[REMOVE ADS]

I think this is the 4th thread on this vital announcement

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I think this is the 4th thread on this vital announcement
    Excuse me for the redundancy. I was unaware. I hope the clocks won't stop and
    blood will not flow in the streets because of it.

mine is STILL the first!!! lol

Mine was 2nd or 3rd and I did not see the others

This created quite a bit of excitement just like the 2 April’s Fools announcements; I wish those could have been true

It's about damn time Motown got the deluxe vinyl reissue treatment. Aside from Marvin Gaye, Motown has been largely ignored when it comes to U.S. vinyl reissues. This is a solid choice. While I'm not wild about the cover art, I couldn't be more thrilled about the release choice. I will definitely be shelling out the money for this one.

According to Third Man Records' Facebook page, there is a coloured vinyl version of this set that will be available in limited quantities and will be sold exclusively at their store in Detroit on Saturday [[while supplies last). That's too bad, as I would have loved a coloured vinyl set but I am not willing to drive 4+ hours each way to get it! I will be ordering the standard black vinyl version instead from my local record shop. I would rather support my local record store than buy into the money making frenzy of exclusive limited editions, only available to those who pay $300, run through fire and snort a line of diamond dust, served by a chimp at Michael Jackson's former ranch. The whole 'vinyl exclusives' market, including Record Store Day, has gotten way out of hand. It only serves those who are looking to make money off of the real fans, who end up having to resort to Ebay.

Here's the link to their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ThirdManRecords/

Picked up my copy today and it's beautifully packaged and pressed.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  18.1 KB
    Definitely pick one up. My only qualms are that Third Man skimped on some of the liner notes [[recording dates are included on the backs of the inner sleeves though) and there's no credits for all the hard work Andy, George, and Kevin originally put into curating and assembling this set. Now, lets have the rest of the expanded editions reissued on vinyl!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Picked up my copy today and it's beautifully packaged and pressed.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  18.1 KB
    Definitely pick one up. My only qualms are that Third Man skimped on some of the liner notes [[recording dates are included on the backs of the inner sleeves though) and there's no credits for all the hard work Andy, George, and Kevin originally put into curating and assembling this set. Now, lets have the rest of the expanded editions reissued on vinyl!
    Do the discs have a reproduction Motown label?

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Do the discs have a reproduction Motown label?
    No Al, they use the Third Man Records label typically used on their releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    ...and there's no credits for all the hard work Andy, George, and Kevin originally put into curating and assembling this set.
    Thanks for the photo and your review. Looking forward to getting my set shortly. Although that's really not cool that they omitted Andy, George and Kevin from the credits. It's exploitive and I think it warrants sending an email to Third Man Records. I also didn't care for the fact that the only photo with DMC is featured as the background of the tracklisting and can barely be seen. Even the press release does not mention Cindy Birdsong. There seems to be a lot of interest in this release on social media from general record buyers who are not Supremes super fans. They want it because of the coolness factor, I suppose.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-06-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Just got mine and it is really well done.
    One request to Third Man Records... a four record set of Supremes A Go Go Expanded Edition set would be awesome. I can only imagine how nice the covers could be - one with the green accents, one with the blue, and one with the funky alternate photo on the last page of the booklet.

Edit: I went back and looked and there is only one black and white photo of DMC in the original set. All the interior flap photos and all the booklet color photos are DMF. Can't really blame Third Man Records for the lack of DMC photos.
    Last edited by thanxal; 04-13-2018 at 02:40 PM.

It’s a beautiful sounding and looking set [[although I, too, wanted more liner notes). Love her or hate her - it’s all but impossible not to marvel at the evolution of Diana as a singer while going through a chronological collection such as this...