[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Supremes Collectibles - B&W Cards [[6)

I have a set of 6 black and white cards [[measuring roughly 2-1/2" x 3-3/4")
    of various pictures of the Supremes.

I am trying to determine where this set of pictures came from. They are similar to a playing card and there is a picture on the front and a different picture on the back. I assume the set consisted of only six cards.

One card had 4 Supremes in the picture and all others had 3. Another one shows them looking at a shopping basket full of White Bread and another has them dressed in nuns outfits.

The only identifying information on each of the cards is:
    5381MC2 [[C) Motown Record Corporation Printed in U.S.A.

Anyone have any information on the source of these cards? They were given to me as is. Thanks for any help.

These were a part of the 25th anniversary collection. I believe they only were included with cassettes; the LP's had more of a booklet.

I have a photo but am unable to upload it for some reason.

There were 12 double sided cards in black and white.

Mary: Thank you for solving this mystery. The 5381 is actually part of the UPC number that the eBay posting included. Now, here's the horrible truth. Believe it or not, I have both the 2-CD set as well as the vinyl set of the 25th Anniversary Supremes release. I do not have any cassettes in my collection at all; that is why the 5381 meant nothing. Nothing like knowing what you have [[lol).

I have a set of these that I bought at a flea market. I had no idea where they came from so thanks for asking where they came from! I never bought any of the cassette, preferring the vinyl and then CD's. Now I discover things like this came with the cassettes along with alternate tracks on the Greatest Hits & Rare Classics. I should have looked closer! I always just assumed they all contained the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    These were a part of the 25th anniversary collection. I believe they only were included with cassettes; the LP's had more of a booklet.

I have a photo but am unable to upload it for some reason.
    WTF!!! I have the 25th Anniversary on cassette and mine didn't come with no damn cards. Someone get me the number for Motown!!! They owe me something.

BEechwood 4-5789...................

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    BEechwood 4-5789...................
    Must be the wrong number. I tried it but some girl answered telling me that I could have a dance with her, hold her hand and whisper in her ear. Got really weird so I hung up. I might have more success with email.