[REMOVE ADS]

Another view of the 1965 Tamla UK tour...

...by the Detroit journalist who was with everyone on the bus:

http://www.adampwhite.com/westgrandblog/van-on-the-road

What a great article

It was an interesting article. For the record, all of the Supremes were taken off the bus and put in a limo, not just Diana.

Had they become stars?

Did they need more room?

Was Diana now Berry’s girl?

In her first book, Mary wrote that Berry was complaining about the uncomfortable bus ride and she replied "Now you know we feel on those long bus tours." Berry then had his assistant hire a stretch limo for him and the Supremes to travel. I'm sure it was more comfortable but it certainly wasn't a move that would inspire family unity.

thanks for posting. I enjoyed the article.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    In her first book, Mary wrote that Berry was complaining about the uncomfortable bus ride and she replied "Now you know we feel on those long bus tours." Berry then had his assistant hire a stretch limo for him and the Supremes to travel. I'm sure it was more comfortable but it certainly wasn't a move that would inspire family unity.
    Right. Makes me wonder if David Ruffin started complaining that they [[the Temptations) should be getting their own limo...

Messy.

One morning at breakfast, there was a discussion as to where Stevie Wonder would sit. One of the band members said it shouldn’t be near him as his room the prior night was next to Stevie’s and the youngster had kept him up night walking into the wall that separated them. But Stevie was thoroughly adopted and celebrated by the group. He had a lot of big sisters and Dutch uncles on that trip.
    Now I see WHY the Supremes took the limo. Sounded like the bus was CRAMPED UP like a mug... especially if Stevie [[then 15) had to be forced to the back.