[REMOVE ADS]

Bettye LaVette - Things Have Changed! [[Audio)

Check her out!

This is a great album!

Oh yes....Ms. Lavette delivered the goods.

Miss Bettye does not play! She is going to give you your money's worth every time!

She is #38 on Amazon sales chart!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    She is #38 on Amazon sales chart!
    Wow! Really? There so many releases to compete with there.

The album is on Verve. It's her first on a major label since Motown's Tell Me A Lie in 1982. It is all Bob Dylan songs. Steve Jordan produced and is on drums, Leon Pendarvis on keys, Larry Campbell[[ex Dylan/Levon Helm) on guitars, mandolin, pedal steel, and Pino Palladino on bass. It was tracked in 3 days, mixed and guest overdubs [[Keith Richards, Trombone Shorty, Ivan Neville, Gil Goldstein) done in 3 days and mastered in 1 day. I believe it's her best work to date. The press LOVE it.

Hi!

If not too intrusive, please let me repeat my interview with Bettye on that album here:

http://www.soulexpress.net/bettyelavette_2018.htm

Best regards
    Heikki

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    The album is on Verve. It's her first on a major label since Motown's Tell Me A Lie in 1982. It is all Bob Dylan songs. Steve Jordan produced and is on drums, Leon Pendarvis on keys, Larry Campbell[[ex Dylan/Levon Helm) on guitars, mandolin, pedal steel, and Pino Palladino on bass. It was tracked in 3 days, mixed and guest overdubs [[Keith Richards, Trombone Shorty, Ivan Neville, Gil Goldstein) done in 3 days and mastered in 1 day. I believe it's her best work to date. The press LOVE it.
    She has first class support all the way I see on this one. It is going to be mine soon! I am buying it and playing it often!!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    I believe it's her best work to date. The press LOVE it.
    Totally agree! I also think it's her best album. I was having a hard time coming to that conclusion because she's released some really amazing albums up to now. For me, this album is flawless from start to finish. I was hanging out with a Bob Dylan fan last night and let him know about this LP. I think it is bringing her a lot of new fans, and I'm glad to see all of the glowing reviews. Well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Totally agree! I also think it's her best album. I was having a hard time coming to that conclusion because she's released some really amazing albums up to now. For me, this album is flawless from start to finish. I was hanging out with a Bob Dylan fan last night and let him know about this LP. I think it is bringing her a lot of new fans, and I'm glad to see all of the glowing reviews. Well deserved.
    Carlo you have the album? Does she slow down, "It Ain’t Me, Babe"?

Yes I have the CD and I am awaiting my vinyl copy. I may end up ordering a second vinyl as well from her website lol. Yes, It Ain't Me Babe is slowed down and is very soulful. Here it is:

https://youtu.be/-NDtahs4xqw

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Yes I have the CD and I am awaiting my vinyl copy. I may end up ordering a second vinyl as well from her website lol. Yes, It Ain't Me Babe is slowed down and is very soulful. Here it is:

https://youtu.be/-NDtahs4xqw
    That's what I was hoping. It is one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs, but I always thought that it would sound really cool if it were slowed down a bit. Thanks Carlo!

Does she ever sing anything uplifting, or is everything dark and unhappy?

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    She's sang many uplifting songs. Here's one from the new album.

https://youtu.be/Uxxx87_UN64

Although I would say she has sang more songs that are about heartbreak or don't f*ck with me type of tunes. It suits the edge and depth of her voice. Billie Holliday never really sang uplifting songs either. The same could be said for countless artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Do you ever post anything uplifting, or is everything dark and unhappy?