[REMOVE ADS]

Teen Turns Down 25 year plea deal and gets 65 years

The USA can be one of the most f.....d up countries in the world.

I would hate to live in a sh.....e like where this Judge and District Attorney live.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...cid=spartandhp

What about the woman who got five years in prison after she voted on a provisional ballot in Texas while on probation? She said they never told her that she couldn't vote, but the judge said that she should have read the fine print in her release paperwork.`

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.072bfbe9c8cb

And in Mississippi, they have a law that is supposed to help prosecute gang members. But in spite of more than 50% of gangs in the state being composed of white men, 100% of the people prosecuted under the statute have been black.

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news...ssissippi-gan/

What about the law in Ohio that allows a person to take a firearm into a bar?

They lost their minds. Barkeepers have to post signs that advise people that guns aren't welcome in the premises, but otherwise they are permitted in most public spaces. They're trying to put Stand My Ground on the books too.

I'm still pissed off that 12-year old Tamir Rice was killed for playing with a BB gun in a park but since the state is open carry, a bunch of militia men were allowed to assemble around the GOP convention in Cleveland in 2016 while brandishing assault rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    They lost their minds. Barkeepers have to post signs that advise people that guns aren't welcome in the premises, but otherwise they are permitted in most public spaces. They're trying to put Stand My Ground on the books too.

I'm still pissed off that 12-year old Tamir Rice was killed for playing with a BB gun in a park but since the state is open carry, a bunch of militia men were allowed to assemble around the GOP convention in Cleveland in 2016 while brandishing assault rifles.
    You can no longer smoke in a bar, but you can carry a gun inside? Go figure! I have to find this video I saw the other the night from PBS and a woman on the program from Ashtabula Ohio spoke about Tamir Rice in a way I have not ever heard in the media before. I will posted it here.

Check this out. Beginning at 30:25 in the video:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    What about the woman who got five years in prison after she voted on a provisional ballot in Texas while on probation? She said they never told her that she couldn't vote, but the judge said that she should have read the fine print in her release paperwork.`

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.072bfbe9c8cb

And in Mississippi, they have a law that is supposed to help prosecute gang members. But in spite of more than 50% of gangs in the state being composed of white men, 100% of the people prosecuted under the statute have been black.

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news...ssissippi-gan/
    What gets me is a kid cant take a toy to school but President Pu*sy Grabber wants teachers walking around with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Check this out. Beginning at 30:25 in the video:

I'm absolutely dismayed to see how many people try to diminish the Black Lives Matter movement. What the woman in the video said gets to the heart of it. Many, if not most, white Americans think that black people need to shut up and count our blessings. Dabo Swinney, the head coach of Clemson University's football team actually went on a rant and suggested that players taking a stance should realize that [[at that time) we had a black president and that major universities were letting black people play quarterback. Imagine the stupidity that it takes to suggest that we should be happy in spite of having to deal with unequal justice because "we" had a black president. My kid would never play for him.

In Texas, you can legally shoot someone if they step on your property. And Florida has the notorious Stand Your Ground law.
    I retired from state juvenile Justice last year. And believe you me, plea deals are the norm. Public defenders are swamped with cases. Judged are encouraged to clear their dockets asap. And probation officers and social workers have caseloads from here to eternity. Everyone is essentially talking at one another. And promoting empty promises and pipe dreams on the books. Meanwhile, our misinformed youth are bullied into taking the plea and wind up institutionalized. The entire legal system, including the prison industry is built on warehousing are most vulnerable resource, our youth. High turnover in staffing is the norm too. Our young people are feeding an insatiable beast sadly. The oft quoted Maxim that we build more prisons than colleges is 21st century reality.