[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hi fran, I wouldn't say people are hating on marv, just questioning his source of information, how he knows so much. This is a perfectly legitimate question in my opinion, particularly on an Internet forum.
    Apparently you're not allowed to question Marv, which is why I've been "banished". Lol I went ahead and blocked him too since there's no use in reading someone's comments that won't see my responses. I also blocked a couple of his biggest allies since they are all birds of feather, including the one you are referencing in your post. I think things will become more fun now that we can focus on the music.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Apparently you're not allowed to question Marv, which is why I've been "banished". Lol I went ahead and blocked him too since there's no use in reading someone's comments that won't see my responses. I also blocked a couple of his biggest allies since they are all birds of feather, including the one you are referencing in your post. I think things will become more fun now that we can focus on the music.
    Ohhh Ran, I shall miss your, erm, conversations with Marv from now on then. Totally understand your actions though, of course.

I couldnt care less if u blocked me ran ran i dont know u or care t with ur insulting posts. Ive bren listening to motown music before. I knew u existed so leave me out of your posts.

@nd furthermore i. Originated this post with a simple question and did not expect insulting remarks from the likes of u..

Marv is a reliable source as far as im concerned end of story.

Ohhh Ran, I shall miss your, erm, conversations with Marv from now on then. Totally understand your actions though, of course.
    I'm glad we entertained you Tom. But it's better to have rational conversations with rational adults, not the childish children trapped in 50/60/70 year old bodies. See ya in another thread Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Wha? How can you be so sure fran? I'd like to know where the, um, knowledge comes from. But if you're OK with it, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I'm glad we entertained you Tom. But it's better to have rational conversations with rational adults, not the childish children trapped in 50/60/70 year old bodies. See ya in another thread Tom!
    Damn I was quite enjoying this one!

Lololololololololol. Hehehehe. Priceless.

I always found marv to be reliable in his information hes beern on here since i came on in 09. Met him at a few shows and his motown collection is extensive. Im sorry for all those who dont enjoy his posts but thats life we cant all agree. Im an older fan and i know all at motown was not peaches and cream yet a lot was. Good especially the recognition so.e of the artist got but there were disillusion from some Example marvelettetes mary wells. Flotence ballard jean terrell.
    Wha? How can you be so sure fran? I'd like to know where the, um, knowledge comes from. But if you're OK with it, that's cool.

I always found marv to be reliable in his information hes beern on here since i came on in 09. Met him at a few shows and his motown collection is extensive. Im sorry for all those who dont enjoy his posts but thats life we cant all agree. Im an older fan and i know all at motown was not peaches and cream yet a lot was. Good especially the recognition so.e of the artist got but there were disillusion from some Example marvelettetes mary wells. Flotence ballard jean terrell.

Fran I am totally reliable, you know that! Who ever said I wasn't doesn't know what they're talking about. Anyway, you have a pretty popular thread here. Is there anything else you'd like to discuss on this topic?

It comes from living Tommy boy. LOL! Is there anything else you can beat out of this thread, this one question Fran had?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It comes from living Tommy boy. LOL! Is there anything else you can beat out of this thread, this one question Fran had?
    LOL, OK, marv, I'm done now

We all love Flotence.

no marv i think im done. I just wish gladys got mote considerstion and kindness from u know who and marvelettes had a memorable end to a wonderful body of work i wont ask what was said to gladys i hsve a pretty good idea after hearing that interview.btw i had on cassettr years ago. Best

no marv i think im done. I just wish gladys got mote considerstion and kindness from u know who and marvelettes had a memorable end to a wonderful body of work i wont ask what was said to gladys i hsve a pretty good idea after hearing that interview.btw i had on cassettr years ago. Best
    Fran, Iwill tell what he said if you send me a private message. It's too much for some of these churren to handle. LOL!

Marv i really enjoyed this thread and didnt know it would blow the way it did that usually happens when i post .but some younger fans refuse t see all was not peaches and cream at motown and thanks for sheding some light on this interesting topic.

I think im going to watch the marvelettes on unsung if i can find it.

Marv i really enjoyed this thread and didnt know it would blow the way it did that usually happens when i post .but some younger fans refuse t see all was not peaches and cream at motown and thanks for sheding some light on this interesting topic.
    You're most welcome Fran. Don't let anyone ever tell you that age and experience doesn't have it's advantages! LOL! Have a great evening.

Until the haters can produce a picture similar to this , I'll hear Marv out on his insider knowledge.

I think ill pass on what smokey had t say it might upset me and i enjoyed a lot of his early stuff. Happy landing and. I gotta dance to keep from crying. I believe if gladys had stayed w the group inspite of wanda getting t leads she may have kept order. After too many fish in the sea hit u just wanted t hear more of her soulful no nonsense. But wanda handled the new records well esp dont mess w bill and magician each singer gave the marvelettes 4 top 25 singles
    Gladys pmp 1 playboy 7. Beechwood 17. Too many fish 25
    Wanda. Bill. 7. Hunter 13. Magician 17 Young and in love 23

All right boogidown let the haters eat it up. Marv u and mary r chillin.

And u r lookin quite dapper i may add no wonder marys got her arm around u. Lol

Amen franjoy. The group of wanna be bullies aint gonna like that pic! Or maybe they’ll be jealous! Lol
    Last edited by luke; 04-20-2018 at 12:32 PM.

All right boogidown let the haters eat it up. Marv u and mary r chillin.
    Ahh, thanks Fran. I do have some really great memories with her.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Amen franjoy. The group of wanna be bullies aint gonna like that pic! Or maybe they’ll be jealous! Lol
    Luke, please, don't feed the trolls..........................hehehehehehehehe!

Sometimes Marv we just have to tell it like it is!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Sometimes Marv we just have to tell it like it is!
    Your loyalty and devotion to Marv is real touching. ❤️❤️

Ahh, thanks Fran. I do have some really great memories with her.
    So does every fan thats taken a photo with Mary Wilson. Buy her a drink after the show or purchase her upclose CD or DVD and Mary graciously chats and poses with ALL her fans.

Remember when this forum was about music, sharing memories of Motown legends and such? And not about gossip from Tony Turner books? I [[kinda) remember.

I wonder if there’s a walker in the current picture

Yeah! Smokey took the lead from Gladys and gave it to Wanda when he started writing and producing for them. He said some truly rude and unmentionable things right to Gladys' face and she never got over it and I don't think she ever forgave him. In a few words....It was awful! LOL!
    This is total garbage as usual, another desperate attempt for attention and credibility. Smokey Robinson is a gentleman, and would never have been rude to Gladys. I spoke with Gladys at length in 2002 when we did Mysteries and Scandals Florence Ballard. I have also spoken with Kat Schaffner for that show and other times through the years. And Joe Schaffner and the late Joe Shillair as well.

Smokey took over main production of the group after Don't Mess With Bill. What Smokey DID tell Gladys was that he prefered Wanda's voice because it was softer, like Diana and Claudettes. Diana Ross was selling millions of records.

Gladys didn't like it that much but she went along with it.

The problem between Gladys and Wanda was minimal when compared to Diana and Flo or David Ruffin and Otis Williams. Wanda's ego became inflamed when the hits started to come back. Gladys was more even tempered but Kat would straighten you out. They knew Wanda was on a substance. They mostly tolerated her but the occasional outbursts did occur. Also during this period producers stopped using Gladys and Kat for backing vocals which enhanced Wanda's self-worth.

Gladys Horton dropped out of the Marvelettes because she gave birth to a severely handicapped son. She was an orphan and had no one to help her with her baby. There is no other reason.

There was no mistreatment of Smokey to Gladys Horton.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Until the haters can produce a picture similar to this , I'll hear Marv out on his insider knowledge.

This is hilarious. Taking an extremely blurry photo of Mary Wilson years ago gives him credibility? Mary takes millions of pics a year with fans, this means nothing.

Why is the Klansman posting in this thread acting like he cool with the "snowflakes" [[i.e., black folks, us)?

LOL
    Last edited by midnightman; 04-20-2018 at 09:51 PM.

No that's not true. They didn't even tell where source of the "frictions" came from in any book. So it was not used to sell the product. In fact, in most books about Motown [[save for Miss Ray's book), they were all pretty tame and did not tell all the uglies that really went on at Motown in Detroit.
    Ain't that the truth Marv. I doubt it will ever be told; let's hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    This is total garbage as usual, another desperate attempt for attention and credibility. Smokey Robinson is a gentleman, and would never have been rude to Gladys. I spoke with Gladys at length in 2002 when we did Mysteries and Scandals Florence Ballard. I have also spoken with Kat Schaffner for that show and other times through the years. And Joe Schaffner and the late Joe Shillair as well.

Smokey took over main production of the group after Don't Mess With Bill. What Smokey DID tell Gladys was that he prefered Wanda's voice because it was softer, like Diana and Claudettes. Diana Ross was selling millions of records.

The problem between Gladys and Wanda was minimal when compared to Diana and Flo or David Ruffin and Otis Williams. Wanda's ego became inflamed when the hits started to come back. Gladys was more even tempered but Kat would straighten you out. They knew Wanda was on a substance. They mostly tolerated her but the occasional outbursts did occur. Also during this period producers stopped using Gladys and Kat for backing vocals which enhanced Wanda's self-worth.

Gladys Horton dropped out of the Marvelettes because she gave birth to a severely handicapped son. She was an orphan and had no one to help her with her baby. There is no other reason.

Once again I thank you for telling the truth and always being the voice of reason.

Fondly,

Roberta

Facts.

Also people got nerve to disrespect Smokey much like they disrespect Diana. Hell, they're disrespecting Gladys Horton's memory by bringing up some almost 30-year-old interview that was just nothing but hearsay. But I see how it is with some folks. They don't come here to celebrate music, they just do things to prove a point. What point? Who knows. It's childish and silly for folks WAY OLDER than me to still be acting like 1967 hasn't left them. 51 years have passed and stuff has CHANGED!
    Last edited by midnightman; 04-21-2018 at 03:59 AM.

That’s a good post Midnightman

I always think a few wacko forum participants make much out of nothing; you never hear Martha or Smokey or Claudette or Janie or Stevie or Diana or Berry talk like that

And they were there!

I’ve been told there are disabilities that are the cause of the harshness exhibited by at least one of our posters

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Facts.

Also people got nerve to disrespect Smokey much like they disrespect Diana. Hell, they're disrespecting Gladys Horton's memory by bringing up some almost 30-year-old interview that was just nothing but hearsay. But I see how it is with some folks. They don't come here to celebrate music, they just do things to prove a point. What point? Who knows. It's childish and silly for folks WAY OLDER than me to still be acting like 1967 hasn't left them. 51 years have passed and stuff has CHANGED!
    Preach my dear, preach. You are another great voice of reason.

fondly,

Roberta

I thought this thread wasn't quite finished... thank you Bayou & midnight, for restoring my sanity.

Facts.

Excellent post.

Of course there was drama at Motown, when is there not drama in the workplace. At a successful record company like Motown, there was a lot of creativity and ambition and with that comes strong emotions. But geez this stuff was half a century ago. Does Flo care about any of this stuff where she is? Does Gladys? They're in paradise, LET THEM ENJOY IT.

I also maintain the person who constantly digs up this stuff in a desparate attempt for attention is only exposing himself as being incredibly lonely and unfulfilled. Most of us on here relish the legacy of Motown and we do enjoy the gossipy stuff occasionally. But when a person makes it up to try to pass himself off as a Motown "expert" it appears to be a mental disturbance.

I don't come on SDF as much as I used to but, when I don't someone will alert me to this person's incoherent ramblings. Can I ask that I not be contacted about him any further? I am semi-retired, I am in the gym just about everyday and I am still rebuilding from the flood of August 2016 so my plate is full.

To further prove my point, the BBC is doing a special on famous rock bands and they are featuring the Supremes. I was contacted in January and they were going to fly someone here to interview me. I declined. Instead I referred them to long time fan club president Carl Feuerbacher. Mary Wilson was of course interviewed.

I cherish the legacy of all Motown acts. But when it's over, it's over.

Excellent post.

Of course there was drama at Motown, when is there not drama in the workplace. At a successful record company like Motown, there was a lot of creativity and ambition and with that comes strong emotions. But geez this stuff was half a century ago. Does Flo care about any of this stuff where she is? Does Gladys? They're in paradise, LET THEM ENJOY IT.

I also maintain the person who constantly digs up this stuff in a desparate attempt for attention is only exposing himself as being incredibly lonely and unfulfilled. Most of us on here relish the legacy of Motown and we do enjoy the gossipy stuff occasionally. But when a person makes it up to try to pass himself off as a Motown "expert" it appears to be a mental disturbance.

I don't come on SDF as much as I used to but, when I don't someone will alert me to this person's incoherent ramblings. Can I ask that I not be contacted about him any further? I am semi-retired, I am in the gym just about everyday and I am still rebuilding from the flood of August 2016 so my plate is full.

To further prove my point, the BBC is doing a special on famous rock bands and they are featuring the Supremes. I was contacted in January and they were going to fly someone here to interview me. I declined. Instead I referred them to long time fan club president Carl Feuerbacher. Mary Wilson was of course interviewed.

You really are the checks and balances person and the legitimate source we need. Ive seen you on TV discussing Motown and the Supremes and Florence Ballard and Miss Ross and I personaly feel we need you here to keep the fabricator in check.

God bless you.

Roberta

Thank you Roberta but the moderator seems to enjoy his ramblings

Thank you Roberta but the moderator seems to enjoy his ramblings
    Although the fabricators star is real tarnished these days. Theres only a few left that blindly follow him and believe his BS. Hes the Donald Trump of this here forum. LOL

the legacy of what motown was is never over whether it be 1967 or 1990. We love the music and if a subject comes up worth discussing i see nothing wrong in discussing it. After watching tv one the problems w wanda went deeper. Than what u r describing and glsdys never spoke about marvelettes business in public but catherine definetly didi because she had to deal with marvelettes businrss bookings iafter gladys left when the problems got worsre. U r right gladys left to take care of her handicapped child. We should discuss without getting hostile. Soulful detroit is sbout the ups and downs of the music of detroit and not just motown. If someone decides to discuss why hdh fleed motown to launch hot wax records would that be a topic one should say its old hat many of what happened in 1967 is key to motowns history

Excellent post.

I definitely think there are some folks who are deeply unhappy and they take it out on others and when there are disagreements, it boils over so yeah I definitely see it here.

So they build themselves to be someone they're not. So I definitely feel you there. It would be best to let them wallow in their own playground but one can get easily swept by someone's negativity.

Franjoy, Midnight and Bayou are all right.

What Fran is overlooking is the mean spirited, hateful posts of some she is defending.

The Motown people love each other and speak kindly and highly of each other; follow Janie Bradford and Claudette Robinson and Joe Billingslea on Facebook; and Dennis Edwards when he was with us. And many others.

Their caring for each other should not be denigrated by the odd mentally ill fan.

Soulful Detroit could have been more than it was but it was damaged and not taken as seriously as it could have been due to that behavior that was allowed.

I definitely think there are some folks who are deeply unhappy and they take it out on others and when there are disagreements, it boils over so yeah I definitely see it here.

So they build themselves to be someone they're not. So I definitely feel you there. It would be best to let them wallow in their own playground but one can get easily swept by someone's negativity.
    Its the ones that hold 30, and 40 and 50 year grudges against Ross and Gordy and Smokey and Suzanne and Wilson that get me. They hold on to hate and grudges that outside of being a fan have absolutely nothing to do with them. If the haters had a life theyd see that they were not there as the lovely Miss Susaye Greene told one of the. They are NOT friends of these Motown acts and never will be. They are fans that take this stuff way to personaly.

Why is the Klansman posting in this thread acting like he cool with the "snowflakes" [[i.e., black folks, us)?

LOL
    When I post here , the last thing on my mind is what skin color anybody is. Who cares.
    As for snowflakes, they come in all degrees of skin tones .......as do assholes .

whoops almost forgot the "lol"