[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Awesome track list! I’m especially excited about the extended versions of various album tracks. Definitely worth the wait...

This will be amazing as usual. It's so good to trust people like George, Andy & Harry to deliver these incredible sets.

glad they've added in the longer version of You Can't Hurry Love. I'm assuming this is the version released on the Japanese greatest hits and includes the edited bridge between chorus 2 and verse 2. was odd they didn't include this on A Go Go but better late than never

I'm surprised they aren't including more versions of YKMHO.

original single mix
    stereo lp mix
    #1 mix - this includes the hard-stop ending and the extra chorus in the middle of the song
    The Motown Story mix - this has M and F repeating the chorus at the end

There are a few different versions of the song where the background vocals start in different places. As recorded, M and F sing the chorus at the beginning and then their famous "ooos" but different versions that have been released have them starting at different times.

Fantastic news. Now once we see the photo it's onward and upward to June.🙂🙂🙂

Here is the official press release:
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300638444.html

Revisiting my extended re-edit of YKMHO in anticipation for what is to be yet ANOTHER incredible Supremes deluxe set [[Sing H-D-H is probably my favourite Supremes album of all time, so to say I'm looking forward to this is a massive understatement.)

One of the things I'm most looking forward to from this set is an extended version of "All I Know About You". I love that song so much, but at just over 2 minutes, is barely a song frankly, so to know a longer mix of that is coming is very exciting to me. In fact, all of these extended versions are exciting me. Just a question about these extensions, are they going to feature alternate vocals or the original vocals?

Although not an H/D/H production, I am surprised that My Guy was not included as I am sure they could have remixed it for this collection. I am also surprised that It's Going All The Way To True Love wasn't included. Wasn't this Florence's last recording before leaving the group or am I wrong? Otherwise I am very excited and can not wait to get this set

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    Although not an H/D/H production, I am surprised that My Guy was not included as I am sure they could have remixed it for this collection. I am also surprised that It's Going All The Way To True Love wasn't included. Wasn't this Florence's last recording before leaving the group or am I wrong? Otherwise I am very excited and can not wait to get this set
    I hate their version of "My Guy". I can't imagine the guys being able to do anything to it to make it sound any better. As for "Going All the Way", I believe it was recorded a few weeks before Florence left. The HDH album came out in January, so the song would probably be on Reflections expanded.

I am also surprised that It's Going All The Way To True Love wasn't included.
    Maybe it will be on the Reflections Expanded?

I am so excited for this set, especially for the extended mix of "Remove This Doubt". One of my all time favourite Supremes songs. The background vocals are so awesome and haunting.

It's Going All The Way would really fall more into the Reflections lp timeline. it was recorded at the same time as In and out of love. But good call on My Guy. that was recorded in Oct 66. I know it was on the pink box set. maybe that's the only version and there wasn't any point of using a slot on these cds when other alt tunes could make the cut

Studio tracks for this set were limited to H-D-H. The tracks you mentioned will be included on the next...

Mr George how could you hint on the next one, when this one is not yet in our hands?. You should be proud of yourself.

Besides Amazon, where else can one order this CD ?
    [[Why? Jeff Bezos made $12 BILLION in one day last week.)

BTW, I am waiting breathlessly for Love Child.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    Revisiting my extended re-edit of YKMHO in anticipation for what is to be yet ANOTHER incredible Supremes deluxe set [[Sing H-D-H is probably my favourite Supremes album of all time, so to say I'm looking forward to this is a massive understatement.)

Holy catfish DJ, this is so dern hot! Did I just get burned?
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 05-01-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Studio tracks for this set were limited to H-D-H. The tracks you mentioned will be included on the next...
    Oh, George! You Keep Me Hangin' On.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I agree. When I first saw this cover years ago, I thought it was one of those other dime store record companies' releases of the Motown catalogue. In my opinion, it's not classy at all. Looks almost like it could be a cover for the C&W album [[especially the font). But that's my opinion.
    Just to clarify, my statement regarding the dime store look was directed about the cover where Florence is sitting in the middle. I love the US cover.

Currently just over £22 on pre-release on Amazon UK. Tellingly A Go Go Expanded is now half that figure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supremes-Si...remes+expanded

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Currently just over £22 on pre-release on Amazon UK. Tellingly A Go Go Expanded is now half that figure.

Every time I’ve preordered on Amazon the initial price has fallen, often by quite a bit, before the date of release.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post

Strange one this. It is a third party seller and not Amazon UK.

The cover is now up on Amazon. I've always loved this photo. The color? Not as much.
    Name:  A1zDrwEgJ8L._SX522_.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  86.4 KB

I am happy to pay whatever the cost to have these Expanded Editions in physical format.

I love the picture, and don't mind the colour of the album. It's the graininess of the picture I can't stand, it looks like an early computer graphic from something like the 1980s, LOL.

I thought there were 6 versions of YKMHO so I am also surprised more of these were not used here instead of YCHL or the Happening but I will assume it is in the time line. but looking forward to this

Also I can't wait to see the recording timelines. That's a huge knack of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I thought there were 6 versions of YKMHO so I am also surprised more of these were not used here instead of YCHL or the Happening but I will assume it is in the time line. but looking forward to this
    my thoughts exactly. the differences I've been able to identify [[aside from stereo and mono) are:

1. the hard stop ending
    2. the cut of a chorus repeat just before the bridge [[was included in the No 1 version)
    3. the various entrances/exits of F and M - there are several different versions of where they first start their background vocals and if they are repeating the choruses at the end. variations on this part seem to make up the bulk of the different iterations out there. some have the well-known Ooo-ooo-ooo's starting earlier than others.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Just ordered mine from importcds. $19.15!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Just ordered mine from importcds. $19.15!
    Importcds almost always has the best price. They are my first go-to source.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    my thoughts exactly. the differences I've been able to identify [[aside from stereo and mono) are:

1. the hard stop ending
    2. the cut of a chorus repeat just before the bridge [[was included in the No 1 version)
    3. the various entrances/exits of F and M - there are several different versions of where they first start their background vocals and if they are repeating the choruses at the end. variations on this part seem to make up the bulk of the different iterations out there. some have the well-known Ooo-ooo-ooo's starting earlier than others.
    There is an Extended Cool Alternate on the tracklist. I’m sure Andy & George will have all vocals as it was recorded play in the track.

It would be nice if Florence's family received some of the proceeds from this release.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    There is an Extended Cool Alternate on the tracklist. I’m sure Andy & George will have all vocals as it was recorded play in the track.
    Similar to what they did with LOVE IS LIKE AN ITCHING IN MY HEART?

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Similar to what they did with LOVE IS LIKE AN ITCHING IN MY HEART?
    I don’t know. I haven’t heard it, but judging by what they done in the past on previous EE’s, they pull no punches. I’m sure this along with the other Extended mixes will be just as amazing as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I don’t know. I haven’t heard it, but judging by what they done in the past on previous EE’s, they pull no punches. I’m sure this along with the other Extended mixes will be just as amazing as the others.
    The different versions put together. https://youtu.be/N3wgvwBOpFo

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    The cover is now up on Amazon. I've always loved this photo. The color? Not as much.
    Name:  A1zDrwEgJ8L._SX522_.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  86.4 KB
    With her sinuous eye contact, I would say Flo came out the winner in most connecting with the buyer holding that album cover .
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 05-05-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    With her sinuous eye contact, I would say Flo came out the winner in most connecting with the buyer holding that album cover .
    Hands down! Mary looks cute but it’s not the best shot of Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I would have to agree with you. It is not the best shot of Diana, but Flo looks relaxed and at peace with the world which is nice to see after all these years.

I'm very excited for this release and have my copy on pre-order, as most of us do! I still listen to "Go-Go" with some frequency, well disc 2 anyways.
    I believe I've shared this in the past, but one of my treasured Motown items is the original transparency from the Motown art department used to produce the cover for H-D-H. It came from the collection of a Motown employee who worked in the department. It's neat to have a couple items connected with this iconic album. I also have Lamont Dozier's BMI award for "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone", which is also a treasured piece.
    Darin

Name:  Supremes HDH.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  97.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    I'm very excited for this release and have my copy on pre-order, as most of us do! I still listen to "Go-Go" with some frequency, well disc 2 anyways.
    I believe I've shared this in the past, but one of my treasured Motown items is the original transparency from the Motown art department used to produce the cover for H-D-H. It came from the collection of a Motown employee who worked in the department. It's neat to have a couple items connected with this iconic album. I also have Lamont Dozier's BMI award for "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone", which is also a treasured piece.
    Darin

Name:  Supremes HDH.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  97.5 KB
    That's awesome. Thank you for sharing. Any other goodies?

Here's Lamont's BMI award.....that's all I have related to this album.
    Darin

Name:  BMI Award.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  98.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Here's Lamont's BMI award.....that's all I have related to this album.
    Darin

Name:  BMI Award.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  98.7 KB
    Incredible. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Don't forget about the Italian version.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Don't forget about the Italian version.
    You Keep Marinara Hangin’ On?

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    You Keep Marinara Hangin’ On?
    No that's the alternate version. I don't think it was ever released. I was referring to "You Keep Mostaccioli Hangin On". It was a huge hit in Italy and certain sections of NYC and Chicago.

You jokers!

Actually, I've heard two different versions of "Se Il Filo Spezzerai". One is Italian vocals all the way through, and the other has the first verse in Italian and the other two in English [[though only single-tracked, not double-tracked as in the original version). It's interesting, but very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    You jokers!
    Sometimes the conversations around here get so heavy. We gotta throw some jokes around every now and then.