[REMOVE ADS]

G.C. Cameron - Let Me Down Easy 1974!

G.C. Cameron is one of the best, most underrated singers. He was the lead singer of the Spinners, the Temptations and his own solo career. Here is one of my favorites of his solo recordings from 1974. Check it out:

I met him and saw him work in the recording studio back in the early 90's as part of the Motorcity project. He was very talented indeed

That is one very special album Marv. Top notch from start to finish... especially like this Wille Hutch composition..."I'm Gonna Give You Respect"

Willie liked it enough to have Marvin do it as well...

.....as himself

Quote Originally Posted by lester View Post
    I met him and saw him work in the recording studio back in the early 90's as part of the Motorcity project. He was very talented indeed
    I chatted with him once about a year ago. A real nice guy and very knowledgeable about music. I saw him in concert when he had returned to the Spinners.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    That is one very special album Marv. Top notch from start to finish... especially like this Wille Hutch composition..."I'm Gonna Give You Respect"

I agree and it did get some radio airplay back in '74.

I agree Mike and marv this is a great album and G.C. is a great singer! The one I've been listening to a lot lately is "Your Love Won't Turn Me Loose"... another Willie Hutch track of course I also love "I'm Gonna Give You Respect"

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I agree Mike and marv this is a great album and G.C. is a great singer! The one I've been listening to a lot lately is "Your Love Won't Turn Me Loose"... another Willie Hutch track of course I also love "I'm Gonna Give You Respect"

I would have thought the fact that he was once married to Gwen Gordy while at Motown, they would have promoted him more.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I would have thought the fact that he was once married to Gwen Gordy while at Motown, they would have promoted him more.
    Interesting point marv. Reminds me a bit of Jermaine Jackson... lead singer of the group stays at Motown because he's married to a Gordy while the others go off to a different label! Still I think this album should have given G.C. more success... as Mike says it is top notch!

Motown didn't know what to do with their artists that wasn't Marvin, Diana or Stevie... what happened to Syreeta happened to G.C.

Talented singers who just didn't get the push. I mean he signed with them, got with Gwen and STILL couldn't get a doggone hit? Then again the Spinners were brought to Motown with Gwen too and Motown basically looked at them as second-rate Temptations so...