[REMOVE ADS]

Daughters of Legends on Tour: Sam Cooke, Diana Ross, Ray Charles

Carla Cooke at The Space
    The Space appears to have the lock on iconic artists’ offspring. Frank Sinatra’s granddaughter AJ Lambert is performing there monthly and now Carla Cooke, youngest daughter of soul legend Sam Cooke, makes a tour stop and her Vegas debut Thursday night.
    Like her dad, Carla set her musical foundations in the church choir and performed through high school. “Then I got married and had children,” she says. “After they all got grown, I prayed and asked for a chance to go out and do what I love to do.” Momentum started to build when she joined a “Daughters of Legends” tour with Rhonda Ross Kendrick [[daughter of Diana Ross) and Robyn Charles [[daughter of Ray Charles).
    “Every time I sing I get a lot of response from people telling me their stories from different songs of my father’s, and how much the music meant to them and how they felt about my father,” she says. “I’ve had many people come up to me crying when I sing those songs. Being on the road has been an amazing ride.” March 29, 8 p.m., $25, 702-903-1070. —Brock Radke

This is a SNL skit right??

On the other hand ...... perfect !!
    Never doubt the Ross kids to work their mother's name !! lol!!

nope!
    a tour

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    This is a SNL skit right??

Never doubt the Ross kids to work their mother's name !! lol!!
    Yes, none took their fathers’ name because it would not be profitable. Hahahahaha

Y'all do know Tracee Ellis Ross is in full demand, right?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Y'all do know Tracee Ellis Ross is in full demand, right?
    Yah really at this moment, with the young crowd, she’s better known than any Supreme besides Diana ever was - and she’s very popular

Old but I know

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Yah really at this moment, with the young crowd, she’s better known than any Supreme besides Diana ever was - and she’s very popular

Old but I know
    So true. Tracee has truly built a great career - and I think most of the under-50 audience knows her as her own woman, not the daughter of someone else famous. Tracee has earned her success, as did/has Diana.

Exactly. She's a star in her own right. Always has been to me anyway. I still remember seeing her on some kind of sketch show on MTV, I think and was like "she's going places". Then she did "Girlfriends" and now "Black-ish".