[REMOVE ADS]

I Don't Want to Do Wrong

This is one of those "throwing the shoe at the stage yelling 'SANG'" songs lmao

One of my favorite songs. I'm glad she has started including it her show again.

A great song and a brilliant performance. 'But then again, my dear ...' SICK BURN!!

"I Don't Want To Do Wrong" is one of Gladys Knight & the Pips greatest! The group was on a serious roll of hits at that time in the early '70s.

One of my favorites. But I actually prefer Love, Peace and Happiness' version ever so slightly.

Love this song by Gladys & The Pips! I'm not familiar with Love, Peace & Happiness so I shall check their version out RanRan.

Just seen on their album Here 'Tis there is a track called "Stay [[Just A Little Bit Longer)"... do you know if this the same song as "Stay A Little Longer" by Yvonne Fair...??! *fingers crossed!*

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Love this song by Gladys & The Pips! I'm not familiar with Love, Peace & Happiness so I shall check their version out RanRan.

Just seen on their album Here 'Tis there is a track called "Stay [[Just A Little Bit Longer)"... do you know if this the same song as "Stay A Little Longer" by Yvonne Fair...??! *fingers crossed!*
    Yup, same cut and the group killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Yup, same cut and the group killed it.

Ooh I like it Ran. Not as much as Yvonne's original though, I love the build up on that one too much... not to mention Yvonne's "ooh-wa-hee, ooh-wa-hah!!!!" moment... which version do you prefer?
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-23-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Y'all do know Gladys and the Pips and Kat of the Marvelettes wrote it, right?

Here's GK&TP's live performance of it:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7zck4

I had to highlink this because you can't embed Dailymotion lol
    Last edited by midnightman; 04-23-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Y'all do know Gladys and the Pips and Kat of the Marvelettes wrote it, right?

Here's GK&TP's live performance of it:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7zck4

I had to highlink this because you can't embed Dailymotion lol
    Yes I know; Kat Anderson co-wrote "I Don't Want To Do Wrong" and there was also a big snit over it [[detailed in The Marvelettes book) and she vowed never to write [[or co-write) another song.