[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

The Supremes Sing HDH [Expanded 2CD Edition] - 6/15/2018

No tracklist yet but at least we have a date for the Deluxe Edition of Supremes Sing HDH; 6/15/2018!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CNC32B8/?tag=imwan-20

Motown Eddie. Thank you for posting. This is so very exciting.

Let the vapors flow.... I can not wait.

In audio CD too!

Wow, OK Andy and George, cat is out of the bag! Track list please. One of my favorites and can't wait!

I just pre-ordered it.

Wow. This is fantastic news. Can't wait to see a photo. Thanks for the great work.

We didn't have to wait long in between release. It does feel like forever since we're all so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    Wow, OK Andy and George, cat is out of the bag! Track list please. One of my favorites and can't wait!
    That poor cat has been in that bag far too long! We have to wait until Universal puts out the official press release for the track list and it should be within days. We're so happy it's almost here.

[QUOTE=George Solomon;454297]That poor cat has been in that bag far too long! We have to wait until Universal puts out the official press release for the track list and it should be within days. We're so happy it's almost here.[/QUOTE

Thank you George. I can hardly wait. I know it will be so amazing.

Much gratitude to everyone involved in making this happen! One of Diana Ross & The Supremes best albums.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    That poor cat has been in that bag far too long! We have to wait until Universal puts out the official press release for the track list and it should be within days. We're so happy it's almost here.
    As usual, I can't express how grateful I am that you, Andy, Kevin and the team bring us these reissues. I know we fans can be demanding, cranky, obstinate, etc. and you have no control over decisions about release dates, but that all seems to go away once we know for sure it is coming. I hope we get many more Christmases like this.

Also, I would like it on 8 track tape and won't settle for anything less.
    [[j/k, of course).

Yes! Yes! Yes! Can't wait!

Thank you George! I await the track list and have pre ordered

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    So are we George. You will have to give a copy to Diana next time you catch her in Vegas ha ha!

Fab news. Looking forward to this.

Supremes
    Supremes Sing Holland Dozier Holland [[expanded edition – with bonus tracks)

CD [[Item 882750) Motown, 1966 — Condition: New Copy

Add to
    Watch List
    On June 15, 2018
    CD

One of the best-ever albums by the Supremes – and filled with stone classics, to boot! As the title states, Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard team up with Holland Dozier Holland – and they really to create the sound that would put them and Motown on the map. A couple of the biggest hits are laid down, but album also features tracks that are arguably even better to hear these days – as they spin out that quintessential Motown sound but aren't hampered by the ubiquity of the oldies radio staples! Titles include "You Keep Me Hanging On", "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone", "I Guess I'll Always Love You", "I'll Turn To Stone", "It's The Same Old Song", "Love Is In Our Hearts", 'There's No Stopping Us Now" and "Love Is Like A Heatwave". © 1996-2018, Dusty Groove, Inc.
    Last edited by lakeside; 04-27-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Any news on the expanded "Ross" 78 which was supposed to come out this year as well?

just ordered mine
    I think Ross 78 may be held back until sept for the 40th anniversary but then again Universal seems to make us wait ,...and wait and wait.
    SING HDH has been done for months

I suspect Ross 78 expanded will once again be a download only edition.

Can't wait for this one. Hope Andy & George have started on the next, which I suspect should be Reflections Expanded Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I suspect Ross 78 expanded will once again be a download only edition.
    I sure hope not. I really love to have physical product.

Is the Reflections LP the last to have a mono mix? Or was the stereo just folded down for territories like the UK?

I've never liked the Sing HDH artwork - or at least the artwork as I've seen it on the internet. The image of the trio looks so grainy, like something out of a homemade newsletter.

The UK "Supremes Sing Motown" cover looked much better to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    I've never liked the Sing HDH artwork - or at least the artwork as I've seen it on the internet. The image of the trio looks so grainy, like something out of a homemade newsletter.
    I had thought about this earlier. I agree with you, the artwork is not top shelf. It would be great to see the pictures of the Supremes as well as HDH on a new cover of the proposed release.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Is the Reflections LP the last to have a mono mix? Or was the stereo just folded down for territories like the UK?
    It is the last Supremes LP to be mixed in both mono and stereo. I have never heard the mono mix of the album although I do know "Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things)" has an alternate vocal on the mono album. I have two LP's of Reflections and they're both in stereo. The early 90's CD issue was the stereo mix.

I’m surprised about the comments regarding the cover

I recall Rolling Stone said it was a great cover featuring three strong black women and I’ve always thought it was a classic look

And looking at it again, the standout is Mary although Diana looks strong too

They should've used the actual photo and not those pesky effects that make my eyes hurt.

In the Netherlands we got this cover:Name:  28685486_2057494584462504_7827852533818804394_n.jpg
Views: 3271
Size:  9.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    In the Netherlands we got this cover:Name:  28685486_2057494584462504_7827852533818804394_n.jpg
    I love the original US album cover. I don't care for this one. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    It is the last Supremes LP to be mixed in both mono and stereo. I have never heard the mono mix of the album although I do know "Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things)" has an alternate vocal on the mono album. I have two LP's of Reflections and they're both in stereo. The early 90's CD issue was the stereo mix.
    Actually there was a mono mix of the album "Love Child", and the album "Diana Ross & The Supremes Sing & Perform Funny Girl". I believe they were white label DJ Promotional copies. On the mono "Love Child" album there's a mono mix of the alternate version of "I'll Set You Free" that's in stereo on Diana Ross & The Supremes- Supreme Rarities Motown Lost & Found.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I love the original US album cover. I don't care for this one. IMHO
    I agree. When I first saw this cover years ago, I thought it was one of those other dime store record companies' releases of the Motown catalogue. In my opinion, it's not classy at all. Looks almost like it could be a cover for the C&W album [[especially the font). But that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by brothadc View Post
    Actually there was a mono mix of the album "Love Child", and the album "Diana Ross & The Supremes Sing & Perform Funny Girl". I believe they were white label DJ Promotional copies. On the mono "Love Child" album there's a mono mix of the alternate version of "I'll Set You Free" that's in stereo on Diana Ross & The Supremes- Supreme Rarities Motown Lost & Found.
    I also have a mono version of DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES JOIN THE TEMPTATIONS.

I don't think it is a dj promo as most of those that I have placed a black mono sticker over the STEREO logo. But in this case, MONO is actually printed on the album cover, right above the Motown logo.

Quote Originally Posted by brothadc View Post
    The white label DJ promotional copies were mono fold downs of the stereo album.

Love the US cover of HDH and I wouldn't had it any other way. That picture immortalized them kind of like the one that was done with Hall and Oats. I remember so many folks talking about it. The Gold background signifying Gold Records/Music and the girls staring at you as if to say we finally made it.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Jack 020,

That cover you posted was used, here, in the UK. This is the slightly different pose of the group used for the Dutch release:-

Ivor

Yes I agree - they were immortalized in the original album cover picture

I got this album the week it came out... the cover sticks in my mind as the ultimate , group mind set, 'here we are, mo fo, you wanna come for us, just try!!"..Love the cover to death, everyone who doesn't can just get over theyselves!!! [[haha, yes, I know what i said...mo fo!!!)

Always loved this cover. After all it was the 60s but that photo is very iconic. I take it that "Sing Rodgers & Hart" will be bypassed since it was released in its entirety? Be great to have a reissue in digipak but happy to get this. Reflections should be an awesome set also but what about those misc. sets and the live albums? Any input or George if you're watching? Not to mention TCB & GIT.....

Name:  supremes8 copy copy.jpg
Views: 3324
Size:  48.9 KB
    Last edited by nathanj06; 04-29-2018 at 01:18 PM.

One of the mock covers for Sing HDH was the live shot of the girls with their arms in the air at the Fairmont Hotel and "The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland" text in the upper left corner. The photo of the girls would be used on the back of the Sing Rodgers & Hart album.

The image looks way better sans grain and less cropped, as above.

I could deal with the grainy image if the background actually were gold, rather than a sandy yellow or... buttermilk yellow as it tends to appear.

A gold, glistening background would look great against the plain black of the image and text.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    Always loved this cover. After all it was the 60s but that photo is very iconic. I take it that "Sing Rodgers & Hart" will be bypassed since it was released in its entirety? Be great to have a reissue in digipak but happy to get this. Reflections should be an awesome set also but what about those misc. sets and the live albums? Any input or George if you're watching? Not to mention TCB & GIT.....

Name:  supremes8 copy copy.jpg
Views: 3324
Size:  48.9 KB
    I too would love to see Rogers & Hart with the mono/stereo and unreleased recordings in one collection.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    I too would love to see Rogers & Hart with the mono/stereo and unreleased recordings in one collection.
    That's one of my requests too! I've never heard the mono mix of the album. The only LP's I've come across was the stereo mix.

Disc One: Mono & Stereo albums
    Disc Two: Brand new mixes of all 25 tracks from the sessions

You all got me curious. Just checking my copies of RODGERS AND HART. I have a mono and a stereo copy.

Official press release for Supremes Sing HDH!

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...anded-reissue/

I just saw the tracklisting on the Facebook group, and damn it looks good! Can't wait for June 15 now!!!

Pre-order The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland!

The complete track listing for the expanded album is as follows:

Disc 1

Original Mono [[1-12) and Stereo [[13-24) LPs

01./13. You Keep Me Hangin’ On

02./14. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart)

03./15. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone

04./16. Mother You, Smother You

05./17. I Guess I’ll Always Love You

06./18. I’ll Turn To Stone

07./19. It’s The Same Old Song

08./20. Going Down For The Third Time

09./21. Love Is In Our Hearts

10./22. Remove This Doubt

11./23. There’s No Stopping Us Now

12./24. [[Love Is Like A) Heat Wave

Bonus Tracks

25. The Happening [[Extended hit mix)

26. All I Know About You [[Extended mix)

27. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone [[Version 3)

28. We Couldn’t Get Along Without You [[Extended mix)

29. You Keep Me Hangin’ On [[Extended “cool” alternate)

Disc 2

01. You Can’t Hurry Love [[Extended alternate)

02. The Happening [[Film versions)

03. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone [[Version 1)

04. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) [[Gladys Knight and The Pips Duet mix)

05. I Guess I’ll Always Love You [[Extended mix)

06. Going Down For The Third Time [[Extended mix)

07. Remove This Doubt [[Extended mix)

08. I Can’t Help Myself [[Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) – Where Did Our Love Go [[Motown Mashup)

Live At The Copa May 1967

09. Put On A Happy Face

10. Medley: Stop! In The Name Of Love/Come See About Me/My World Is Empty Without You/Baby Love

11. My Favorite Things

12. You Keep Me Hangin’ On

13. The Lady Is A Tramp/Let’s Get Away From It All

14. I Hear A Symphony

15. From This Moment On

16. Queen Of The House

17. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone

18. Somewhere

19. You Can’t Hurry Love

20. Medley: Thoroughly Modern Millie/Second Hand Rose/Mame

21. Group Introductions

22. You’re Nobody Til Somebody Loves You