[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Fyi there is a digital single from this collection that has been released, for download on iTunes and streaming on all major services [[Spotify, etc). It is an extended demo version of The Happening.
    Thanks, Carlo, for posting this; I had missed it when first posted.
    I found it on Spotify listed by song title but with the album listed as The Happening with a 3:26 playing time.

I would guess that CD's would start arriving this week? So exciting! Who'll get theirs first?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I would guess that CD's would start arriving this week? So exciting! Who'll get theirs first?
    Just got a notification mine has been shipped. YES!! I can't believe how excited I am to receive this cd.
    Last edited by caliluv; 06-26-2018 at 05:10 PM.

I received notification of shipment as well [[importcds). Very excited, remembering when I bought the album new more than a half a century ago! Time does fly. Thanks to Andy, George, Kevin and everyone else involved in making this vision a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I received notification of shipment as well [[importcds). Very excited, remembering when I bought the album new more than a half a century ago! Time does fly. Thanks to Andy, George, Kevin and everyone else involved in making this vision a reality.
    I also ordered from importcds, but, haven't heard peep from them? Maybe they're filling orders as they came in? Enjoy yours!

Woohoo! My 2 copies shipped this morning. Can.not.wait.

My order page from Amazon US just says "Arriving June 29". I hope that stays true. I'm leaving on a short vacation on Saturday morning and would love to have this transferred to my MP3 player for the flight.

I am not Amazon Prime, so the arrival date for me is july 5

Amazon just billed my credit card. Says arriving on the 29th. I am so excited!! Thanks George and Andy. Love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Amazon just billed my credit card. Says arriving on the 29th. I am so excited!! Thanks George and Andy. Love you guys.
    Mine arrives Friday too. Yes, even though I've had it for over 6 months I still buy some. Every sale helps. LOL.
    For those who are going to do the digital download, please check to see if the digital booklet is there. It might not be there the first day. [[June 29) But SHOULD be there every day after. So please confirm before you buy. And many thanks to everyone. We hope you love it.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I also ordered from importcds, but, haven't heard peep from them? Maybe they're filling orders as they came in? Enjoy yours!
    I'm surprised you haven't received notice from importcds yet, they've come through for me every time. No problems ever. I did order mine the first day they were accepting pre-orders, so maybe they are filling orders chronologically. But I definitely won't be the first to receive it because I did not pay for expedited shipping. We'll all have it soon enough, and that will be wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't received notice from importcds yet, they've come through for me every time. No problems ever. I did order mine the first day they were accepting pre-orders, so maybe they are filling orders chronologically. But I definitely won't be the first to receive it because I did not pay for expedited shipping. We'll all have it soon enough, and that will be wonderful!
    I just got notified this afternoon! Whew! I didn't get expedited shipping, either. Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I just got notified this afternoon! Whew! I didn't get expedited shipping, either. Soon!
    Very soon! So cool.

Ordered mine two days ago. Waiting for notifications.

That is my arrival time too.

Amazon shipped my two copies last night and they are arriving tomorrow [[Friday) via UPS. Hurry tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Amazon shipped my two copies last night and they are arriving tomorrow [[Friday) via UPS. Hurry tomorrow!
    DanMan, I haven't gotten a shipping notice from Amazon, but my orders page now says "Arriving tomorrow by 8:00pm". That should mean that they'll deliver it to my office by 3:00pm tomorrow!!!

Mine says it should be arriving by 11 PM tomorrow...hurray! For once, Amazon Canada got it right and I don't need to wait an extra week...

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    DanMan, I haven't gotten a shipping notice from Amazon, but my orders page now says "Arriving tomorrow by 8:00pm". That should mean that they'll deliver it to my office by 3:00pm tomorrow!!!
    I hera ya, Thom! Mine shipped from the Midwest US via UPS, so at least I know UPS usually delivers by noontime in my area. If it was Amazon’s in-house Delivery service, it could be like Carlo and arrive any time up to 11PM! Hope you get yours in time for your trip! And Carlo, I am glad our dear Canadian neighbors don’t have to wait. Wish our European pals didn’t have to either!

My two copies from Amazon will be in my hands tomorrow [[Friday).

Ordered mine from ImportCDs. Looks like mine is awaiting a tracking number but it says it's been handed off for shipping. Looking forward so much to this release!

I hera ya, Thom! Mine shipped from the Midwest US via UPS, so at least I know UPS usually delivers by noontime in my area. If it was Amazon’s in-house Delivery service, it could be like Carlo and arrive any time up to 11PM! Hope you get yours in time for your trip! And Carlo, I am glad our dear Canadian neighbors don’t have to wait. Wish our European pals didn’t have to either!
    I tell ya, I'm as excited for this one as I was for A Go Go. I admit that Sing H-D-H is one of my favorite Motown albums. Now, can we all agree that this has been the slowest day in the entire year - so far???

If you are a Facebook follower of the "Diana Ross & The Supremes: Expanded Editions" page, you'll see that they posted what appears to be a picture/likeness of a page from the booklet that tells recording information about the tracks from the original HDH album. As with other edition's booklets, lots of information I didn't know is included.

Amazon says mine will arrive by 9pm on Friday! Yay!

#supremessinghdh

And it’s up on iTunes! I’m holding out for physical, though. Great time to be a DRATS fan!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    And it’s up on iTunes! I’m holding out for physical, though. Great time to be a DRATS fan!
    I appreciate that A Go Go and now HDH have been available as physical CD's. Next to the others, it's really starting to look like an impressive collection!

Of course I'm still holding out hope that someday Funny Girl will be pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I appreciate that A Go Go and now HDH have been available as physical CD's. Next to the others, it's really starting to look like an impressive collection!

Of course I'm still holding out hope that someday Funny Girl will be pressed.
    You said it! And, as George so kindly warned us, the digital booklet was not up when I checked. All the more reason to go physical.

I couldn't wait till mine arrives later today so I'm listening now on iTunes

11:30 p.m. here in L.A and was about to turn in when I saw the e-mail that my pre-order is now available. Don't have to work tomorrow but wouldn't matter if I did. Amazon physical copy is arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to see it, hold it and open the booklet.
    Just starting to listen from the beginning [[Mono!). Whole flood of memories and feelings. Back in the eighth grade and it's amazing how smart and prescient I was to know already that Motown was the best and would last and be with me forever.
    Mother You, Smother You thrills me again with the swirling strings behind the pounding Motown beat. I'll Turn To Stone sounds even better than I remembered. [[Even think I prefer this to the Tops' version - sorry, Levi). Can't wait to get to Going Down and Remove This Doubt. Okay, gotta listen....

And Carlo, I am glad our dear Canadian neighbors don’t have to wait. Wish our European pals didn’t have to either!
    Thanks Dan! Can't wait In the meantime, I will be spoiling myself by pre-listening on Spotify

Yes, hope our fellow fans in the UK don't have to wait much longer. Despite it not being on Amazon UK yet, I believe there are a handful of other sites they can order it from. I can understand that frustration because there are plenty of UK releases I've had to wait weeks for, after the release date.

I am in heaven with the "Remove This Doubt" Extended Mix! The extended background vocal fade out is so wonderful! This has been one of my all-time favourite Supremes songs since I was a kid. Such a beautifully haunting song with the piano and backup vocals. Diana does a stellar job with her performance as well.

I noticed there is a gruffy "HELLO!" that is shouted at the beginning of My Favourite Things [[from the Copa). Is that Flo? lol.

Hmmh.. Spotify identifies track 4 of cd 2, 'You're Gone [[But Always In My Heart)' as by Gladys Knight & the Pips. Obviously someone didn't read the memo concerning the final revision of tracks.

The reconstructed i.e. extended mix of 'Going Down For The Third Time' is simply amazing.
    And all the studio chatter on several selections is just plain fun!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you, Andy, George, Harry & Kevin.

Listening to the extended version of "Going Down" with earbuds...I don't know where I've been all of these years, but I am just noticing some very quiet background "ooohs" throughout the verses, when Diana is singing. I don't know how I never noticed this before? It seems that they aren't present in the mono mix and they're fairly quiet in the stereo version. I think this new extended version makes them pop out a bit more. Nice to discover something new

alanbill1074 Guest
    Is it getting a physical UK release? I always end up importing a copy and then the U.K. release arrives. I’m confused why we can buy it digitally but not physically here. I have to get it for completeness although I’m not terribly desperate for this one so can wait a bit if it’s imminent.
    Last edited by alanbill1074; 06-29-2018 at 10:16 AM.

I love Flo's soulful "No, no, no!" in the fade out of "We Couldn't Get Along Without You"!

I am really loving version 3 of Love is Here, so many gems and everything is crisp and clear. The hits medley is even refreshing. Flo almost got happy during the live I hear a symphony. That chatter at the end of I Guess I'll always Love you is too funny. This is another stellar release

Quote Originally Posted by CoolKatz View Post
    Flo almost got happy during the live I hear a symphony.
    Yes! She was takin' it to church and was getting ready to collect an offering!!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    11:30 p.m. here in L.A and was about to turn in when I saw the e-mail that my pre-order is now available. Don't have to work tomorrow but wouldn't matter if I did. Amazon physical copy is arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to see it, hold it and open the booklet.
    Just starting to listen from the beginning [[Mono!). Whole flood of memories and feelings. Back in the eighth grade and it's amazing how smart and prescient I was to know already that Motown was the best and would last and be with me forever.
    Mother You, Smother You thrills me again with the swirling strings behind the pounding Motown beat. I'll Turn To Stone sounds even better than I remembered. [[Even think I prefer this to the Tops' version - sorry, Levi). Can't wait to get to Going Down and Remove This Doubt. Okay, gotta listen....
    Absolutely not. Diana isn't capable of doing a song better than the Tops. The track is rushed and messy.

Ross’ Shake Me, Wake Me is often considered superior to The a Tops and I agree hands down - also Baby I Need Your Loving has a lot of votes.

For those who can't wait [[and if you are outside the US), I see that the HDH expanded edition is already up on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7kkeRLIVzBjW7M

[[Note you'll need to download the ProxyFlow browser extension if you wish to hear outside the US).

Cheers

Paul

I'm loving this expanded edition but I'm a little confused as to why "You Can't Hurry Love [[Extended Alternate Version) is included in this set, shouldn't it have been included on A Go-Go Expanded Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSupreme View Post
    I'm loving this expanded edition but I'm a little confused as to why "You Can't Hurry Love [[Extended Alternate Version) is included in this set, shouldn't it have been included on A Go-Go Expanded Edition?
    We mentioned this in the liner notes... We originally planned it for A Go Go. In fact, some early track lists included it but we ran out of room. We had room here on HDH and since it's another HDH hit we included it. I guess anyone can add it to their A Go Go playlist if they want. We did a similar thing with "Ain't No Mountain" including an alternate on the Surrender Expanded. I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Thank you!

That's explained in the booklet. They wanted it on A Go Go but ran out of space. They had the room for it on this release.

This expanded edition is beyond magnificent. Tears are running down my face. That woman and her music meant so much to me growing up. This edition's sound is crystal clear and crisp like I have never heard it before. Diana sounds more magnificent than ever. WOW
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 06-29-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Diana's vocal on the mono version of You Keep Me Hangin' On is possibly the greatest vocal in pop music history. That woman was on fire! She was rocking it! She was sooooo on-point, it was ridiculous. No one could ever better that performance. Impossible.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 06-29-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Diana's vocals were ALWAYS smack-dab on the beat or a teeny-tiny bit ahead of the beat. That was her style and I loved it. But, on Going Down for the Third Time, at 1:44, she is a tad bit late coming in when she says, "Reach out your hand for me...." I wonder if she momentarily got lost and missed her usual cue? If so, she instantly recovered which demonstrated her innate brilliance.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 06-29-2018 at 05:39 PM.

This set is just so well done. Just got mine a few minutes ago and listening through it. The artwork, liner notes, tracks...all of it is done so well. Many, many thanks to George, Andy and the team. You keep me hanging on!

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    This set is just so well done. Just got mine a few minutes ago and listening through it. The artwork, liner notes, tracks...all of it is done so well. Many, many thanks to George, Andy and the team. You keep me hanging on!
    How did some of you get your copy so early?

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    How did some of you get your copy so early?
    I'm not sure. Mine is coming much earlier than expected as well. I Pre-ordered on Friday the 22nd and release date is the 29th and mine is arriving Saturday the 30th and I chose regular/free shipping too. Very weird but very very excited. Can't wait to clean and do laundry tomorrow listening to The Supremes Sing HDH Expanded :-)