[REMOVE ADS]

I'll never hear the bells if you leave me...

Man, Marvin was on such a creative mindset between 1969 and 1973, wasn't he?!

This is probably his best production of another act that wasn't himself. Always preferred this over Baby I'm For Real [[dope track too) for some reason.

Great track Midnight Man and funny I do prefer The Bells. However Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers version of The Bells [[Baby I'm for Real) tops both those tracks for me.

Hell yeah, "The Bells" is everything. One of my all time favorite songs period.

Laura Nyro’s version is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Laura Nyro’s version is my favorite.
    That's a great version too. Patti Labelle has a nice live version also. But for me nothing gets better than the Originals.

Just found this version today by Color Me Badd who had some big hits in the early 90s. I was a fan of "I Wanna Sex You Up" but was never crazy about anything else they did. Their version of "The Bells" came out in 1994 but I never heard it. It's actually pretty nice. It's just missing that certain thing that the original version has or even Laura Nyro's version. But it's a worthy cover.

And here they are on MTV Jams singing "The Bells" acapella and killin it.

Sad we ain't got footage of the original group performing this.

Fun fact: Patti and her girls in Labelle sung the background on Laura's version.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Sad we ain't got footage of the original group performing this.

Fun fact: Patti and her girls in Labelle sung the background on Laura's version.
    Not with live vocals, but there is their performance of "The Bells" on Soul Train. As for Labelle, yes, they did the backgrounds on the entire album. One of the classics.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Not with live vocals, but there is their performance of "The Bells" on Soul Train. As for Labelle, yes, they did the backgrounds on the entire album. One of the classics.
    Besides that lol

Such a great song. Took me a while to warm to it initially but I love it as much as "Baby, I'm For Real", if not more now!!! Marvin was really good with these guys, and they were just really good in general

I'll try and check out the other versions of the track too...