[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

This just gave me a great idea !!!
    Why don't we each post our pictures [[even if blurry) of Diana being similarly chummy with us !!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Its the ones that hold 30, and 40 and 50 year grudges against Ross and Gordy and Smokey and Suzanne and Wilson that get me. They hold on to hate and grudges that outside of being a fan have absolutely nothing to do with them. If the haters had a life theyd see that they were not there as the lovely Miss Susaye Greene told one of the. They are NOT friends of these Motown acts and never will be. They are fans that take this stuff way to personaly.
    They act like they're the stuff because they took some grainy pics with a few Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    This is hilarious. Taking an extremely blurry photo of Mary Wilson years ago gives him credibility? Mary takes millions of pics a year with fans, this means nothing.
    That's the level of nonsense that circulates among a certain crowd here. How in the world could a photo like that add credibility? And why is it a crime to ask someone to source their claims? And how can a person know something to to be true if they weren't there? These and other questions will be answered on next week's episode of Soulful Detroit.

Btw, I know everything that happened the night Florence was fired from the Supremes, even though I was born many years later. How do I know? I've read books, so I know everything. Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Why is the Klansman posting in this thread acting like he cool with the "snowflakes" [[i.e., black folks, us)?

LOL
    You know why.

I definitely think there are some folks who are deeply unhappy and they take it out on others and when there are disagreements, it boils over so yeah I definitely see it here.

So they build themselves to be someone they're not. So I definitely feel you there. It would be best to let them wallow in their own playground but one can get easily swept by someone's negativity.
    Anybody that gossips this much has to be unhappy. But he's irrational on top of it. And his crew backs him up. They're all nuts. I don't mind disagreeing with someone, but we have to have rational and intelligent back and forths. The line of posts that culminated in my being blocked were me asking perfectly good questions and the responses making absolutely no sense.

I finally get what Thanxal is saying when he says his experience on the forum is much more pleasant when he started making use of the ignore feature. I've added a couple more to the blocked list and it is a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I finally get what Thanxal is saying when he says his experience on the forum is much more pleasant when he started making use of the ignore feature. I've added a couple more to the blocked list and it is a better experience.
    The other thing to remember is that some of the Mary Wilson trolls are often posting as part of a lame attempt to continue flame wars between Diana and Mary camps. It is a transparent attempt to show anti-Mary bias to justify the anti-Diana slurs.

We had a group gaslighting the forum last year that Ralph promptly took care of. They were pushing people toward a trasheap of a website that now appears to be defunct.

I don’t know about this thread since I now use the block function. If it gets bad again, take it up with Ralph. I found him to be very reasonable.
    Last edited by thanxal; 04-22-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    The other thing to remember is that some of the Mary Wilson trolls are often posting as part of a lame attempt to continue flame wars between Diana and Mary camps. It is a transparent attempt to show anti-Mary bias to justify the anti-Diana slurs.

We had a group gaslighting the forum last year that Ralph promptly took care of. They were pushing people toward a trasheap of a website that now appears to be defunct.

I don’t know about this thread since I now use the block function. If it gets bad again, take it up with Ralph. I found him to be very reasonable.
    Many of us have but Ralph totally supports the Marv2 bashing and misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post

Yes, I emailed Ralph about the posters who were so obviously causing trouble and I was glad to see "banned" appearing beside their names soon after. And you and I have "talked" before about screennames that are so anti Diana and anti Mary actually belonging to the same person[[s). I've just started adding folks on both sides to the blocked list, for the most part. And I'm starting to notice a couple more who are about to join it.

Quick question: how does the block feature work if the thread your reading or posting on has been started by someone you have blocked? I don't really want to block anyone, just wondering how it works.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-22-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Btw, I know everything that happened the night Florence was fired from the Supremes, even though I was born many years later. How do I know? I've read books, so I know everything. Everything.
    In that case RanRan, you will know that I, the unborn foetus friend, was there that night, watching everything unfold. I couldn't believe my tiny underdeveloped eyes when Florence turned around to Diana and said........ ah but you know I couldn't possibly go there... some people around here wouldn't be able to handle the real story.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-22-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Quick question: how does the block feature work if the thread your reading or posting on has been started by someone you have blocked? I don't really want to block anyone, just wondering how it works.
    Click on the person's profile. When they take you to the profile, you're gonna see a feature that says "ignore user". Click on it and hit "ignore" or whatever it says and then if they ask you if you wanna ignore them, say yes, and VOILA, they're blocked.

This post is suppose to be about t dynamics and sometimes disagreements between the two lead singers of the. marvelous marvelettes and not the supremes and siince we have solved t answers why is all this foolish bickering about sdf members continuing to be aired uneccesarily

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    You'll still see the thread, Tom, just not the offender's posts on it.

Click on the person's profile. When they take you to the profile, you're gonna see a feature that says "ignore user". Click on it and hit "ignore" or whatever it says and then if they ask you if you wanna ignore them, say yes, and VOILA, they're blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    You'll still see the thread, Tom, just not the offender's posts on it.
    Thanks midnight & sans.

If a thread is started by someone you have blocked, does the thread title appear but not their post?

Yeah the title appears but their post is not visible.

And on a desktop computer, you can click and see the post if you want

And you can reverse the ignore if you want

On my phone, it is not possible to click and see the post

I wish, when I get some complaint about another forum member, that the person complaining could show me exactly where the problem is. I,at times, find I must read an entire thread to try and find a problem only to come up empty handed after wasting my time. If you think you have a problem, use the damn ignore function and quit acting like a bunch of high school kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I wish, when I get some complaint about another forum member, that the person complaining could show me exactly where the problem is. I,at times, find I must read an entire thread to try and find a problem only to come up empty handed after wasting my time. If you think you have a problem, use the damn ignore function and quit acting like a bunch of high school kids.

Heres the perfect example Ralph and this thread should only take you a minute to read. At least 9 rude posts attacking Lionel Ritchies character which are NOT fact based and only Marv's opinion. Its real tiresome all his negativity. Fondly, Roberta

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...y-painful-quot

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Ralph, the nerve of you!!! We are a bunch of high school kids!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Heres the perfect example Ralph and this thread should only take you a minute to read. At least 9 rude posts attacking Lionel Ritchies character which are NOT fact based and only Marv's opinion. Its real tiresome all his negativity. Fondly, Roberta

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...y-painful-quot
    Roberta you would do well to take Ralph's advice. I blocked my first person late last week and in the several days since, I have blocked 7 or 8 more screennames and my time in this forum is much more pleasant with each click of the ignore feature. At this point I don't care who does what on the board. If I don't like it and it appears to be an ongoing problem, I hit "ignore" and keep it moving. You should too.

I agree with Ralph, just use the ignore feature.

Ralph, the nerve of you!!! We are a bunch of high school kids!!
    Well.....

You have to be in high school to be here??? Opps!!!

Retireds with not enough to do; whangers not working the way they used to etc. So news feeds stand up in place.

I was just right out of high school and in college when I first joined Motown forums in 2005 lol [[I was 21 lol)

For clarity:
    Since I was needlessly maligned on it , and would therefore have had good cause , I do not want it to be therefore suspected that I was the one who whined to Ralph about this thread. I don't roll like that.
    And I agree with him, the ignore button is the perfect solution for those who don't want to read input put forth by certain members.

Thank God those people in Washington spoke out about that bully nominee to head the VA dept!

I am posting to end this post hopefully on a good note. Keep off no trespassing to those who r intent in turning this post on conversation that had nothing to do with the marvelettrs. Keep off no trespassing is on of the finest moments on vinyl in which gladys excels as lead and wanda helps out on t chorus to make this a standout record its on the pink marvelettrs 67 album and on t flip side to here i am baby. Its nice to know they were releasing b sides on gladys after she was gone. And yes wands carried on in grand style.