[REMOVE ADS]

Happy Birthday to Aretha Franklin

A Very Happy Birthday to the Queen! Ms. Aretha Franklin!
    Last edited by marv2; 03-25-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Marv2, How apropos that you posted this videoclip. Aretha came to Edmonton, Alberta, perhaps the least soulless city in Canada, at the time to tape a TV special with the orchestra conducted by Tommy Banks, who would later become a Senator. I was in the audience during the original taping attempt, which had to be stopped, due to a chest muscle she had pulled a few days earlier in Detroit , when over zealous fans pulled her off the state by accident. Some time later, she came back and I was there as well. Aretha, Queen of Soul, is a modern day musical treasure! Happy B-Day Miss 'Ree!

Happy 76th birthday to Soul Sister Number One, Queen Aretha Franklin! Many happy returns!

The artist with over 100 hit singles, 18 No. 1's, countless Hall of Fame inductions, six decades of being an influential artist, etc.

What a woman. Happy birthday, Queen!

The Queen..Ree much respect

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    Marv2, How apropos that you posted this videoclip. Aretha came to Edmonton, Alberta, perhaps the least soulless city in Canada, at the time to tape a TV special with the orchestra conducted by Tommy Banks, who would later become a Senator. I was in the audience during the original taping attempt, which had to be stopped, due to a chest muscle she had pulled a few days earlier in Detroit , when over zealous fans pulled her off the state by accident. Some time later, she came back and I was there as well. Aretha, Queen of Soul, is a modern day musical treasure! Happy B-Day Miss 'Ree!
    Mark, you have had some very great experiences! Was this performance one that was taped in Edmonton? Also, why are so many Canadians, especially ones from Eastern Canada so down on Edmonton? LOL!!!

I love Aretha!

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T" Happy 76th Birthday to The Queen-Aretha Franklin.

Happy Birthday Aretha!!!!!