[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Cuba cooding

Cool Cuba cooding

Well, Im sure EVERYONE knows his VERY talented actor son, but how many people are aware of his VERY soulful, talented father. After years of taking THE MAIN INGREDIENT to the upper elechons of the R & B charts, and crossing over POP too, he made a couple of solo albums for Motown. The First Cuba Gooding Album, and Love Dancer. They did not sell too well, being DISCO\ oriented, and released in the disco backlash era. I dug them out recently, and they have held up pretty well. Classic Disco seems to having a bit of a resurgence here. No more burning Donna Summer en masse..Paulo XXXX

Paulo

Cuba still has that crystal-clear voice & still sounds great today.

I never got into his Disco music, primarily because I wasn't crazy about his remake of 'Happiness Is Just Around The Bend'. Perhaps I need to check them out.Sometimes the passage of time allows one to hear music differently.

Cuba is definitely a great artist & is still sounding wonderful.

I have his "Love Dancer" L.P. on Motown, maybe its time I gave it another spin as I can't have played it in over 20 years.

I love the MAIN INGREDIENT material, and was playing a C.D. toofer I have of theirs "I Only Have Eyes For You"/"Shame On The World" only two days back. Expansion records in the U.K. released it in 2008.

The first track on "I Only Have Eyes For You" is "Evening Of Love" which has been a popular "modern soul" track in Britain for decades. The L.P. was produced by PATRICK ADAMS, which is always a mark of quality as far as I'm concerned.

The "Shame on the World" L.P. contains "Let Me Prove My Love To You" which ALICIA KEYES sampled to create the music for her "You Don't Know My Name" mega-hit.

I always think its funny how CUBA GOODING's son's name has changed over the years .. he always used to be called CUBA GOODING THE SECOND .. now he is merely CUBA GOODING, having become better known than his father.

Roger

Good Music always wins out..Paulo xxx