[REMOVE ADS]

Tamla Motown - Live in Europe 1965

Saw this upcoming Record Store Day release on the Dusty Groove site. Can't find any info on this and it's not on the RSD list of releases. Anyone know if this is the Paris show with a new name or something different?

https://soulbrother.com/shop/tamla-m...n-europe-1965/

It looks like a vinyl only release of the Ready Steady Go 'Sounds Of Motown' special that was hosted by Dusty Springfield.

Bit strange to have Marvin Gaye on it. In the VHS release of Sounds of Motown, they did slot two clips of Marvin [[Can I Get A Witness and maybe How Sweet it is) in the half-time break but they were just lip-synchs from Ready Steady Go, not live performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Bit strange to have Marvin Gaye on it. In the VHS release of Sounds of Motown, they did slot two clips of Marvin [[Can I Get A Witness and maybe How Sweet it is) in the half-time break but they were just lip-synchs from Ready Steady Go, not live performances.
    That is strange. It makes me think maybe they are just taking audio from the VHS release? Even stranger, they don't include the Martha / Dusty duet.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    That is strange. It makes me think maybe they are just taking audio from the VHS release? Even stranger, they don't include the Martha / Dusty duet.
    The pic in the link says "A Collection of 21 Tamla Motown Sounds", but only shows 16 on the cover ... There were 21 songs performed on the show [[if you include the Marvin Gaye tracks). So, everything from the show should be included. It is strange to have Marvin's 2 lip-synched performances on it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    The pic in the link says "A Collection of 21 Tamla Motown Sounds", but only shows 16 on the cover ... There were 21 songs performed on the show [[if you include the Marvin Gaye tracks). So, everything from the show should be included. It is strange to have Marvin's 2 lip-synched performances on it.
    I notice that the title of the album is TAMLA MOTOWN - LIVE IN EUROPE 1965, but the album cover on the photo just says A COLLECTION 21 TAMLA MOTOWN SOUNDS. Do we know for sure that these are performances from the special? Maybe it is just the original studio versions of songs performed on the special.

I notice that the title of the album is TAMLA MOTOWN - LIVE IN EUROPE 1965, but the album cover on the photo just says A COLLECTION 21 TAMLA MOTOWN SOUNDS. Do we know for sure that these are performances from the special? Maybe it is just the original studio versions of songs performed on the special.
    This site was the only one where I could find any album artwork [[which may not be finalized yet). I found the album on several other sites with just the title. I'm betting it IS the RSG special. The 5 missing tracks from the cover would be You've Really Got A Hold On Me, Wishin' And Hopin', I Can't Hear You No More, Nowhere To Run & How Sweet It Is.

This site was the only one where I could find any album artwork [[which may not be finalized yet). I found the album on several other sites with just the title. I'm betting it IS the RSG special. The 5 missing tracks from the cover would be You've Really Got A Hold On Me, Wishin' And Hopin', I Can't Hear You No More, Nowhere To Run & How Sweet It Is.
    Time will tell. It is certainly an interesting choice for release.

Time will tell. It is certainly an interesting choice for release.
    I agree, especially since I created my own audio from it back in the 80's [[sans the Marvin Gaye tracks). I wonder if they fixed the glitch during the end credits.

I agree, especially since I created my own audio from it back in the 80's [[sans the Marvin Gaye tracks). I wonder if they fixed the glitch during the end credits.
    What was the glitch?

Nevermind ... I just checked Youtube and didn't find the glitch. It may have been during the applause, which can be easily edited out. I know it was there on my video copy though. I'm not getting THAT old!

Yet ...

The 5 missing tracks from the cover would be You've Really Got A Hold On Me, Wishin' And Hopin', I Can't Hear You No More, Nowhere To Run & How Sweet It Is.
    Yes weird since NtR and W&H were two of the main highlights from the special.