[REMOVE ADS]

Another March Madness in the Books

This is my absolute favorite sporting event every year and it sometimes takes me days to get back down to earth. It was a doozy this year, with more shocks and surprises than ever before.

Sadly my own team [[Virginia) laid the biggest egg of them all but hopefully they can put that behind them next year and make a better showing. Congrats to Villanova, a most-deserving team. Divencenzo was on fire!!!

I turned the championship game off with five minutes left. It was a total let-down from an otherwise great tournament. I'm a big Carolina fan and our loss to A&M still stings, especially since A&M laid an egg the next week. I didn't think we'd return to the Finals but it was still extremely anticlimactic for me. The big surprise for me is that there were absolutely dynamic teams like the Hoos and Xavier that went out in the first weekend. I didn't fill out a bracket, but I'm pretty sure Xavier and Virginia would have been at least in the Elite Eight. It's a tough break for fans to lose to prohibitive underdogs.

It was a tourney for the ages. Congrats, Nova. Thank you Loyola of Chicago and UMBC [[sorry, davidseper...) and all of the underdogs who will destroy logic and thought processes for decades to come. Looking forward to next year already.

I gotta get back into the college game,i lost interest when len bias died[i loved maryland]and then they left the[acc]which was a mistake,but i may start watching again.

Why would you not follow Maryland to the Big 10 [[or 11 or 12 or 13 or 14)?

I don't know jerry,it's just not the same and i can't seem to get up for the team like i did years ago,i think that maryland is out of their league in the big ten.

I understand. UNC vs Maryland games used to be bloodbaths. I remember one year when Lenny Bias just carried the Terps on his back, outplaying Jordan, who had a great game himself. Next to dook, I used to hate Maryland as a rival in the ACC. Living in central Ohio, I watch and root for Ohio State. But I try to hold my hatred for Maryland in the Big Ten, but it's not the same. I will say that I'm confused by how underwhelming they've been since switching conferences.

Hey jerry,why don't they just leave sports alone?i mean some changes are good[the headslap rule]for one but now these knuckleheads are talking about taking away the kickoff????? What the hell? They are just gonna keep chipping away til the public says good bye..call me old fashioned but why did they mess with baseball a beautiful game but noooo we need-interleague play,catcher can't block the plate,instant replay[hate dat s..t]oh and remember the[bump and run]there's a word for those who now are running major sports today,but if i say it i'll be banned...!!!

I understand the motivation behind the changes in football. With the discovery of CTE, they either had to make changes or some grandstanding people in Washington were going to send OSHA after them. And if you think it's bad now, just let the Fed get involved. It'll be the No Fun League for real. MLB is doing instant replay all wrong. Taking forever to check some things and not using it for the obvious things. And when Buster Posey got blasted a few years ago, baseball had to do something with the catcher. Just a sign of the times. And interleague was fun when it was a few games per year, but now every time I turn around, the Mets and the Yankees are playing. It's not even interesting any more.

To me, baseball and pro football are already close to the point of no return as far as excitement is concerned. Too many rules, not enough common sense.

It breaks my heart,the thing that made the allstar and world series special was the mystery,the leagues didn't know each other but now it's just another series..what's next???pitching underhand???don't blink!!