[REMOVE ADS]

these cops Ned to be fired and charged with civil rights abuse.

And they need to lose there police pensions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN1HL14S

I read that earlier today. The manager of that Starbucks needs to be fired and the cops need to be disciplined harshly. I'm not a Starbucks customer, but that's more than enough for me to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I read that earlier today. The manager of that Starbucks needs to be fired and the cops need to be disciplined harshly. I'm not a Starbucks customer, but that's more than enough for me to avoid them.
    I rearely go in Jerry as I grudge paying $4 for a coffee Im a big fan of McDonalds coffee but im never going to set foot in another Starbucks again. The manager should be fired.

I've been a proponent of black people specifically boycotting businesses to encourage them to take a stand on criminal justice reform. Black Americans need to absolutely avoid Starbucks until they not only make a public statement about correcting the system that allows cops to profile us without consequence, but also supporting Black Lives Matter and Mothers of the Movement. We need to stop being polite. Companies like H&M, Old Navy and Starbucks need to learn that this BS is unacceptable even once and that "apologies" issued by the corporation is not enough of a significant response. When money talks, BS walks.

Jerry, good luck with this. Lessons of the Civil Rights era have been lost on those who came after. I've become a pariah with Black and gay friends in advocating not patronizing businesses that give money money to conservative candidates who promote legislation restricting civil liberties and social progress for minorities. Being in Atlanta sometimes feels like a living in a throw-back plantation era. Some folks just aren't capable of understanding the impact of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    Jerry, good luck with this. Lessons of the Civil Rights era have been lost on those who came after. I've become a pariah with Black and gay friends in advocating not patronizing businesses that give money money to conservative candidates who promote legislation restricting civil liberties and social progress for minorities. Being in Atlanta sometimes feels like a living in a throw-back plantation era. Some folks just aren't capable of understanding the impact of their actions.
    I harbor no delusions that we, as a group with common interests, will ever pull together for the common good. If African-Americans all decided to vote for the same candidate and patronize the same vendors exclusively [[regardless of personal preference), we could effect social change within a decade. But all of those who decry situations like the one in Roberta's post aren't on board with actually putting their money where their mouth is. We don't deserve the predicament that we're in, but we're not united enough to force a desired end even though it's within our grasp.

Money and votes are the only way to effect change, but I don't have enough money and I only have one vote. And the GOP knows it, so they're not concerned about letting their grand wizard run the country. And the Democrats know it so they're not concerned with taking my vote for granted when it comes to policies. If 90% of the 45 million of us decided to put it together for each other, we'd shake the foundations of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    I wanted to add that Columbus [[Ohio) isn't much different. In the '80s, a black businessman tried to open the first black-owned supermarket in the country here. He chose a side of town that was being served by convenience stores and a couple of grocery stores that were notorious for selling bad food for sky high prices. One of the owners put the new store on blast and managed to get a lot of people in the area to avoid shopping there.

I'll never forget working in a suburban chain supermarket that was 10 miles away and having some people who lived around the block of the neighborhood supermarket getting off the bus to pay the same prices at my chain store rather than support a business that was hiring people from the neighborhood and providing a service that was [[in my opinion) sorely needed. He went bankrupt within two years and became a cautionary tale for future entrepreneurs that no good deed goes unpunished.

I hate[starbucks]so i won't go in there anyhow,they should be sued and i hope that they are.

I will boycott a company until it shows me that they have apologized and taken corrective action. I boycotted Dove products for their repeated racist ads with equating black faces with dirtiness and white faces with purity. But, Dove's CEO recently made comments about eliminating that type of thing when commenting on Facebook's fake news. For that, i'll resume buying their products - for now.

Pepsi? They meant well, but didn't think about how their little commercial with Kylie Jenner would play out. I still buy Pepsi.

But, Starbucks? Fuck no! Why? There has been no clear announcement on what they did to that white manager who called 911. They refuse to say anything other than that she is no longer at that branch. For that reason alone, despite their swift efforts to deal with the issue, I cannot give my money to them. Clearly, that manager was uncomfortable with Black men in her store. At the time, there was a white person who had been sitting for an hour and didn't order anything. Why didn't the manager call the cops on them? There is no other answer than the manager being a racist.

Then, we learn of another incident in California where a Black man was refused restroom access until he bought something, but a woman jogger came in and was given the access code with no purchase at all. There's a video for that, too.

I've been part of these so-called racial bias training sessions for managers in my own company, and, while we got into it in a heated way, there is no follow-up afterward. The rank and file employees get no such training. It's like when companies do those sexual harassment training sessions: they're useless. All these sessions usually do is wag their finger and say "No! No! No! Don't do that! Someone's gonna get offended!" The only way to effectively deal with the problem is to screen applicants more thoroughly. Of course, with your average minimum wage-earner, that costs extra money and time.

The cops in this situation? There was no need to handcuff the men. In a backhanded way, I guess we should be happy that they didn't body-slam, tase, choke-hold, and shoot the men. [[roll eyes).

Nope, I can go without my Starbucks double chocolate chip whatever it's called frozen drink.

Anyway, here's some more on this:
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/14/us/ph...ex.html?iid=EL

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/17/news...ex.html?iid=EL

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...racial-n866746

That was bad from the beginning. Why in the world would six cops show up over a trespassing call? Can you imagine the outcome had either of them been a concealed carry permit holder? Starbuck's CEO is extremely tone deaf; nowhere in any of his "apologies" was the word racism mentioned. They were carefully worded to specifically dance around the reason that the call was made to avoid making the company look bad and it had the opposite impact. Sorry, but I'm gonna have to pass on Starbucks. I'll bet black coffee will be easier to find there than black customers for a while.

That was bad from the beginning. Why in the world would six cops show up over a trespassing call? Can you imagine the outcome had either of them been a concealed carry permit holder? Starbuck's CEO is extremely tone deaf; nowhere in any of his "apologies" was the word racism mentioned. They were carefully worded to specifically dance around the reason that the call was made to avoid making the company look bad and it had the opposite impact. Sorry, but I'm gonna have to pass on Starbucks. I'll bet black coffee will be easier to find there than black customers for a while.
    Oh Im done with Starbucks forever.

Heres another old racist and homophobic entitled White Woman that needs to be thrown in a jail cell. SMH

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e_article-home

I read that yesterday, Roberta. These fools have lost their damned heads. I guess "supporting our military" went out the window with that crew right behind Christian values and reducing the debt.

I read that yesterday, Roberta. These fools have lost their damned heads. I guess "supporting our military" went out the window with that crew right behind Christian values and reducing the debt.
    Oh yes and the old bigoted BIT*H is probably first in church and probably a Trump gal and im sure no stranger to a confederate flag.

last night at work, I talked to a Black woman about the Starbucks incident and she told me it happened to her and her husband in Tucson, too. They were denied the ability to use the restroom unless they bought something. I'll bet they let a white person go in. But, she said it didn't happen to them at another Tucson area location. Either way, she will never buy anything from them again.

They need to make a rule about allowing anyone to use their restrooms in all stores. And, if they don't want people spending hours in their place, they need to remove their computer areas. But, man! My family and I have done business in Starbucks on the laptops. Stayed in there for hours doing work. You've seen them: all lined up with college people with their computers.

They also need to realize that just having a progressive image and trying to promote race relations isn't enough. They need to realize that they have a lot of racists, bigots, and other objectionable workers in their stores.

Again, I will not give Starbucks another penny until we know how that manager was dealt with. I honestly don't know if she should be fired, but, that CEO knows what motivated her, and he needs to deal with that.

There was absolutely no need for the cops to handcuff the men. Period. Both Starbucks and the Philadelphia police are probably gonna be sued. I'll bet he papers are being drawn up right now.

As D.L. Hughley said, “Starbucks: where our coffee is black and strong, but you better not be.”