[REMOVE ADS]

Detroit soul remixes

Name:  detroit.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  44.1 KB

There is song on this album that I have always been curious about the singer. Her name is Rose Banks. Is this the same Rose Banks related to Sly Stone of Sly and the Family Stone? Whatever happen to her ?

Hi james, I believe this is an album of Motorcity recordings [[by former Motown artists) produced by Ian Levine. Rose Banks who is on the album with a cover of "You Keep Me Hangin' On" is indeed Rose Stone, she had an album out on Motown in 1976 called Rose. I'm not sure what she did after that but it was her only solo album, and I guess she went back into the studio briefly to record "You Keep Me Hangin' On" sometime in the late '80s/early '90s.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-16-2018 at 02:58 PM.

WOW very interesting
    Amazing she was all Funk with Sly and then moved over to Motown.

In recent years Rose Stone [[along with her daughter Lisa Stone and former Motown artist Tata Vega) has toured with Elton John as a backing singer.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    WOW very interesting
    Amazing she was all Funk with Sly and then moved over to Motown.
    Well you say that james but her Motown album was pretty damn funky too!! In fact I'm pretty sure Sly was involved with it as well, although not officially or legally

My favourite track is "Whole New Thing" which is very funkay...