[REMOVE ADS]

The Three Degrees

The Three Degrees

Are there any THREE DEGREES fans out there? I am a huge fan myself and have tried to find as many of their recordings as possible. I have all of the albums/CD's in one form or another, but I have never seen a full discography on the group. I would love to see a listing of all their non-LP singles; those records they made for various labels before they connected with Roulette in the early 70's. Can anyone share this info? Please!

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    The Three Degrees

Are there any THREE DEGREES fans out there? I am a huge fan myself and have tried to find as many of their recordings as possible. I have all of the albums/CD's in one form or another, but I have never seen a full discography on the group. I would love to see a listing of all their non-LP singles; those records they made for various labels before they connected with Roulette in the early 70's. Can anyone share this info? Please!
    You might have already looked at this but their Wikipedia entry has a singles listing after their album releases toward the bottom of their page. It starts in 1965 and doesn't list labels - and I have no idea how complete this is. You might cross reference it with their listing at Discogs.com to find more info for each release.

LOVE my 3D. The Swann recordings were collected on a nice CD a while back.

This link might be of interest:

http://www.45cat.com/artist/the-three-degrees

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    The Three Degrees

I love them too. They have remained popular throughout Europe and Japan despite being all but forgotten in their homeland. That is so sad. I have seen them live here in the UK on many occasions, and have never been disappointed.

There was a very long thread on here about them a number of years ago.

Big fan here also though I came to the party late. RIP Fayette.

I'm a big fan of Philly Soul and, of course, of the stuff Three Degrees recorded for PIR. I have had two of the three vynil albums they recorded for the company: The selftitled one entitled "Three Degrees"; "Take Good Care Of Yourself" [[that was published under two other different titles: "With Love" and "International"); the other I never have had is "Three Degrees Live".

On the book included on the 10 CD package of the PIR 40th Aniversary, there's a exhaustive Philly Mighty Three labels discography and there's a picture of one album called "Three Degrees 6 MFSB Show" [[!!??); Also, there's some Philly Intl. compilations on wich there's included "Toast Of Love" that I think belongs to te first album for Epic they recorded after leavigng PIR [["Standing Up For Love").

Previously their contract for PIR they realised a single on Neptune in 1970, "What I See" and the same year they published the 45 "Collage" on another label [[I have it on the UK Jazz - Soul label "Philadelphia Roots, Vol. 2" CD and here only says who is the owner of the copyright, EMI Records)

I lost my interest in the group since they adopted the "euro-disco" sound with Georgio Moroder and their samsh disco hit "Givin' Up Givin' In".

Cheers to all.

I, too, am a huge fan of Philly Soul -- and, especially, the Three Degrees. My favorite line-up was Sheila, Valerie, and Fayette. Man, those girls could sing! And, the amazing thing about the Three Degrees is that, no matter which group members would come and go over the years, their harmony blend remained exactly the same. I don't know how they managed such a feat, but they did. Their on-stage presence was magnetic, and their gowns were among the classiest as well. How America could ignore and forget such immaculate talent is beyond me. At least the U.K. fans treat 'em right.

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    I love the 3 Degrees! So many beautiful songs and such stylish, classy, intelligent, beautiful ladies! When Will I see You Again is a classic, but I also love Take Good Care of YOurself but since I am always being sexually harassed by horrible old men and have been since I was a teenager, I love the song Dirty Ol' Man. [[I think that song should be sung at Gordy, couldn't you see that Diana was not old enough?)

My two absolute favorites by these three beautiful womans and vocalists have been allways in a second plain and totally under airplayed [[here in Spain): "I Did'tn Know" and "Long Lost Lover" an uptempo and a midtempo, both full of great vocals and orchestration, with dynamic bass - lines, specially the second one, my absoulte favorite from the "Take Good Care Of Yourself" album. When they performed in spanish TV shows and some concerts, never played none of these two songs.

I'm fond of their two Giorgio Moroder stewarded projects.

This is disconets 1980 reworking of SET ME FREE

Isn’t some of the reason for their lesser popularity in USA due to the problem they had in years past with using their name legally? They couldn’t really tour in US as The Three Degrees for quite awhile.