown male vocalist can touch Levi Stubbs in my book. Diana Ross is an accomplished vocalist in her own right. She and Levi know what to do with a song. Levi's voice was big and soulful. Diana has a more eclectic Pop sensibility [[no apologies whatsoever). They are both Motown.

Re: Baby, I Need Your Loving: The Four Tops song, absolutely. But I really like and enjoy The Supremes' take on A ' Go Go. I believe Lamont Dozier once said he didn't like to just cover a song. He wanted to bring a new or different perspective.

Now, the Supremes' It's The Same Old Song is rushed and messy.

Pardon me if this question has already been asked. I don't see it.

I was brought up on the Supremes Sing Motown artwork cover and it also has a lot of good memories for me. Is that photo image in the booklet and in a position where I would be able to put it at the front of the CD?

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    We mentioned this in the liner notes... We originally planned it for A Go Go. In fact, some early track lists included it but we ran out of room. We had room here on HDH and since it's another HDH hit we included it. I guess anyone can add it to their A Go Go playlist if they want. We did a similar thing with "Ain't No Mountain" including an alternate on the Surrender Expanded. I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Thank you!
    I really am enjoying it George and thanks for the explanation as I don't yet have the physical release and was listening to the album via Apple Music.

I LOVE the new mixes,...Going Down 4 the Third Time ...OMG.
    can we get a cd of new mixes, would love a new mixs on some of the other tracks and even Shake Me Wake Me,
    I think Heatwave could have used a new mix.
    heres a question, listening to the mono verses stereo. maybe my old ears, what are you hearing different.????
    thanks to andy and team

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Pardon me if this question has already been asked. I don't see it.

I was brought up on the Supremes Sing Motown artwork cover and it also has a lot of good memories for me. Is that photo image in the booklet and in a position where I would be able to put it at the front of the CD?
    The Supremes Sing Motown is the cover of the booklet. I guess you could slide the whole booklet into a jewel box case and it would be your cover.

I received my copy of Supremes Sing HDH: Deluxe this morning and I'm loving it! It's great to have Lamont Dozier's recollections on the album as well as the informative timeline [[with the tantalizing 'to be continued...' ending the piece). Also great to have the front cover of The Supremes Sing Motown from the British release of the LP as well as the 'Evening With The Supremes' program from 1967. Big thanks to Harry, George, Andy & Kevin for their work in putting this set together.

I'm one of those old heads who still brings a CD boom box to the beach. I played both discs while on the beach yesterday and I gotta day the extended version of "Going Down for the Third Time" is the perfect beach song. Last summer it was the extended mix of "Love Is LIke An Itching". I'm in love with this set. It's very bittersweet knowing this might it from the original trio.

I am just reading through one of my booklets from the HDH Deluxe and am enjoying every minute. One "chicken wing" concern/question. The booklet states that the Supremes made their third "What's My Line" appearance on May 21, 1967. I am a big fan of this classic TV show, and I only believe it was their second appearance. I did some internet research and found a site that listed the celebrity guests who appeared on this show. Along with the May 21 date, the only other date was February 2, 1966. I do know that they appeared on "To Tell the Truth" in 1965 with Berry Gordy, however, I don't know about the other third time they appeared on WML. Loving this collection! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I LOVE the new mixes,...Going Down 4 the Third Time ...OMG.
    can we get a cd of new mixes, would love a new mixs on some of the other tracks and even Shake Me Wake Me,
    I think Heatwave could have used a new mix.
    heres a question, listening to the mono verses stereo. maybe my old ears, what are you hearing different.????
    thanks to andy and team
    A few things to listen for... "You Keep Me Hangin' On," background vocals come in sooner on the mono mix and it has a longer fade. "Turn To Stone" longer mono fade, "Same Old Song" longer fade on the stereo mix. "Going Down For The Third Time," only Mary and Flo on the mono, some additional Andantes vocals on the stereo mix [[The same with "Heat Wave.") "Remove This Doubt," back ups muted for part of the fade on the mono mix. "Love Is In Our Hearts," different lead vocals on the mono and stereo mixes. Anyone else, feel free to jump in.

Hi George,
    Although my copy's not been delivered yet [[likely early this week) I've been listening on Spotify & YouTube.
    I don't think I'll be much help, since I lack a knowledge of technical musical jargon.
    But after ecstatically delighting in the new mixes, I've just moved on to listening to the mono vs. stereo versions on the original lp.
    With regards to "Going Down For The Third Time" I do have a question, if my hearing is correct. The mono seems to have some distortion .. but there is a puzzling sound that reminds me of the sound that a train grinding to a sudden halt might make on a metal rail at various points. It seems to be at its strongest at 1:04. and 2:13-14. Do any of our golden ears members or musicologists have any idea what I'm hearing?

Supremes at The Copa 1967
    Please.... not a complaint, but I have a couple of recording of The Supremes at the Copa in 1967. There are four tracks missing on the new HDH collection:

- Yesterday
    - Michelle
    - More
    - Let There Be Love

I am curious as to why, particularly in regards to LET THERE BE LOVE.

I can hardly wait to get my copies. I pre-ordered using Amazon Prime and still have not received my cds. Called Amazon and they contacted UPS and were told the package is now considered lost in route and they need to open an investigation on what happened. I now had to re-order and they say it will now be delivered on June 3rd. Just my luck. I know everyone else is enjoying their copies. The pictures and reviews are wonderful. Next time it will be Import Cds not Amazon!!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I can hardly wait to get my copies. I pre-ordered using Amazon Prime and still have not received my cds. Called Amazon and they contacted UPS and were told the package is now considered lost in route and they need to open an investigation on what happened. I now had to re-order and they say it will now be delivered on June 3rd. Just my luck. I know everyone else is enjoying their copies. The pictures and reviews are wonderful. Next time it will be Import Cds not Amazon!!
    Amazon didn't lose your package, though. It's UPS. UPS has this problem all too frequently. They're horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    Amazon didn't lose your package, though. It's UPS. UPS has this problem all too frequently. They're horrible.
    That's true. I really prefer regular USPS.

Can anyone tell what the official release date for Europe is?
    Why do we always have to wait for several weeks after the American release date?

Just read on Amazon DE 20 july 2018

Yup, July 20th is marked for release in Germany, while it seems to be available in the UK already.

Yes, the physical release in the Netherlands is also 20 July [[as stated on the website of Concerto); the digital release was the same date as the US.

Regarding purchase point, I like to use Dusty Groove as much as possible. I find them quick and efficient and their site offers lots of titles. Buying from DG is my way of keeping smaller vendors in business.

Good Morning All,

This project was released on Friday, June 29, 2018. It is now Monday, July 2, 2018 and the Digital Booklet still isn't available on Apple Music or Amazon Music for download. Does anyone know if or when it will be available? I have friends who are interested in downloading this set, but are a bit hesitant as the digital booklet is not yet available.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Thank you sup_fan! I highly value your assessment of the details. This helps me to make a decision. Can you tell us about any sonic anomalies for the few audiophiles among us?
    hehehe more than welcome soul i was going to provide a detailed, measure by measure analysis of each song. or equally as useful would be to copy everyone and simply post "yeah i got it in the mail!!" As treasured as those personal announcements are, i figured i'd share my thoughts and comments, see who agrees or disagrees and hopefully spark a dialog among the fans

The Supremes Sing Motown is the cover of the booklet. I guess you could slide the whole booklet into a jewel box case and it would be your cover.
    I'm happy to have the choice. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rican Struction View Post
    Good Morning All,

This project was released on Friday, June 29, 2018. It is now Monday, July 2, 2018 and the Digital Booklet still isn't available on Apple Music or Amazon Music for download. Does anyone know if or when it will be available? I have friends who are interested in downloading this set, but are a bit hesitant as the digital booklet is not yet available.
    As a Puerto Rican - I love your username!

George,
    My copy arrived in today's mail. I've been reading the booklets- great stuff!
    However I do have a question: Mention was made of Mary & Flo recording vocals [[background, I presume) for "I'm Late" on Jan. 28, 1967. If the Disney sessions are part of a future expanded edition [[Reflections or other), is it likely that the song will be included, even though it appears that Diana did not record her vocals to the track? Or did she record them at some point after the Supremes Sing HDH timeline ends?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSupreme View Post
    As a Puerto Rican - I love your username!
    Thanks LoveSupreme!!!

Just got my CDs. All I can say is Wow. It is so beautiful and the 2 booklets are amazing and gorgeous. I will be listening to the CDs all night. I can not thank everyone enough who put this project together. Especially George and Andy. Thank you, thank you. You guys really outdid yourselves. I'm loving it!!

There ain't a clunker in the bunch. Truly some of the finest music in pop music. I wish the younger generation could hear this. Diana would be soooo appreciated by them.

Finally got my shipping confirmation. On the way.

Many thanks to import CD my copy has arrived this morning in the UK excellent service would recommend them
    That's work done today gonna sit and let this amazing music transport me back in time

I'm curious, was an alternate take ever found in the vaults of 'There's No Stopping Us Now' with a better sax break? I'm wondering what the story is behind the awful sax 'squeak' in that song, and why it was left in the final version.

A few things to listen for... "You Keep Me Hangin' On," background vocals come in sooner on the mono mix and it has a longer fade. "Turn To Stone" longer mono fade, "Same Old Song" longer fade on the stereo mix. "Going Down For The Third Time," only Mary and Flo on the mono, some additional Andantes vocals on the stereo mix [[The same with "Heat Wave.") "Remove This Doubt," back ups muted for part of the fade on the mono mix. "Love Is In Our Hearts," different lead vocals on the mono and stereo mixes. Anyone else, feel free to jump in.
    thanks George,will have another listen