[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes At The Copa 1967

Does anyone know if this is the complete track list? And no this is not in any particular order.
    1. Itroduction
    2. From This Moment On
    3. Put On A Happy Face
    4. Medley: With A Song In My Heart/Stranger In Paradise/Wonderful, Wonderful/Unchained Melody/Without A Song
    5. Medley Of Hits: Stop! In The Name Of Love/My World Is Empty Without You/Baby Love
    6. Queen Of The House
    7. The Lady Is A Tramp/Let's Get Away From It All
    8. You Can't Hurry Love
    9. Somewhere
    10. You're Nobody Til Somebody Loves You
    11. My Favorite Things
    12. You Keep Me Hangin On
    13. Love Is Here and Now Youre Gone
    14. The Happening

Typical. Too many crossovers and their songs are messy medleys.

Aaron, you may not know, but back in 2012 Hip-o-Select issued an expanded 2CD set of the complete Copa show. The complete show takes up the whole of Disc 2, while Disc 1 is centered around The Original Released Stereo version of the Album [[ tracks 1 - 15 ), with Bonus tracks [[ track nos. 16 - 25 ) being included as Alternate Mono Mixes.

So here is what I think you are looking for - the full listing taken from Disc 2 - entitled The Complete Show:

1. Opening Introduction,
    2. From This Moment On,
    3. Put On A Happy Face,
    4. Tonight/The Way You Look Tonight,
    5. Baby Love,
    6. Stop In The Name Of Love,
    7. The Boy From Ipanema,
    8. Where Did Our Love Go,
    9. I Am Woman,
    10. Band Introduction,
    11. Make Someone Happy / Time After Time,
    12. Come See About Me,
    13. Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody,
    14. Queen Of The House,
    15. Group Introduction,
    16. Somewhere,
    17. Nothing But Heartaches,
    18. Enjoy Yourself [[ It's Later Than You Think ),
    19. Back In My Arms Again,
    20. Sam Cooke Medley: You Send Me / [[ I Love You ) For Sentimental Reasons / Cupid / Chain Gang / Bring It On Home To Me / Shake,
    21. You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You.

All of the above tracks on Disc 2 are noted as being previously unreleased.

For the purpose of comparison, the tracks listed on Disc 1 [[The Original Stereo LP) are:

1. Opening Introduction,
    2. Put On A Happy Face,
    3. I Am Woman,
    4. Baby Love,
    5. Stop In The Name Of Love,
    6. The Boy From Ipanema,
    7. Make Someone Happy / Time After Time,
    8. Come See About Me,
    9. Rock - A - Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody,
    10. Queen Of The House,
    11. Group Introduction,
    12. Somewhere,
    13. Back In My Arms Again,
    14. Sam Cooke Medley: You Send Me / [[ I Love You ) For Sentimental Reasons / Cupid / Chain Gang / Bring It On Home To Me / Shake
    15. You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You.

From the above you'll see that the complete show was considerably longer than what was originally released as the vinyl Stereo version.

I think you neglected to read that he meant the 1967 Copa show--not the 1965 show that you're referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by motownjohnny View Post
    Aaron, you may not know, but back in 2012 Hip-o-Select issued an expanded 2CD set of the complete Copa show. The complete show takes up the whole of Disc 2, while Disc 1 is centered around The Original Released Stereo version of the Album [[ tracks 1 - 15 ), with Bonus tracks [[ track nos. 16 - 25 ) being included as Alternate Mono Mixes.

So here is what I think you are looking for - the full listing taken from Disc 2 - entitled The Complete Show:

1. Opening Introduction,
    2. From This Moment On,
    3. Put On A Happy Face,
    4. Tonight/The Way You Look Tonight,
    5. Baby Love,
    6. Stop In The Name Of Love,
    7. The Boy From Ipanema,
    8. Where Did Our Love Go,
    9. I Am Woman,
    10. Band Introduction,
    11. Make Someone Happy / Time After Time,
    12. Come See About Me,
    13. Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody,
    14. Queen Of The House,
    15. Group Introduction,
    16. Somewhere,
    17. Nothing But Heartaches,
    18. Enjoy Yourself [[ It's Later Than You Think ),
    19. Back In My Arms Again,
    20. Sam Cooke Medley: You Send Me / [[ I Love You ) For Sentimental Reasons / Cupid / Chain Gang / Bring It On Home To Me / Shake,
    21. You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You.

All of the above tracks on Disc 2 are noted as being previously unreleased.

For the purpose of comparison, the tracks listed on Disc 1 [[The Original Stereo LP) are:

1. Opening Introduction,
    2. Put On A Happy Face,
    3. I Am Woman,
    4. Baby Love,
    5. Stop In The Name Of Love,
    6. The Boy From Ipanema,
    7. Make Someone Happy / Time After Time,
    8. Come See About Me,
    9. Rock - A - Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody,
    10. Queen Of The House,
    11. Group Introduction,
    12. Somewhere,
    13. Back In My Arms Again,
    14. Sam Cooke Medley: You Send Me / [[ I Love You ) For Sentimental Reasons / Cupid / Chain Gang / Bring It On Home To Me / Shake
    15. You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You.

From the above you'll see that the complete show was considerably longer than what was originally released as the vinyl Stereo version.

I was at the 67 Copa show. They opened with Put On A Happy Face. Closed with You re Nobody Til Somebody Loves You. Same preformace on the box set.The set list posted may include some of the songs but the show was different
    Last edited by Zantellor; 04-07-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Let there be love, More, Back in my arms again, Yesterday and Michelle were also on the Copa '67 setlist.

Zantellor. Do you remember what it was like?

Here is a tracklist that I have, I don't know if it's the complete show, but there are more tracks than you listed.
    Maybe the ones you listed are the tracks they wanted to put on the unreleased album.

1. Opening Intro
    2. Put On A Happy Face
    3. Medley With a Song...
    4. Hits Medley
    5. Queen Of The House
    6. The Lady Is A Tramp/Let's Get Away From It All
    7. You Keep Me Hanging On
    8. Yesterday
    9. From This Moment On
    10. My Favorite Things
    11. I Hear A Symphony
    12. Thoroughly Modern Millie/Second Hand Rose/Mame
    13. You Can't Hurry Love
    14. Michelle
    15. Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
    16. More
    17. Let There Be Love
    18. The Happening
    19. Somewhere
    20. You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You

But when the "Sing Holland Dozier Holland" album comes out, we all will know the truth/correct tracklist

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Zantellor. Do you remember what it was like?
    Yes I remember. It was amazing. The show was great .Here were The Supremes real and alive almost right in front of me. The show was perfect.Gordy was in the audience and writing everything down on a legal pad.By watching the show nobody would have had the slightest thought that there could be anything but harmony within the group. Anyway it was a great night and a dream come true to see The Supremes live. I am grateful I saw this show as I would never have had a chance to see DMF again live

What month was it? Hard to believe then that Flo was out in July...

The Copa 67 show was recorded May 19. Only the early and late shows were recorded that night. No other nights were recorded. I think I mentioned this in another post [[or am I dreaming)? For the H-D-H expanded we used the late show. It was more fun and not quite as typical. Some of the numbers mentioned above weren't performed in the late show. But they were the show tunes most often performed on other live LP's and we felt they wouldn't be missed. They did them at the Roostertail 66 with Flo and again at Talk Of The Town 68 with Cindy. Most of the performances we used were not on the bootleg that circulated. Most of the bootleg was from the early show. We had some extra time so we included a few songs from the early show as well to fill up the disc. We didn't use everything from both shows as we did with the Roostertail on the I Hear A Symphony Expanded because we wanted room for the other studio bonus tracks. We all know their stage show didn't change too much during this period. A few songs in and out ... but it's a really significant show since that late show is the last official live recording with Florence. I understand that some aren't fans of the live shows but for those who are, I think you'll like it. I honestly play it every day.

Thanks for the information George. I can't wait to hear what you guys have done with the HDH expanded. The A GoGo expanded was so well done, I can't stop raving about it. I'll be glad to get the Copa show, but I'm more interested in those studio tracks. I sure hope there's a surprise or two on it.

definitely interested to hear it too! love even hearing the same songs from set to set because you hear so clearly how the girls evolved as entertainers.

If they did use Put On A Happy and From This Moment, I'd be surprised. those were getting rather stale within their repertoire, IMO. I thought during the Orient tour and Roostertail they were using Come See About Me to open. If they were looking to change, I'd have thought they wouldn't have reverted back to POAHF or FTMO. but we'll see!!

eagerly anticipating!!

George, thanks for the info on the upcoming HDH Expanded Edition.

Although I have always loved Copa and Talk of the Town, I am one who is not a fan of many of the LIVE recordings that have surfaced in the CD era because of the repetition [[and talking of repetition, I saw The Supremes with Diana 10 times , but only with Florence once ).

Your description of your efforts with the Copa 1967 show and the inclusion of studio bonus tracks makes this release even more interesting than I thought it would be. [[Sing HDH was never one of my favorite albums despite some good songs. I always loved A' Go-Go and thought the Expanded Edition was superb - probably because there were no LIVE recordings and the studio chatter was used most effectively.)

Looking forward to this release. I will be buying two copies, as I usually do, one for me and one for a friend who loves LIVE recordings by The Supremes.

I got a question: did the Supremes continue to do Copa shows after 1967? I forget when the Copa closed down but I wonder if they were still booked there post-Flo?

I saw Bette Midler there in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I got a question: did the Supremes continue to do Copa shows after 1967? I forget when the Copa closed down but I wonder if they were still booked there post-Flo?
    They appeared again in 1968, then I believe they switched to the Waldorf for 1969. But after Diana left, I think they were back at the Copa from 1970-1972.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    They appeared again in 1968, then I believe they switched to the Waldorf for 1969. But after Diana left, I think they were back at the Copa from 1970-1972.
    Thanks! Needed that info lol

So great to know Sing HDH has been we worked on if not complete. We know it's definitely coming. Too excited☺️☺️☺️☺️

Thanks George for including the Live Show. I for one enjoy the Live recordings because they are always 100% Authentic Supremes [[No Andantes or other Background Singers). When I buy a LP or CD[[Supremes, Vandellas, Marvelettes or Velvelettes) I want to hear them and only them!!! Even though we all know that is not the case. So I welcome any live material on any Motown Artist. Bring On The Girls Live! Live! Live!

All sounds rather good. Looking forward to HDHEXP.

Any estimated time frame for release? I'm on eggshells here.🙂☺️